Houston
Sponsored by

HPD nonsense - lawyer referral

6,240 Views | 58 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by DPS AG
T Durden
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Keep us posted on this end of month revenue play.
Lot Y Tailgate
AG
That is some ****ing bull****.

If this happened on the 31st pretty much proves there are quotas which are illegal.
Lot Y Tailgate
AG
And I'm pretty sure that law only counts if say you pull into the lot off 18th drive through and exit Ella without going to the store.

And when you fight this make sure you have your receipt from HEB or a cc statement.
Lot Y Tailgate
AG
Op, post this story on Timbergrove fb page.

Many have requested more patrols but I don't think this is what they had in mind.
ballchain
Mr.Ackar07
Don't forget to mention to the judge how many times that officer got in and out of his car with the vehicle running, thus "operating his vehicle without a seatbelt" during your traffic stop.
agz win
AG
Would there be parking lot video that showed you parked and the cop bothering you?

Cop car video taping the event?

all would be embarrassing for the department
LawAg05
AG
quote:
quote:
Post the cops name and badge number so we can get his life story and ridicule him on social media.

This. Hopefully he's getting married and we can recommend a good wedding photographer.

Terrible idea. Do not attempt to "get back" at any police officer in any way. You will turn something inconvenient into something much more. Besides, these guys put their lives on the line everyday to protect and serve. Sometimes they screw up and that is where the system works as it was designed. Just let it play out in court.
Al Bula
AG
quote:
Besides, these guys put their lives on the line everyday to protect and serve.
Love the hyperbole.
aTm2004
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Post the cops name and badge number so we can get his life story and ridicule him on social media.

This. Hopefully he's getting married and we can recommend a good wedding photographer.

Terrible idea. Do not attempt to "get back" at any police officer in any way. You will turn something inconvenient into something much more. Besides, these guys put their lives on the line everyday to protect and serve. Sometimes they screw up and that is where the system works as it was designed. Just let it play out in court.
<----- Joke

<----- Your head
Lot Y Tailgate
AG
quote:
quote:
Love the hyperbole.

The protect and serve line isn't true for all officers, I can't see an office who pulls the **** in OP stepping in to save someone's lice in a dangerous situation.
lctag
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Love the hyperbole.

The protect and serve line isn't true for all officers, I can't see an office who pulls the **** in OP stepping in to save someone's lice in a dangerous situation.

Save the lice!
LawAg05
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

<----- Joke

<----- Your head
Have you ever worked in the criminal justice system? I'm guessing not. People do things that defy common sense all the time. This suggestion may be so far outside your normal that it is obvious, but that isn't true for everyone.
dfphotos
Lol cops
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
on the subject of HEB, there are 3 krogers in or near that neighborhood already with target and walmart within arms reach, not to mention a Fiesta which takes in most of the low income market. If the Kroger on 20th or fiesta goes under i can see HEB popping up a presence to compete with the rest
JakeyBS
AG
I got a ticket for "improper use of horn" for a single curteous *beep beep* at a guy stopped at a greenlight rubbernecking a severe traffic accident.

Cop thought I was honking at him directing traffic, gave me a ticket and yelled his arse off at me after making me exit the vehicle. I apologized sincerely after trying to explain why I honked. But you could tell he was stressed out from the accident and was venting on me. Some cops are crooks, most are just trying to do their best, and we have no idea what they stressors they just dealt with in the last 5 minutes.

Took the ticket without arguement. Was worth letting that guy go home without added drama
Texan76
quote:
quote:
If the officer doesn't show up on trial day,

Yeah, because Houston cops do this all the time. They would much rather be out on the streets preventing crimes than sitting in some air conditioned court room chatting with their buddies and collecting overtime.
What they do is sign in around 8 to start the OT meter. Go work off duty at Randalls or HEB. Then show back up after lunch time when cases might actually go to trial. Double dip.
maverick2076
Take his name adn badge number and file a complaint with TCLEOSE, not just the department.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
quote:
Have you ever worked in the criminal justice system? I'm guessing not. People do things that defy common sense all the time. This suggestion may be so far outside your normal that it is obvious, but that isn't true for everyone.
Have you ever posted on this site? I'm guessing not. People do things that poke fun at stupid situations all the time. This suggestion may be far outside your sense of humor scope, but this isnt true for everyone
aTm2004
AG
quote:

For LawDick.5
LawAg05
AG
quote:
quote:

For LawDick.5

That's it? That's what your whole "joke" and multiple condescending responses were about?!? Haha. That's sad. Get over yourself and get a life beside being flippant on a texags.
Guitarsoup
AG
But seriously, if he is getting married, send him my name.
aTm2004
AG
Go back to doc review and deciding how strong to make your drink tonight. The adults are having a semi-serious conversation here.
texag89
AG
^^^^^

One of many reasons why I wonder why I bother coming around here anymore.

Got your feelings all hurt because you got called out on your stupid joke.

Get over yourself.

DPS AG
AG
For the seat belt ticket....

TRANSPORTATION CODE
Chapter 545. Operation and Movement of Vehicles
545.412. Child Passenger Safety Seat Systems; Offense.
(a) A person commits an offense if the person operates a passenger vehicle, transports a child who is younger than eight years of age, unless the child is taller than four feet, nine inches, and does not keep the child secured during the operation of the vehicle in a child passenger safety seat system according to the instructions of the manufacturer of the safety seat system.

"Operate" means to drive or be in actual control of a motor vehicle or watercraft. (definition found in the Transportation Code).

Think you are clear if you were not in gear or moving.

As far as the crossing property charge goes, if you have the receipt or can show that you were in the store just prior to leaving the parking lot, it will be dismissed as well. Ask for the video of the stop. If the cop admitted that he witnessed you start the car (as you said about the seat belt) then he just admitted that this charge is bogus. As another poster stated, report it to his supervisors and file a complaint with TCLEOSE.
Learning to Do, Doing to Learn, Earning to Live, Living to Serve.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.