Houston
Sponsored by

Ford Dealership with generally the best prices?

4,150 Views | 35 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by JJxvi
Brent_TH
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Was curious if anybody had any experience with the Houston and surrounding area dealerships? In the market for a 2014 F-150.
AggieEquestrian09
AG
Ive bought several vehicles from Helfman ford, even use Helfman jeep to service my jeep grand. The ford dealership has always been great to deal with. There are several guys there that are partial to aggies.. if your really interested ill send you his name... if he cant help directly but can point you to someone who can.
chuckd
AG
contact 1ags on the auto board.
Brent_TH
AG
I'd tried contacting 1ags through email. I'll try him again by sending a PM.
jja79
AG
I've driven F150s forever and bought my last 2 at Tomball Ford. Never, ever again will I go there.
agz win
AG
Post this on Auto board - several Ags have contacts.

Ditto 1Ags, too.
spider96
AG
quote:
contact 1ags on the auto board.

Used 1ags hookup at Tommie Vaughan. Been very pleased with my truck.
Lot Y Tailgate
AG
I bought mine at Helfman, I got a low price but they were very mad when I left.

I wanted a truck they had but in blue, we had gotten to a close price but I wanted lower, they said they would dealer the transfer the truck, I said that was not necessary as we have not agreed on a price, they said they were going to do it anyway, I stated again that's cool but we haven't agreed on a price.

Truck came in and they called me so I went to the dealership, they tried to immediately take me to the finance room to sign the papers, I said we hadn't agreed on a price yet.

They were PISSED. I had been very clear about not agreeing on a price, because they were pissed I kept beating them down for awhile.
MrJonMan
AG
Just got mine 2wks ago from TV, via 1ags connection.....easiest experience ever
Brent_TH
AG
Anybody have the email for 1ags' Tommy Vaughn connection? Tried to get a hold of him, but never heard back.
Ol army 92
AG
1ags is in China. He's asleep right now. Give him 24 hours and he'll reply. His hookup is worth the wait.

Bought a '14 Expedition last month through TV and it was as easy and painless as everyone says it is.

Great Dealership.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Found the best price on my F150 at Mac Haik.

I shopped hard, too. Including 1Ags' contact at Tommy Vaughn.
MrJonMan
AG

There's the contact info, just tell her Wes (1ags) gave you the info, usually takes her 24hrs to respond
Brent_TH
AG
Thank you very much. I'll update how everything went with the various people that I'm getting quotes from once I finalize the truck purchase.
07fta07
AG
I don't think he likes her info posted which is why he asks everyone to email him...
But yes, that's the only way to go
New Hampshire Ag
AG
Heard great things about tommy Vaughn. Stay away from tomball
Al Bula
AG
I checked out the TV contact but got a better price with Mac Haik. It took me about a month but I got what I wanted.
SouthTexasAg06
AG
quote:
I checked out the TV contact but got a better price with Mac Haik. It took me about a month but I got what I wanted.

Ditto
LeftyAg89
AG
nm
Al Bula
AG
TV is probably good for poor negotiators or impatient people. There are better deals to be had.
07fta07
AG
quote:
TV is probably good for poor negotiators or impatient people. There are better deals to be had.

I got a better deal on my wife's Edge at TV than anywhere by a longshot. Even if it was slightly more expensive than I could have got elsewhere, the ease of the transaction was worth it. Not having to deal w clueless sales people and play the game was excellent. I did everything over email and showed up, signed papers, and left.
E
AG
What do the 2014 King Ranch 4x4's usually go for? I'd be willing to take one off of TV's hands for the right price...
Lot Y Tailgate
AG
I heard 2014s are going to be a lot soon due to the production delay for starting up the 15s
MrJonMan
AG
Staff took the email away, so no harm no foul.....I hope!

a month of haggling to buy a car? From first email to drive away it was 3 days at TV, bc their first price is the bottom line no bs, best deal. Only thing we did was squeeze an extra $500 out of them on trade.
PottsDW
AG
quote:

I highly recommend AutoNation, great experience with the same guy, Internet Sales/Fleet guy named Ennis.

This

Had bad experience with their service department more than once though.
O'Doyle Rules
AG
autonation katy
vansprinkle
AG
I used 1ags TV contact. A few emails back and forth and about 30 minutes at the dealer is all it took, and the price was great. Also, get on Fords website and order a brochure through mail and email for the 2014 F150. You'll eventually get a coupon from Ford for another $500-750 off. Our coupon came in a couple weeks after the purchase and the TV hookup cut us a check for $750, when the coupon states that it must be used at time of purchase.

I wasn't happy with my trade in offer, so I kept my other truck and sold it in a week on Cars.com for $2,500 more than TV or Texas Direct would offer me.
agmatt06
AG
I didn't buy from TV, but I did like dealing with them as it is very low pressure and I could test drive whatever I wanted.

If you do spend time talking to his contact (and it's nice b/c you can do it via email), you can get them to drop the price a bit.

I liked the experience, but their selection was a bit limited and they low balled me on the trade in (not the contacts fault).

I know others hate Planet Ford (Humble for me), but I went in, got what I thought was a good price on the truck I wanted and made an extra 3k on the trade in.
oceanag13
AG
I just bought my new truck back in July and shopped hard all over the Houston area. Best prices I found by far were at Mac Haik ford off I-10. Customer service is meh but the price was the best in Houston. I would also check out Ron Carter in Alvin, just avoid Autonation.
The Catfish
AG
Tommie Vaughn fan here. Never used this hook up before but I've bought 2 trucks there.
BassAg
AG
quote:
quote:

I highly recommend AutoNation, great experience with the same guy, Internet Sales/Fleet guy named Ennis.

This

Also found the best deal on my F150 at Auto Nation in Katy. Was about $4,000 cheaper than Tomball Ford for the exact same truck.
God-Family-Friends-Ag FB
On a truck like a Ford F-150, do people recommend buying brand new or 1-3 years used but in good condition? Bought my first one new in 2005, recently sold and am driving wife's hand-me-down Altima...other than the gas mileage, it sucks. Thinking about looking at new or recent F-150's or Tahoes. On her recent car purchase, we came out of it thinking it was worth it to go brand new...which we did, even though we always said we'd be smart and buy a few years used going fwd.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
IMO brand new vs 1-3 years is negligible.

In condition and price! Used trucks when I was looking, were damn near the price of new!
The Kraken
AG
Who the heck buys a new truck and only keeps it two years? Pure speculation on my part but I'm guessing 2 year old used cars are easier to find since cars have much more inventory coming off leases?
The Milkman
AG
Can someone shoot me an email with 1ags contact information?

Cptauer at gmail

TIA
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.