Houston
Sponsored by

Houston teen bank robber's acclaimed movie opens tonight

1,238 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by CATAGBQ04
Diggity
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
so this guy gets away with $140K during an armed robbery and the courts don't ask for restitution? Is that common?

I love his logic in the end as well. Pretty typical mindset sadly.

Glad the chronicle is making a celebrity out of this guy though!

quote:
On the day that changed his life, Monroe and two friends skipped school and held up a Stafford Bank of America with a shotgun, making off with $140,000, which has never been returned. In the film, his family reveals for the first time, that they spent the money covering debts.
quote:
Monroe does not have any plans to return the money he stole to Bank of America.
"I'm sure some people are annoyed, that's fine. Me personally, I have regrets about doing the robbery, about harming the people, just committing a crime in general, but when it comes to my feelings about Bank of America and big banks in the country, I don't have that much remorse." Monroe said. "If Bank of America wants to come and ask me for the money back, I feel they should also allow other people to ask for their 401Ks back."

How To Rob
springagg
ask for their 401(k) back.. as I am watching the stock market hit 14 year highs! If they left their money alone it would be back already!
Al Bula
AG
Chron would never glorify a white bank robber. But I'm sure it's hip and cool to show da hard knocks a young nucca dealt wit in Foat Ben county.

Gotta love this thug's straw man argument. He says he does not feel remorse nor will he pay back the money he stole because the banking industry is somehow culpable for people losing their 401Ks.

What a POS.

Will not watch. The only black crime movies I watch these days feature Denzel Washington.
Diggity
AG
To be fair. BofA stole 401K while this cat only stole 140K.
Samuel E. Cronkowitz
AG
Typical illogical piece of **** thug.
JYDog90
AG
quote:

I laughed.
Waltonloads08
AG
Just a thug with a movie that will inspire others to be thugs with a movie that will inspire others to be thugs with a movie that will inspire others to be thugs with a movie.......
CATAGBQ04
AG
quote:
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.