Houston
Sponsored by

Cy-Creek HS on lockdown

7,663 Views | 35 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by srob2004
AgMarauder04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
No other info.

If I don't make it out, I love all your guys.

Except Ray Guy.
10andBOUNCE
tylercsbn9
AG
Is Creek that bad? I am looking at moving, and whenever I see Cy Creek as the high school I X it out. I like some of the homes that feed into Hamilton Elementary & Middle, but having my kid go to Creek worries me.

Most of the ones I save feed to Fair, Woods, and Ranch.
AgMarauder04
AG
No, Creek isn't that bad. It's a great school, but I would send my kids to ranch, woods, or fair myself.
10andBOUNCE
AG
I went to Creek and I survived just fine and dandy
AgMarauder04
AG
All Clear.
howdy17
What do you teach at creek?
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
What do you teach at creek?
Physics.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Was the Physics Clown spotted on campus?
tylercsbn9
AG
Thanks. Guess I'll keep Creek in my back pocket as long as it feeds into Hamilton.

I would much prefer Fair, Ranch, or Woods.

Ideally I want to find something north of 290 (Fairfield area that feeds to Ranch) or around Rosehill which feeds Woods. There is also a pocket just south of 290 on Barker that goes to Woods, but feeds into Postma (which i think might be okay).

Just looking to move because my wife is pregnant and we want her to stay home after kid #2. With the way homes are being priced I can sell my home in Tomball, find something I like in the price range I am comfortable with, and cut my mortgage in half by selling my current home.

Also looking around Tomball, but we've become slightly annoyed with the teachers at our kid's school. They seem very much in separate silos and don't know wtf they are doing. They were completely clueless as to my kiddo's reading level and had him a year behind when in fact he was on level for his grade level. I think they just took his reading level form the beginning of the year (when he was slightly behind) and kept going with that. He has made a huge jump in the last 6 weeks with his reading. It's been quite astonishing. And they seem to forget my wife teaches elementary in Cy Fair so when they spout bull**** and nonsense she knows and calls them on it.
Ragoo
AG
Wife said they had someone in custody.
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
Wife said they had someone in custody.

Email we got said a visitor didn't check in, and was spotted walking around the building...not sure if that would warrant taking someone into custody.
Ragoo
AG
Custody could mean many different things.
Chi374
AG
Went to Creek also and survived just fine as well.
tylercsbn9
AG
So the ones to completely avoid are what??? Already assume Langham Creek and JV are terrible because that is the area my wife teaches elementary school in.

Langham Creek
Jersey VIlliage
Falls
Lakes
Ridge
Springs

Good ones:

Ranch
Fair
Woods

In Between:

Creek
AgMarauder04
AG
Falls is OK. Pretty close to Creek demographic wise. Rest of your list is good.
Ag_07
AG
Great ones:

Waltrip
terradactylexpress
Cy spring grad checking in.

Don't go there
yeahtoast
AG
^

Mad cause Hopper kids were bigger than him
Satellite of Love
Creek blows.

But i went to Fair so i might be biased.
aggiedent
AG
I was in the first graduating class at creek.

FYI.................the very first physics teacher at creek was fired mid semester.............because he didn't know physics. True story.
plowboy1065
S
Tyler, give me a shout if you're not working with an agent. I live off Mueschke and we feed into Ranch

chad@teamcrider.com
Mookie
AG
I survived creek as well.

Mr ash worth still teach physics there?
AgAttorney2010
AG
Don't just make a decision based on a school... if you can get a bigger, nicer, better house that's zoned to ridge then take that house over the fair house...ridge is fine. I went to ridge and it was fine... yeahi went to school with more non white people than my cy fair friends but is that a problem? Nope. Parenting, family and home stability are more important than a hs choice like ridge vs. fair...
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
I survived creek as well.

Mr ash worth still teach physics there?
No.

Marshall
Springer
Mitchell
Newman
Ellis
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
Don't just make a decision based on a school... if you can get a bigger, nicer, better house that's zoned to ridge then take that house over the fair house...ridge is fine. I went to ridge and it was fine... yeahi went to school with more non white people than my cy fair friends but is that a problem? Nope. Parenting, family and home stability are more important than a hs choice like ridge vs. fair...

Every school in the district essentially is two schools in one. It's not about the overall school. It's about the classes your children take. If your child is in all K/H and AP classes, they will rarely be around the "rougher" element of a school. There is a definitive difference in the types of students who take K classes vs those in L.
Ag_N_Houston
AG
You try way too hard to sell CFISD as a good district. It used to be a great district, but not so much anymore. I worked in CFISD at one of those schools where the "rougher element" is in different classes than the "good" kids. It doesn't matter if you are in AP classes when there is a kid on campus with a knife or a bloody fist fight in the middle of the hall between classes or at lunch. When there is a kid that just got out of juvie in the class next door, it can absolutely disrupt the learning in the AP class. For high school, it also takes away from experiences such as sporting events and prom. Do you really think that the "good" kids are having the best experience possible when they have to worry about the "rougher element" being at one of those events? Parents should definitely be concerned about what school their kids are zoned to.
randy828
AG
Cy Creek! Graduated a long time ago, it was great into the 90's, I have heard it has become much worse, but still hasn't dropped as bad as Klein Forest did.
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
You try way too hard to sell CFISD as a good district. It used to be a great district, but not so much anymore. I worked in CFISD at one of those schools where the "rougher element" is in different classes than the "good" kids. It doesn't matter if you are in AP classes when there is a kid on campus with a knife or a bloody fist fight in the middle of the hall between classes or at lunch. When there is a kid that just got out of juvie in the class next door, it can absolutely disrupt the learning in the AP class. For high school, it also takes away from experiences such as sporting events and prom. Do you really think that the "good" kids are having the best experience possible when they have to worry about the "rougher element" being at one of those events? Parents should definitely be concerned about what school their kids are zoned to.

Got it. We are all in bad schools. Let's give up on all of them. You know nothing, you damn pantywaste. Life is tough, and so are these kids. These schools offer a superior education that gives a chance for everyone to succeed. I'm damn proud of the opportunity we offer at Creek, and I would happily send my daughter here.
aggiedent
AG
quote:
Do you really think that the "good" kids are having the best experience possible when they have to worry about the "rougher element" being at one of those events?

So it's getting them ready for life..........which is neither easy or fair. Boo hoo.......how terrible.
Ag_N_Houston
AG
Nope. Apparently you have reading comprehension fail. I was counter his point that it doesn't affect students that aren't actually in class with the "rougher" ones.

In life, I have the choice to not live near thugs. I also have the choice not to work in an environment that we consider to be bad. School is not real life. School is the place that children are supposed to receive the tools and knowledge to function in real life. It is also the place where they are supposed to be given the best environment possible to learn. I know plenty of teachers that live in CFISD and work in other districts that have their children in their district. They choose to do this because of the schools that they are zoned to. They don't want their kids going to certain schools.

It doesn't matter what district you are zoned to. It does matter what schools you are zoned to.
CrossBowAg99
AG
ANH
aggieswmr04
No Mr. Ashworth is now at John Cooper teaching. My mom was the next Physics teacher hired after the first one was fired after he wasn't teaching physics

i drove by there the other day, school was almost unrecognizeable after their remodel.

A lot of friends went to Creek and it seemed ok, but I know neighborhoods change. A lot of times it's not just about the school but the teachers you end up with...
Jack Cheese
AG
I have 2 kids at Ranch and another that will be there in a couple of years. Wildly varying experiences, some good some horrible. Overall I think the district is absurdly large and should be broken up. Any district that thinks it needs (and receives) a $BILLION bond issue is too big. I would pay for private if we weren't too lolpoor. Just keeping it honest.
agracer
AG
We moved out of Creek last year (2013). I asked kids what is different in their new school other than demographics and they said "no fights...AT ALL!". Said they saw maybe 1 a week a Creek, and that was just the girls.

Also, no metal detectors (apparently these are not used all the time, just some times) and no one walking out in hand cuffs mid-day.

Obviously it's not that bad, they survived. But I'm much happier with their current school (out of state) than I ever was with CFISD. The area around Creek, and the 'student quality' seems to have gone down hill quite a bit.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.