Houston
Sponsored by

KHOU Top Quality Reporting

1,873 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by TXAggieHOU
Buck O Five
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
http://www.khou.com/story/news/2014/10/22/hpd-responds-to-possible-shooting-at-ben-taub-hospital/17730145/

quote:
HOUSTON Police are on the scene of a shooting at Ben Taub Hospital in the Texas Medical Center. At least one person is dead, according to the Houston Police Department.

The shooting happened about 2:15 p.m. in the outpatient pharmacy inside the hospital.

Sources with the hospital say a pharmacy employee shot another employee, then shot himself.

The hospital was put on lockdown and patients were told to lock their doors, according to people inside the hospital.

Several HPD patrol cars and at least one fire truck and an ambulance could be seen in front of the hospital from Air 11.

WTF is an ambulance responding to the top trauma center in Texas?
LostInLA07
AG
quote:
an ambulance could be seen in front of the hospital

Wow it must be really bad!
lunchbox
T&P to the victim.
Tagguy
AG
quote:
WTF is an ambulance responding to the top trauma center in Texas?

So they get paid more....duh
Tagguy
AG
Joking aside they could be armed EMTs. A friend of mine is one.
The Wonderer
AG
Probably standard protocol for shooting response. Plus, while it was at a hospital, emergency resources are not located where the shooting took place.
OnlyForNow
AG
The female the dude shot has died.
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
the good news is the "murder" portion of the murder-suicide was not successful.
Article says 2 dead. ??
lunchbox
Shoot! The original I received was that they were very optimistic about her chances. I'll edit my post above.
The Wonderer
AG
quote:
Shoot! The original I received was that they were very optimistic about her chances. I'll edit my post above.
Probably not the best word choice given the circumstances....
jja79
AG
Buck with an active crime scene it was possible some might need transport to another hospital. You didn't think of that? Thought a situation where a murder occurred funny?

I've got a son who is a front line physician at a large hospital and this type situation is my biggest fear for him.
KDubAg
AG
quote:
Probably standard protocol for shooting response. Plus, while it was at a hospital, emergency resources are not located where the shooting took place.
Pretty much this. EMS (ambulances) respond to many calls in the hospitals. Basically because the ER is in a different part of the building. And they need the manpower/equipment quick.

They also respond occasionally to the ER because a patient got upset about the wait and wants to be transported somewhere else. Never works and it gets supervisors and PD involved.

Buck O Five
AG
Way to throw a wet blanket on my murder suicide thread.
Ag_07
AG
Or how bout this gem from the chronicle this morning?

Travel Warning for US-Mexico Border Town

quote:
The U.S. State Department has issued a new travel warning for Nuevo Laredo, warning that U.S. citizens have been targets of violent crimes including kidnapping, robberies and carjacking.
The warning says Mexican government officials have tried to counter criminal activity by cartels and other criminal groups, KGNS reported, and said tourist destinations attract less violence.

Really???
TXAggieHOU
AG
Nm
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.