Houston
Sponsored by

Two Houston Aggies needing Help with their Forever Family

2,474 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by JerseyVillageAG99
JerseyVillageAG99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Huebner Family Fundraiser
To start off with, this is long so in prelude I apologize.
I know this is way out of left field and most people would think this is a scam. My wife, class of '03, and me, A-Batt BQ class of '99, have been licensed foster parents in the state of Texas since October of 2012. We had 2 placements since we have been foster parents. The first child was only with us for 2 weeks and then placed with the maternal grandmother. The second placement was placed with us for over a year, had his legal rights terminated, and then CPS placed the foster child with the maternal aunt even after the court appointed attorney wanted him to stay with us. Even with all the heart ache that CPS and how unfortunately broken the system is, my wife and I would not take away one minute of the time that our foster children were in our lives and the immense joy they brought to our family and loved ones. God blessed us with two first wonderful children who we still love to this day
My wife and I are unable, at this time, to conceive children. We have gone through IVF and all of that.
Its funny how God works. My wife and I both, before meeting each other and still being single, wanted to adopt a child. We are both Christians but don't beat people over the head with a Bible about it. Both my wife and I believe that when Jesus healed the leapers and said, "What you did for the least of these, you also did for me.", that it was a calling to all Christians to seek out ways to help those that are less fortunate. Well everywhere we look when we wanted a child it kept coming back to, "Ummm, guys y'all both wanted to adopt before you were married and I put you together for a reason. I know y'all are Aggies but come on already!".
So after being with a private agency for over 2 years we've decided to switch gears, still sticking with what we feel is God's plan for our family in adoption, but going with open infant adoption through Catholic Charities. Catholic Charities is exactly what their name means it is a charity. This is the last stop that all women, if they so choose, have before having to give their child up to CPS which typically is not a great alternative. Plus, it is a truly selfless act for any woman to be brave enough, no matter what the circumstances, to say, "I will have this baby and God will find a way to provide for my child and me!". Well Catholic Charities is that kind of organization. 100% of the fees my wife have to pay, if they don't go towards the mother and babies needs, go back to the organization so they can keep their doors open. The reason we would need 100% of the funds available immediately is because there is a desperate need at Catholic Charities and ZERO waiting families in front of my wife and I. In other words, as soon as we turn in our application, pay for our training, and pay for the home study, we would probably need to pay 100% of the fees all at one time.
So here's my rally cry from our Aggie family out to all of our Aggie Sisters and Brothers on this board. My wife and I have a good portion of the proceeds procured. Its the last little bit that we need help with. We came up with a website to where you can donate directly towards our goal of adopting a child or children, don't worry the fees are the same even if the mom has twins, and having our forever Aggie family. Our promise, in return, is that the only option for a school this child/children will have is at Texas A&M University. Even if you cannot donate monetarily if you could please keep us in your thoughts and prayers we would greatly appreciate it. All of you, whether we know you by name, will all be in our family's prayers, thoughts, and gratitude forever no matter if you feel the Holy Spirit has moved you to donate or not. Please do not feel obligated to donate in any way shape of form. However, as I've already said, if the Holy Spirit or kindness of your heart moves you to donate with generosity, our forever family would greatly appreciate it.
Our donation website is Huebner Family Adoption Fundraiser
I sincerely apologize for writing the non-abridged version of war and peace. Moderators and staff if this is not kosher I sincerely apologize but I can assure you this is 100% legit and no scam. After all, Aggies don't lie, cheat, or steal, and do not tolerate those who do. Thank you all in advance for your kindness and God Bless all of our Aggie community!
Buck O Five
AG
It looks like you spent a lot of time putting together a meaningful post, I highly recommend cross posting on the Aggies Only board.
hombre
Dill-Ag13
agent209
AG
My mother works with Catholic charities. You will reach your goal and your family will be blessed. Donation sent.
JerseyVillageAG99
AG
Thank you all for your encouragement, donations, and support. I did post on the Aggies only board. Thanks and Gig 'em to all of y'all. Our family generally appreciates everything whether in prayer, thoughts, or monetary donations.
A&M Chopper
AG
Good luck!
JerseyVillageAG99
AG
My wife and I just wanted to give heartfelt thanks to all the support that you all have given. Thanks to all of you. Gig 'em and God Bless.
sts7049
AG
good luck
keysercade
AG
God bless you!
college of AG
AG
Your story sounds almost identical to ours. 3 children, CPS (unbelievably heart wrenching), private adoption... and recently a new baby..

There are many adoption grants to apply for. We received grants from gift of adoption and applied with ruby mules fund, and a few others. Our local church gives 2 $2000 adoption grants a year. Please apply. The deadline might be Friday so you will have to hurry.
Fbc livingston.or for details

Keep pressing toward your goal and we will be praying. It is 3:52 am and I am holding my new baby and posting on texags... totally worth ALL it took.
JerseyVillageAG99
AG
Just wanted to give an update that we're still in adoption mode and still can utilize any donations anyone would feel blessed to grace my wife and I with. We truly appreciate all of the best previous donations and would appreciate any more. Thanks, God Bless, and Gig 'em!
10andBOUNCE
AG
Cool story!

Had a question on Catholic Charities as my wife and I are wanting to adopt in the future and would like to find an agency or avenue to do so.

What are the fees involved through CC? Website says no fees for adoptive parents?
JerseyVillageAG99
AG
10andBounce
You are 100% correct in that if you adopt through any private agency, whether it be Catholic Charities or whomever and go through the CPS system, there are basically no fees. I know this is true of Arrow Ministries as well. I cannot speak to the validity of that statement with agencies such as Depelchin, Buckner, Gladney, etc as I have no direct knowledge of their programs.
If you want to adopt through the CPS program then there are typically zero or very nominal fees. What you will have to pay for, if you go theough the foster to adopt program, is the court fees, if you get to keep the child, to finalize the adoption. You can figure about 5-10k for that depending on the retainer. As well, you may already know this, but CPS workers are extremely overworked and underpaid. So therefore don't plan on getting your NCI, subsidy for daycare only if both your spouse and you work full time, to be quickly processed. This is a government entity and they will drag their feet at everything. So plan on about $165-$185 a week for daycare. Now as soon as you get a child placed in your home, research where the local WIC office is, bring your placement paperwork, and go to that office that next day! This will save you big money especially on a baby! the child placed in your home is guaranteed assistance and swallow your pride about utilizing these services. WIC will, after your appointment and last time we fostered to adopt, allow I believe 12 cans of formula a month. You ask anyone who has a kid and they'll tell you what a blessing that is. As well if you go buy it at Kroger, Randall's, or anywhere else that has their own loyalty card you can buy the formula and the total, before WIC hits, counts towards your fuel points. Little tip a lot of people don't know about.
Now if you live in Houston, since the child will be on Medicaid (Star Foster) you cannot take the child to any Texas Children's Hospital or physician. TCH (Texas Children's Hospital) only accepts CHIP which is basically their own medicaid. You can go to Methodist but I recommend Memorial Herrman because my sister works there.
If you have more questions you can feel free to contact Barbara Feliciano at (713) 874-6597 as she heads up CPS and the domestic adoption (the program my wife and I are utilizing) where it is basically like an open adoption.
So yes technically there are no fees but you will have to buy some things and be out some money that you will not be re-imbursed for. However, if any agency asks you to pay them money up front and you are willing to do straight adoption or foster to adopt through the CPS system then my advice is to run for the hills and stay away from that organization. Just my 2 cents.
Feel free to PM me with with any other questions you may have. My wife and I will be praying for your family on your journey!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.