Houston
Sponsored by

Good neighborhoods to buy near 1-10 and Bunker Hill with 350K budget?

1,730 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Caliber
Aggielandma12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Starting to do a little research in the area and thought I would see what Texags has to say. I work in the Murphy, Cobalt, Nexen area and would like to be within a 10 to 15 minute drive to work. Three small kids but we will be doing private school, so not worried about what school the home is zoned to.

Looking for at least 4 bedrooms and a minimum of 2,100 sq feet for around 350K. recommendations? We have looked at Spring Shadows and Walnut Bend a little.

TIA
CrossBowAg99
AG
Check out the neighborhood N of Briar Forest, W of BW, E of Wilcrest
drumboy
AG
This house is for sale right by my mom & grandmother's house a couple streets behind Costco. I kinda dig the 70s living room but the rest could use some updating.

http://search.har.com/engine/9709-Pine-Lake-Dr-Houston-TX-77055_HAR56508210.htm
CrossBowAg99
AG
quote:
This house is for sale right by my mom & grandmother's house a couple streets behind Costco. I kinda dig the 70s living room but the rest could use some updating.

http://search.har.com/engine/9709-Pine-Lake-Dr-Houston-TX-77055_HAR56508210.htm
Looks rapey

Westicles
AG
quote:
Check out the neighborhood N of Briar Forest, W of BW, E of Wilcrest

That's Walnut Bend.
CrossBowAg99
AG
No ****, but I like the side north of briar forest better
Aggielandma12
AG
quote:
No ****, but I like the side north of briar forest better

Agree
Aggielandma12
AG
I don't see them getting more than 300K for the rapey house.
drumboy
AG
quote:
I don't see them getting more than 300K for the rapey house.
I bet they'll get over $350K. This house is directly behind it was listed for $400K and sold very quickly recently AFAIK. Yes it's much newer but its smaller and on a considerably smaller lot.

There were two lots around the corner next to each other selling for $165K a year or so ago and I thought it was crazy but now I wish I could buy both to build on.
God-Family-Friends-Ag FB
I still cannot believe how much houses are going for in Spring Branch these days...especially in the 079. Growing up out there, it blows my mind.
Scientific
AG
Branch is huge. South of Long Point, its warranted.

North of it, is what I cant wrap my head around.
UndergroundAg
More like Spring Trash amirite?!?!?!
spadilly
S
Home prices in spring shadow are going for double what we bought our for a few years ago. We have thought about cashing out, but if you sell into this market you have to buy back into it somewhere.
BarryProfit
quote:
I still cannot believe how much houses are going for in Spring Branch these days...especially in the 079. Growing up out there, it blows my mind.

You could say the same thing about the heights, oak forest, garden oaks... It's everywhere except the far burbs and even the nicer parts of the burns are getting (relatively) pricey.
Jules_Winnfield
quote:
quote:

You could say the same thing about the heights, oak forest, garden oaks... It's everywhere except the far burbs and even the nicer parts of the burns are getting (relatively) pricey.

No really.. We bought our house in cinco ranch (west of 99/ south if 10) for around $80 sq ft 8/12 and we sold it for 135 sq ft this last week and we did nothing to it... Granted it's not going for $200+ a sq ft but prices are still increasing

P.S. We Hated it out here so were moving in closer to the loop
Caliber
AG
Spring Shadows fits the bill. Quite a number of young couples/families are moving in.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.