Houston
Sponsored by

Traffic / Parking Tips for ULM Game

1,129 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Ag_N_Houston
Gameday Traffic Guy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy Ags.

A couple of things to remember as you make your way to Aggieland for this weekend's game against ULM:
  • The 11 a.m. kickoff means there will be more pre-game traffic than we have seen at other games this season. Texas Ave. and Wellborn Rd. will be crowded. Harvey Mitchell Parkway (FM 2818) should be an easier route to public parking on west campus.
  • The intersection at Olsen and Kimbrough has been congested before each game this season. Avoid this intersection if possible and remember that the West Campus Garage is a prepay and permit only lot.
  • Prepay for parking by using the Destination Aggieland App.
  • For those of you traveling from Houston via 290, watch for slow traffic on 290 approaching Highway 6 near Hempstead.
Find out more about gameday parking and exit routes at gameday.12thman.com.
AliasMan02
AG
I'm coming in from Houston and picking people up from Easterwood around 930. What are the easiest parking options from the airport to campus? We could almost walk it but would prefer to get to Kyle earlier than that would allow.
The Wonderer
AG
quote:
I'm coming in from Houston and picking people up from Easterwood around 930. What are the easiest parking options from the airport to campus? We could almost walk it but would prefer to get to Kyle earlier than that would allow.
Take 60 into CS and park in the $15 lots behind West Campus. You can't miss the signs directing you to the lots. They only take cash.
Ag_N_Houston
AG
We'll be getting there around 9:30 too. I'll probably try to park in WCG first.
pilot
AG
290 is shutting down tonight......Plan wisely!
Texas A&M
I45 NB will be down to one or two lanes near the Woodlands. I think the NB feeder roads will be completely closed down.
AliasMan02
AG
So what is the best route from Houston? Seems like the 290 delay shouldn't cost more than the 20 minutes out of the way it would be to go 249.
Zemira
AG
Beware of Texas Ren Fest traffic and construction on 249/105.
Gameday Traffic Guy
AG
quote:
You might exit the airport and head east on Stotzer, take a right on Research Parkway, and park on Fan Field. Take the Bush Library bus (drops off at north side of Reed if you're tailgating in that area, and the MSC).
Gameday Traffic Guy
AG
quote:
We'll be getting there around 9:30 too. I'll probably try to park in WCG first.
The WCG is only for those who have bought parking ahead of time. I show spaces still available - but you should try to buy through the website or the Destination Aggieland app ASAP. We're trying to make the garage access work better, so we've stopped selling spaces to folks who drive up on gameday. It allows us to send folks to Agronomy Road or Fan Field without getting tied up in traffic.
AggieT
AG
290 is already a total mess.
Gameday Traffic Guy
AG
Update
West campus garage is sold out. If you dont have a permit or havent bought a pass for today, try Fan Field, Agronomy Rd (use 2818 to get there) or the lots near Bonfire Memorial
Joan Wilder
AG
Thst 290 closure was such a cluster. No detours posted. No cops. I went offroad to exit and jumped the curb and drove around behind the mall and probably saved myself 40min. So aggravating.

I nearly always check before I leave but forgot this morning. Lesson learned
drumboy
AG
quote:
Thst 290 closure was such a cluster. No detours posted. No cops. I went offroad to exit and jumped the curb and drove around behind the mall and probably saved myself 40min. So aggravating.

I nearly always check before I leave but forgot this morning. Lesson learned

I was the smart guy that went through Tomball to visit my grandfather at a nursing home and got stuck in traffic for an hour and a half before turning around and going to 2929. I'm sure 290 was better.
Ag_N_Houston
AG
I was going to exit and go behind the outlets. I forgot to exit and ended up in the traffic. It was only about 20 minutes at that time though. It still sucked.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.