Houston
Sponsored by

Construction at Omni on Woodway

1,480 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by kcl
kcl
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The past two nights I have been woken up at 3:30 am due to construction of the parking garage at the Omni. Yesterday, I called the Omni and they informed me that they have a permit to do concrete pours at 3:30 am and that it is necessary to pour the concrete before dawn. On one hand, I find this hard to believe. On the other hand, it really is hurting their business by having such commotion in the middle of the night and I would think they would avoid this if at all possible. Any thoughts on how I can quickly determine if this is in fact permitted?
JJxvi
AG
I heard it was only to get at "that guy who calls to complain"
jamaggie06
AG
It's pretty common to pour concrete at night, especially when it's really hot outside, especially if it's large pour. The curing process is very exothermic and excess heat can cause problems with proper curing. Pouring at night also helps avoid a quick setup.

Are you staying at the hotel or just live nearby? If af at the hotel, just complain to the desk or manager and try and get something comped.
ThreatLevel: Midnight
AG
If the company doing the pours has any sense I'm sure they confirmed that it was permitted before bidding the job, and definitely before pouring.

The most simple answer is complain to your company to get some comps and buy some ear plugs. it wont last forever.
RK
AG
When I stay in a hotel I usually drink enough and J-O enough to sleep through nuclear attack.
AgLA06
AG
quote:
The past two nights I have been woken up at 3:30 am due to construction of the parking garage at the Omni. Yesterday, I called the Omni and they informed me that they have a permit to do concrete pours at 3:30 am and that it is necessary to pour the concrete before dawn. On one hand, I find this hard to believe.

Know why I know you have no knowledge of commercial construction?
Mr. Lahey
AG
quote:
quote:
The past two nights I have been woken up at 3:30 am due to construction of the parking garage at the Omni. Yesterday, I called the Omni and they informed me that they have a permit to do concrete pours at 3:30 am and that it is necessary to pour the concrete before dawn. On one hand, I find this hard to believe.

Know why I know you have no knowledge of commercial construction?

Yep standard operating procedure
Ducks4brkfast
AG
quote:
When I stay in a hotel I usually drink enough and J-O enough to sleep through nuclear attack.

Literally just LOL in a deer blind.
kcl
AG
Well, at least they weren't doing it this morning.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.