Houston
Sponsored by

Cable-Internet Provider

552 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by 10andBOUNCE
tylercsbn9
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I know they all suck, but I can't get past AT&T screwing me over.

Back story. My box went out after 7 or so years and I had to get a replacement one. Anyway they send me one and it doesn't work. I use the new power cord with my old box and it works fine, so obviously it was just a power supply problem. Regardless I called and a tech came out. They then took my box to return it so I didn't have to return it. I specifically asked the tech if I should just return it and he said no, it is ok. Then I get letters telling me if I don't return the box I will be charged $160. I call them and tell them the situation and they say they will investigate. Flashforward and now I have a $160 charge on my October bill, yet now their records show the box was returned Sept 15th. So they charged me $334 this week. I call them again and they say they are going to cancel the autopay of $334 and I can pay my normal rate. Yet now the $334 is no long pending and posted on my account. Supposedly I will get credited on my next bill, but I don't trust them for ****, and regardless that's not the point. They should have solved the problem much more easily.

So, any recommendations for cable and internet providers? Other than Comcast..........
Lot Y Tailgate
AG
If Comcast works it is really good, but if you have to deal with customer service you are ****ed.
Furlock Bones
AG
quote:
If Comcast works it is really good, but if you have to deal with customer service you are ****ed.

this
GoneGirl
AG
The same goes for uverse. We're switching to them because we can save $50 a month, but they installed on Saturday and it worked. Quit working on Monday. I took the afternoon off to be there for the repair guy (noon-4 pm window). He came at 3:00, complained about the install job the other guy had done. Replaced the backup battery (which wasn't working) and at 4:30 announced that the outside box was bad and would have to be replaced by a fiber tech. He put in a work order, I called customer service to get a time frame.

They wanted to send someone out today, but I'm not taking another afternoon off, so I argued with them to get someone out last night. They agreed - said he'd be there by 8:30. We called at 9. They said they had only promised to TRY to get someone out there.

So the guy came this morning, but no one is there. He did his stuff and now they're texting me to see if it's all working. HELLO - remember me saying that there wouldn't be anyone there?

Meanwhile, our Xfinity is still hooked up (good thing or we'd have no tv or internet). If only one is working when I get home, that's the one we'll be going with.
KW02
AG
quote:
quote:

this
10andBOUNCE
AG
What do you Comcast folk pay for DVR and HD service? Trying to figure out what cable in two rooms plus internet would run after the promos are over.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.