Houston
Sponsored by

Hugo Caliente in Town and Country at Memorial and the Beltway

5,209 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Sazerac
wbr_iii
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wen went last night. Great mexican food. Good family atmosphere. Great prices on wine too (Cakebread bottle was $38).

Everyone should go there. We need some good quick choices in the area.
cab595
I've been wanting to try this out, but parking at the location seems like a nightmare during peak hours.
agchugger
AG
Great restaurant and one of the owners is an Ag!
smitytrop
Good morning , the parking has improved with the ATT employees parking in the garage and Flemmings not using so many spaces. We do validate parking in the garage directly right behind us. Thanks- Chris '91
smitytrop
Class of '91!!!
DuncanAg
AG
Chris has a great place in Hugo Caliente! Food is fantastic and great wine selections. You can call in your order ahead and pick up with no wait (which we did Saturday night). Some people don't know, but he also has great breakfast tacos!
mnetop
AG
Thanks for the advise. I live in the area and the wife and I will be definetely be giving it a try this weekend.
KT_Ag08
AG
Went there yesterday for lunch with some co-workers. Flavors were really good, portion size was really big, prices were more than reasonable. Only question I had was about using a flour tortilla for the enchilada. It was tasty but wasn't what I was expecting. Would definitely (and will) go back.
DRE06
AG
Is this like a normal TexMex place or what? Never heard of it.

Can someone give insight into the type of restraunt
agchugger
AG
Counter service Mexican food. Chef used to be at papassitos to give you a flavor for the food.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
quote:
Get ready, food and drink lovers, there's a new happy hour in town. Starting today, you can head over to Hugo Caliente for light bites and cut-rate drinks. The chef-driven, scratch-kitchen, quick-service Mexican restaurant will offer appetizer and drink specials Monday-Friday from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.

Look for margaritas priced from $4-$6, depending on the size, and $2-$4 beers. Enjoy munchies like beef brochette, shrimp cocktails, mini tacos and house specialty Nacho Chiquito priced between $2 and $4. Daily specials include beef or chicken fajitas for one for $10 on Fajita Tuesdays and Wine Down Wednesdays, featuring a new wine every week, available by the bottle or glass.

"Happy Hour is a great way to try a bite or two of our menu," said owner Chris Smith. "Our fajitas are made from outside skirt steak, and all our sauces, corn and flour tortillas are made in-house fresh daily. Many of our sauces are gluten free because we make them with fresh vegetables, and we have many vegetarian menu items."
vansprinkle
AG
Picked up fajitas for take out tonight. Excellent food and Chris was extremely nice. My wife had chicken and I had beef. We split them so we could taste some of each. Both were fantastic and its a fairly minor thing, but the refried beans were outstanding. Had chips and white quest as well, both top notch.

This is definitely going to be one of our favorites. I'll have to try the enchiladas next time, maybe some breakfast one morning. Between Hugo C and Grub, we have a couple nice Aggie restaurant choices in the area.

As said above, everyone in the area should give it a shot. Guaranteed to not be disappointed. Thanks again, Chris. We will be coming back to see you again.
Marvin_Zindler
AG
Wife and I went to check out Hugo Caliente last Friday night. The food was great and the service was pretty fast. We will definitely be back to try more stuff (I'm shooting for some breakfast tacos). I'm glad we finally have a good place like this in the area.
cab595
I picked up breakfast tacos yesterday morning. They were really good and will definitely go back to try different options.

Now my go-to breakfast taco spot in the area, which used to be el rey.
Tom Hagen
AG
http://blog.chron.com/foodchronicles/2015/01/hugos-sues-hugo-caliente-in-town-country/#29937101=0
Panama Red
AG
Look... me and the McDonald's people got this little misunderstanding. See, they're McDonald's... I'm McDowell's. They got the Golden Arches, mine is the Golden Arcs. They got the Big Mac, I got the Big Mick. We both got two all-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles and onions, but their buns have sesame seeds. My buns have no seeds.
trestamu
AG
Keep up the good fight Chris.
88jrt06
AG
"Hot Hugo"
Serotonin
AG
quote:
Look... me and the McDonald's people got this little misunderstanding. See, they're McDonald's... I'm McDowell's. They got the Golden Arches, mine is the Golden Arcs. They got the Big Mac, I got the Big Mick. We both got two all-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles and onions, but their buns have sesame seeds. My buns have no seeds.
Nice.
Sazerac
AG
Pretty decent. Different than most texmex which was nice.

Good happy hour pricing on food and drinks 3-6 and Tuesday fajitas for 4 for $25 is tough to beat.

It was dead on a Tuesday night though...hope they have a big lunch crowd.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.