Houston
Sponsored by

RTT: City of Houston Sprinkler Line Repair?

517 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Ryan the Temp
Teddy Perkins
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The city of Houston is currently in the process of replacing the concrete on my street. In the process they tore out my sprinkler lines that were buried in the grassy area between the sidewalk and the street. Is there any chance the city will fix these or am I SOL?
Ryan the Temp
AG
I can almost guarantee you they were not there legally. If that is the case, the short answer is no. If you happen to have an existing encroachment agreement, there might be some options.
Aggiemike96
AG
I'm no expert, but if your sprinkler lines were in the easement, I do not think the city is obligated to repair them if they had to be cut as part of the City's work in the easement area. Perhaps RTT or someone more knowledgeable will comment shortly.
Aggiemike96
AG
Ok...well, guess that confirms my thoughts.
Ryan the Temp
AG
Technically, you cannot place anything in the ROW that is not approved by the City Engineer. That includes irrigation.
CrossBowAg99
AG
Just be happy that they are fixing the street
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Happened to me. I spoke to the contractor beforehand. He told me when to cut the water off, then they simply cut, moved and reburied the heads just in side the curb.
Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:
Just be happy that they are fixing the street
Instead of public housing, Uber, and the lesbian agenda.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.