Houston
Sponsored by

Restaurant Review: Taqueria Tacambaro

1,670 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Finn Maccumhail
Stan Crowch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Get up on Sunday morning around 10 am. Pull a 6 pack of Modelo Especial out of the fridge. Drink one immediately. Take the remaining 5 beers and put them on ice in a small cooler. Grab a couple of plastic cups depending on how many people are with you. Drive to Canino on Airline. Turn on the radio dial to 90.1, they will be playing killer blues music for the next 4 hours or so. Once you arrive at Canino Farmer's Market get out of the car, grab your cooler and walk through the market to the back of the parking lot where you will find a taco truck surrounded by a gaggle of Mexicans who look like they know how to eat. Walk up to the taco truck and order as many Tacos de Mollejas and Tacos de Tripas as you can afford (They are $1.50 each you should be able to afford quite a few depending on your current economic circumstances). Find a spot to chill. Take their red sauce and pour it in the bottom of your plastic cup. Then once your tacos are ready squeeze in some of the lime they serve you as well. Pour your cold Modelo Especial on top of that, eat your tacos and be very glad you live in Houston. ywia

Milwaukees Best Light
AG
The back of the market always smells rotten. They have a couple dumpsters back there that just reek.
UndergroundAg
Poors
sts7049
AG
sweet lord those look tasty
fishag04
AG
If those mollejas are legit you will be my hero. I have lived in Houston almost 10 years and haven't really found any worth a damn.
Stan Crowch
AG
They are very legit. Just be sure to get there early as they get overcooked the later you go in day.
Ag_07
AG
I'm assuming that making a b-line to the nearest reliable plumbing toilet is necessary within an 30 min of finishing.

Given that area of town that may require you to leave ASAP since I doubt you could find a reliable toilet within the necessary time slot.
Stan Crowch
AG
You know how I know you are gay?
Ag_07
AG
This isn't going to stop me from trying it out but needs to included in your step by step guide.

Don't want anyone to get stuck in a precarious situation.
Ag_07
AG
Stan

Have you tried the El Emiliano Asador on Gessner (located in the former Tostada Regia building right next to former Jarro Cafe)?

Been wanting to stop by and the Yelp reviews and pictures look legit. May have to check it out this weekend.

El Emiliano Asador
Stan Crowch
AG
I have not been but Chichacharon de Ribeye sounds fan****ingtastic and I will be going very soon! Thanks for the heads up.
dreyOO
Interesting tip. I may check it out
Ragoo
AG
Tacos la balla is pretty legit too. Further up gessner just south of tanner.
UndergroundAg
You all must have bullet proof cars going to these joints!
jetch17
AG
quote:
Stan

Have you tried the El Emiliano Asador on Gessner (located in the former Tostada Regia building right next to former Jarro Cafe)?

Been wanting to stop by and the Yelp reviews and pictures look legit. May have to check it out this weekend.

El Emiliano Asador

Mexican/Argentinian fusion

Trying this ho
ElCheAg
AG
Stan,

If those tripa tacos are legit, I will always praise your name.
KT_Ag08
AG
Went to El Emiliano Asador today for lunch and were likely the only people in there. The good news is the barbacoa tacos were legit as ****, hot, fresh, solid corn tortilla. There were also some tacos with bacon, fideo that comes out with the salsa and fried corn tortillas that was really good, and no one there including the chef that came out to ask us about our meal spoke English.

Menu looKS intriguing if a bit random since they have pastas on there but I'd give those a shot too after making my way through the rest of the menu. Do try.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
quote:
Stan

El Emiliano Asador
see you Saturday
UndergroundAg
quote:
and no one there including the chef that came out to ask us about our meal spoke English.

How is this relevant?? And that was a cook not a chef that came out to ask about your food.
CrossBowAg99
AG
You should change you name to squaregringoag
Ragoo
AG
quote:
Went to El Emiliano Asador today for lunch and were likely the only people in there. The good news is the barbacoa tacos were legit as ****, hot, fresh, solid corn tortilla. There were also some tacos with bacon, fideo that comes out with the salsa and fried corn tortillas that was really good, and no one there including the chef that came out to ask us about our meal spoke English.

Menu looKS intriguing if a bit random since they have pastas on there but I'd give those a shot too after making my way through the rest of the menu. Do try.

pretty solid meh, especially for the price. Was expecting dirty street tacos for a buck fifty.
Finn Maccumhail
AG
As I'm possibly buying a truck tomorrow from Tommie Vaughn thanks to 1ags I'll be in the neighborhood for lunch. May have to hit it up.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.