Houston
Sponsored by

Houston Buyers Agents

3,568 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by AggieAGR
CustomMadeSuit10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Posted this on the Real Estate board, figure I'd also post here:

Trying to buy my first home and am in the market for an agent to guide/advise me. Does anyone have any recommendations? I would prefer referrals rather than agents advertising themselves. I am looking in Houston. TIA
cgarcia23147
Amber Griffin with Coldwell Banker, 281-352-5222.

You can also try Jackie Smyre with Greenwood King, 713-907-0969. I've referred friends and clients to her in the past who have been very happy.

Third, call Julie Sawyer with ReMax, 713-306-5399. I've worked with Julie for years and is currently helping one of my clients purchase a home in EaDo.

I'm a mortgage lender and have been very happy with all of their service.
Ag_07
AG
We used Ellen Wenske with Greenwood King not long ago for our first home purchase. It wasn't an easy negotiation and we had no complaints and came away very impressed with the work she put in.

I'll throw her number up when I get back to the office.
Diggity
AG
What part of town are you looking at?
Harman Rabb Jr.
I always use Jim Bennett at Buyer's Edge. He only represents buyers.

http://www.buyers-edge.com/home.htm" class="postlink " target="_blank">http://www.buyers-edge.com/home.htm
agmatt06
AG
Houston is too big imo to just look for a good agent in general.

The right Agent in Kingwood is not the right agent in the Heights or Katy or Sugar Land.

As Diggity asked, narrowing an area will get better replies.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Lesley Nelson if you're interested in stuff in the Heights, Midtown, Montrose (Pretty much all of ITL), or Pearland.

Email me and I'll give you her info. Don't want to blast her info on here

ctbrennan at hotmail dot com
Ducks4brkfast
AG
quote:
What part of town are you looking at?

This,

Folks making recommendations without first asking which part of town? Pass.

Find a realtor that knows the area you're looking to purchase.
adamsbq06
AG
If you are looking in Cypress... Tracy Strickland. He was our agent and guided us through the whole process. I believe he also handled the mortgage as well it was simple and painless.
texpert68
AG
Any recs for the humble area?
grizzo
AG
CustomMadeSuit10,

My wife and I are both full-time realtors located in the Galleria area. I would be happy to sit down with you to get you pointed in the right direction. If the market in which you are looking is not somewhere I can best serve you, I have some great contracts through out Houston.

Feel free to contact me at chris at chrisgrizzaffi dot com.
grizzo
AG
texpert,

i know a few up that way. just sent you a pm.
dummble
AG
We loved Tammy Thomas when we bought in Kingwood. She is very familiar with Humble, Atascocita Kingwood. She really knows the area and the people. She works lot behind the scene to make it easy. Very patient too. Our friends used her in Atascosita and their SIL towards summerwood
Aggie09Derek
AG
If looking ITL look at Tarl Anderson - Tarl.com
BarryProfit
Tarl?
Aggie09Derek
AG
Yes
Satellite of Love
And of course the OP hasn't returned to say thanks or answer fllow up questions. DB.

Try El Paso b/c we don't need you here.
CustomMadeSuit10
AG
Woah, sorry....just got back into the country after being a way for a few weeks for business. For the record, I do appreciate everyone's input.

To answer the "what part of town" question, I am looking in the Heights, Montrose, or East Downtown parts of Houston. Thanks again everyone.
Diggity
AG
That's right in my wheelhouse so give me a call if you have any questions about a particular area.

I have helped a few dozen TexAgers on here over the years and haven't had too many complaints!
AggieAGR
AG
Chris Boyles '08 works a lot in those areas. I have linked his Zillow profile as well as his website for your information. I have personally worked with Chris managing renovation projects for him for the past year, and have had several friends that have used him to buy/sell homes over the last 2 years with very positive feed back.

http://www.zillow.com/profile/Chris-Boyles/

http://cbhoustonrealestate.com/

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.