Houston
Sponsored by

Boxer property?

4,100 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by TarponChaser
GoAgs92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone ever work for them, their Glassdoor score is very low but a lot of the negativity is from on site managers...is the corporate office any good.

xpost from job board
Finn Maccumhail
AG
In what capacity? The different departments vary wildly in terms of environment and compensation.
GoAgs92
AG
corporate office in Finance.
88jrt06
AG
Is that Andrew Boxer, who bought up all the Class B/C office properties?
AG1904
AG
I would ask a lot of questions about corporate policies. I'm in commercial real estate in Houston and have heard some pretty off-the-wall requirements. Number of personal photos you can have in your office, no books for pleasure reading in your office, desk audits with accompanying fines for non-sanctioned "paraphernalia", etc. These could be BS, but I would check it out. That being said, I know someone that has worked for them for over 3 years and likes it.
Finn Maccumhail
AG
Finance would probably be pretty good depending on the veracity of stories AG1904 relayed.

They've slowed down a bit but they're still buying a lot of properties so you'd be busy. The question is how they'd pay for that. I know some folks over there and almost went to work there a couple years ago. Still friendly with a couple folks.

I know they're really focused on the 3rd-party management/leasing business these days. Partly because the acquisitions market has gotten more competitive and partly because they can make a good deal of money managing/leasing crap properties.

IIRC, their average tenant is under 1500sf and only a 3-year lease term. That may have changed somewhat as the economy has improved and they've bought a couple A-/B+ assets. They tend to cater to fairly unsophisticated clients but when I was in tenant rep they were very easy to work with and I had a bunch of small deals (3000-5000sf) in a couple of their properties and they were very easy to deal with.
GoAgs92
AG
wtf is non sanctioned paraphernalia?
88jrt06
AG
That's a bong without a company logo.....
Aggiemike96
AG
They take over Hartman (or something like that) Properties several years ago?
Finn Maccumhail
AG
quote:
They take over Hartman (or something like that) Properties several years ago?
Nope.

Hartman is still out there screwing people over. They've actually grown. I briefly worked there and Al Hartman is the slimiest mofo in Houston commercial real estate. They're worse than American Spectrum when it comes to being the commercial slum lords.

Hartman went through a split in like 2006 or so and the people that left (and sued the crap out of Al Hartman) created Whitestone REIT.
Diggity
AG
Your boy Al making the news again. This article came in my morning BisNow feed.

Quote:

HOUSTON (KXAN) Employees of Hartman Income REIT, a commercial real estate company in Houston, say that a May 4 meeting took a turn when the company's CEO turned to their coworker and told him to take off his face mask.

Five employees of the company, who remained anonymous in interviews with Buzzfeed News out of fear of retaliation, say that when their 20-year-old coworker refused to remove his mask, CEO Al Hartman replied, "Well, you can either take off your mask, or you can go home."
Quote:

"If we're at work, he doesn't want us wearing a mask," one of the employees told Buzzfeed. "He says coronavirus is a hoax, more people die of the flu, and there's no evidence it'll really hurt us."

https://www.kxan.com/news/coronavirus/houston-real-estate-company-employees-claim-ceo-said-take-off-your-mask-or-you-can-go-home/

TarponChaser
Finn is dead. Long live Finn.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.