Houston
Sponsored by

Cottonwood

2,272 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by drumboy
Echoes97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Went to Cottonwood to watch the game today. A couple of friends got up there at noon to get a table inside and asked if the Aggie game would be on the audio as well as one tv. They were told that would not be a problem, as the other Ags there were told. Game starts and music is playing and we ask to have the sound for the game turned on. The waitress sends the owner over to our table and he informs us that it is between our game and the Alabama game and a decision will not be made until the 2nd quarter based on demand. We see one table of bama people and several Ag tables around us. One of our people informs the Ags around us to ask for the audio. Then I go up to the owner to tell him if he doesn't want to put the audio on we will be leaving. He tells me that he is putting the audio on our game but that i should "thank the table of Alabama fans" for "allowing" it to happen. There were about 8 of them and many more of us. After that rude response we closed the tab and left in the 2nd quarter for Wakefield Crowbar, which had the game on multiple screens and audio on as well. When we closed out our waitress told us there was a new owner and manager. They were understaffed which I would have put up with if the owner wasn't rude. Not going back to Cottonwood, there are too many other places to spend my money to watch the game.
CrossBowAg99
AG
DustysLineup
AG
The owner tried to be accommodating to different groups of customers? OUTRAGEOUS! I hope you left a sternly worded Yelp review!
Finn Maccumhail
AG
Did the owner pour a drink on your new shirt from Banana Republic too?
Echoes97
AG
******* it, sorry wife was posting on my account. Sorry for the whining.
Us And Them - The Pink Floyd Experience
http://www.usandthemband.net
BarryProfit
I'm more concerned that you let your wife post on your texags account than I am with your whiney cottonwood review.
aggivedave16
To be fair, the Bama Fl game was a much better (closer) watch than the Aggie blowout...

But I hear ya.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
quote:
Went to Cottonwood to watch the game today. A couple of friends got up there at noon to get a table inside and asked if the Aggie game would be on the audio as well as one tv. They were told that would not be a problem, as the other Ags there were told. Game starts and music is playing and we ask to have the sound for the game turned on. The waitress sends the owner over to our table and he informs us that it is between our game and the Alabama game and a decision will not be made until the 2nd quarter based on demand. We see one table of bama people and several Ag tables around us. One of our people informs the Ags around us to ask for the audio. Then I go up to the owner to tell him if he doesn't want to put the audio on we will be leaving. He tells me that he is putting the audio on our game but that i should "thank the table of Alabama fans" for "allowing" it to happen. There were about 8 of them and many more of us. After that rude response we closed the tab and left in the 2nd quarter for Wakefield Crowbar, which had the game on multiple screens and audio on as well. When we closed out our waitress told us there was a new owner and manager. They were understaffed which I would have put up with if the owner wasn't rude. Not going back to Cottonwood, there are too many other places to spend my money to watch the game.

quote:

Al Bula
AG
I can see myself telling the owner to go f ck himself if they would not cater to Aggies but not posting about it in Texags.
BarryProfit
It was his old lady, that's what chicks do. Echoes is a good dude.
Satellite of Love
Echoes...what is it like to ride on the back of a motorcycle while your wife wears the chaps?
Furlock Bones
onceaggie
AG
Echoes is a cockuld
DustysLineup
AG
On a different note, am I the only one who kinda wishes I had gone up to Cottonwood yesterday to eat some chicken fried steak bites and see what this dude's wife looks like?
What? Nevermind.
UndergroundAg
^^^Nasty Ass^^^

edit: for onceaggie
jetch17
AG
quote:

Yeah right
herb96
AG
Cottonwood is cool and not a "sports bar". Not so sure why you absolutely needed the audio to a meaningless blow out game.
BMX Bandit
Did your wife log in as 3rd Coast Ag?
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Cottonwood would be way down my list of bars to go watch the game at. Definitely wouldn't think the audio would be on there either.
RK
AG
yea, I watched a&m/mizzou there a couple of years ago [with Heisman implications on the line, etc] and they didn't bother to turn the sound on. maybe a good day-game bar when they are more flexible but not for a night game. crowbar is the correct play for the area.
drumboy
AG
I watched the Texans/9ers game there last year and it was fine other than the huge inflatable screen not inflating.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.