Houston
Sponsored by

290 to 10 ramp open

4,359 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by El Mero Guero
Ferris Wheel Allstar
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Man that thing is legit. Helps get back ITL real quick.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Maybe they can take some of the hombres and move them onto the 45 south project.
htxag09
AG
Yeah. It was awesome today. Looks like it may cut 10 min off my drive home every evening.
Quailmeezy
AG
Drove on it today. It was glorious.
Skinny Wrinkles
AG
Just think, one day it'll only be kind of a complete cluster F.
AgMarauder04
AG
How's the sinage for it? People on FB were beeching that it comes up quick with no warning.
Jack Klompus
AG
Already was a cluster this morning. People moving over and then moving back and no one knew wtf was going on.
Tagguy
AG
quote:
Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:
Unlike Saturday when it was completely ****ed.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
quote:
Already was a cluster this morning. People moving over and then moving back and no one knew wtf was going on.
That is due to the idiots going the wrong side of the construction cones this morning headed to 610 past the exit.
Tagguy
AG
290....its what keeps ITL>OTL
GCRanger
AG
Satellite of Love
Of course some Mexican beaner truck would already be broken down on the new section of road.

With no real shoulders, if someone breaksdown that ramp is going to be murder.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
quote:
quote:
How's the sinage for it? People on FB were beeching that it comes up quick with no warning.
Signage was good.

Both electronic boards (@ BW8 and 34th) note the change, and there are overhead signs marking the exit. Driving on that part of 610 sure is strange now, since it's basically still just 290 until after I-10.
You are assuming two things:

1. People driving actually look at the signs, which they dont

2. They could actually read the signs, which I doubt many can.
Ag_07
AG
On my way in at 7 am the radio traffic guy said the new ramp wasn't quite working yet as it was 55 mins from Grand Parkway to 610

E
AG
The last two mornings there has been almost zero traffic from Ella to 290! The past several months it's usually a parking lot in the morning...
OilAg03
AG
I don't get all the confusion... Plenty of signs. I guess if you're texting / checking Facebook then you might miss the clearly marked signs, but I drove it this morning around 7 finally and thought it was great.
pb488
AG
does 290 have lanes closed still? traffic seems to suck just as much on traffic maps in afternoons
El Mero Guero
There is prob something I am missing, but on a weekend, how is 290 to 10 that much better than getting to 10 via 610? Doesn't it spit you out at the I-10/610 interchange?
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
The 290 inbound traffic finally affected my life in a personal and tragic way.

I was at the WalMarks on 290 & Tidwell when my tummy started rumbling. I was about to abandon my shopping and race home, but I remembered the logjam an realized that sadly, after a long and I healthy life, I was going to have to take my first ever crap in a WalMart baffroom.

One of the two crappers was already taken, so I had a neighbor almost the whole time. The door latch was broken, there was pee on the seat and gang graffiti on the wall. The throne wobbled like it was going to come crashing down off the wall. My neighbor had a massive coughing attack as he exited.

Not sure how long it takes for Ebola symptoms to show up, but I've survived for now. T&P please.
Tagguy
AG
You are already infected. Head immediately to Dallas with the rest of the unclean.
CrossBowAg99
AG
quote:
There is prob something I am missing, but on a weekend, how is 290 to 10 that much better than getting to 10 via 610? Doesn't it spit you out at the I-10/610 interchange?

It doesn't make a difference when traffic is light. They are removing the weaving that occurred when 290 and 610 traffic was trying to cross and get to either 10 or 610 south of 10.
El Mero Guero
quote:
quote:

It doesn't make a difference when traffic is light. They are removing the weaving that occurred when 290 and 610 traffic was trying to cross and get to either 10 or 610 south of 10.

That's what I thought...was just confused by the OP since he posted that on Sunday evening...but now I realize he may have just been taking the opportunity to jab at the OTL folks, which I fully support.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
OP was smart enough to realize the impact of having 610/10/290 interchange on traffic instead of posting after the fact
htxag09
AG
Yeah traffic is a little backed up with people confused and not paying attention but nothing like 610 was just last week. I got home on a typical day at 5:35 this week compared to 5:50 in the past.
El Mero Guero
It's a lot better taking 610 to 59 from TC Jester to Greenway. Feel like it saves 8-10 min but haven't really kept track.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.