Houston
Sponsored by

Shipley Donuts on Ella & 34th selling cocaine...

8,017 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Not Funny
UndergroundAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
or something like it, line is always up the butt, day or night and people dgaf they will wait it out. WTF!!
schmendeler
AG
ITL sheep
Martin Q. Blank
34th is OTL.
schmendeler
AG
I know where it is. The people patronizing it are going to be ITL.
RK
AG
Not really. Garden oaks, oak forest, etc are all right there and all otl.
E
AG
I live a couple blocks from it, that drive through line is into the street at all times of the day.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Slight exaggeration, but they do solid business.

All I know is I get all day heartburn no matter what I get there, so I've stopped doing that.
RM03
Terrible location. The irony is people will sit in line in the street when they could park in the adjacent lot and get their fried heart attack food quicker by walking into the shop.
BMX Bandit
"Terrible location" seems to really be hurting them
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
quote:
Terrible location. The irony is people will sit in line in the street when they could park in the adjacent lot and get their fried heart attack food quicker by walking into the shop.

The reason why you go through the drive-thru is because you can come back out on 34th. If you park, odds are you have to turn north on Shepherd and bust a ****ty U-turn into oncoming traffic.

Besides, the only people that go inside are Waltrip kids, cops, and old ass retired people.

And as BMX said, there location truly is terrible. Who the hell would ever go there...

Idiot.
AggieTJ
AG
Try the powdered sugar donuts. Mmmmm...
TexAgs1992
Their donuts are definitely mixed with cocaine.
Ryan the Temp
AG
Regular glazed donuts are the best, but my preferred donuts are apple fritters, and Shipley's gets a fail on those. It's not an apple fritter if it's apple-filled.
drumboy
AG
quote:
Regular glazed donuts are the best, but my preferred donuts are apple fritters, and Shipley's gets a fail on those. It's not an apple fritter if it's apple-filled.

Bakery Donut on 11th at Shepherd has a solid Apple fritter.
UndergroundAg
I'm here now!
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
quote:

Not sure what that means, but I like the apple fritters at Queen Donut on 18th better than Shipleys.
Ryan the Temp
AG
Shipley's basically just fries a big lump of dough and injects it with apple filling. A real apple fritter has the apples incorporated into the dough.
Bob Kelso
AG
They 2x or 3x up on quantity. Your donut holes order is like 3x the regular amount.
agz win
AG
How is their old fashioned glazed buttermilk cake donut? They changed the recipe at the place on Richmond near Main and it is inferior.
88jrt06
AG
Neumann's in Bellville makes a mean fritter (though there's still a filling).

Agree with Ryan: Apple fritter is the king of donuts. Shipley's makes clown-prince version.
Ag_07
AG
Sorry but an apple fritter is not a donut. It's a fritter

And you're failing miserably if you're buying anything other than plain glazed and sausage/jap/cheese kolaches from that Shipley's.
Panama Red
AG
Ag_07 knows more about being filled with fruit than Ryan the Temp.
95_Aggie
AG
quote:
Sorry but an apple fritter is not a donut. It's a fritter
If you are going to be picky, a kolache doesn't have meat in it either.
Marauder Blue 6
AG
Great. Now you're going to get the Czechs all riled up.
Ag_07
AG
Whatever...IDGAF what the Czechs think. The Mezcuns at Shipleys know them as kolaches and that's how I order them.

Now if went off and called kolaches the king of donuts then we'd have an argument.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Texags white trash food snobbery never gets old. Lets do beans in chili or tipping at Sonic next.
95_Aggie
AG
What do you get on your Freebirds?
Mert2003
AG
Agree with the above poster regarding donut holes - my boys (three of em in total) love to do damage on those "dozen" donut holes.

SPP person here and I love the Ella location!
AgLA06
AG
quote:

Not sure what Shipley's you are going to, but the one in question does not. They use apple pieces and they are delicious.
Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:
quote:

Not sure what Shipley's you are going to, but the one in question does not. They use apple pieces and they are delicious.
The one in the tunnel under Esperson.
grizzo
AG
Go order donut holes at that location, and they'll give you a warm-to-hot bag to maximum capacity, not just 12 old, cold and stale ones.
88jrt06
AG
quote:

And you're failing miserably if
You're Ag_07 on this thread.
HtownAg92
AG
Spicy "Big Earl" Kolache (yeah, I said it) is the regular sausage/jap/cheese turned up to 11.

quote:
Apple fritter is the king of donuts.

Cinnamon twist FTW.
El Mero Guero
I walk in on Sat mornings when line is down the street and it is in-n-out. Have never had to wait like I did over at the one on N Main.
JJxvi
AG
I ordered klobasnek and they looked at me funny
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.