Houston
Sponsored by

Barry Warner

2,299 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by bonfarr
spadilly
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Listening to his quick one minute hits in the way to work every morning, dude's losing it. Has he always been this bad?
WES2006AG
AG
yes
CrossBowAg99
AG
Scantron882
AG
"GARY WAYNE KUBIAK..."
chico
AG
Seriously several years ago he had a job on some local Vietnamese AM radio station. Warner would read something (e.g. Astros won last night 6-3) then the Vietnamese DJ would translate it over the air. Then Warner would say something else and the DJ would translate that again. This went on for about 5 solid minutes of classic radio entertainment.
BarryProfit
That sounds better than 610am.
Cibalo
I'd rather listen to Dave South call a World Cup game than listen this jackass.
dreyOO
quote:
Seriously several years ago he had a job on some local Vietnamese AM radio station. Warner would read something (e.g. Astros won last night 6-3) then the Vietnamese DJ would translate it over the air. Then Warner would say something else and the DJ would translate that again. This went on for about 5 solid minutes of classic radio entertainment.

Damn that's ridiculous.
Seersucker Ag 2011
AG
KEEPING MATT SCHAUB ERECT
PottsDW
AG
I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed how terrible that guy is. It makes me change the station.
onceaggie
AG
He is better than bit nose I hate white people nick wright.... **** that guy
BarryProfit
Nick Wright was on sports center last night in the wake of all of this AP garbage. I'd never seen him before. Talk about a face for radio. He literally looks like a *****.
DrZ
AG
Actually I think he is better than he use to be. Still awful. In luv ya blue days he was always high as a kite.
BarryProfit
That makes me kinda like him
BoxingAg84
Barry Warner has forgotten more about football than any other Houston Sports radio host knows. (Other than Koch and Kalu)
Warner was an NFL scout for years before venturing into radio.
Furlock Bones
AG
quote:
Barry Warner has forgotten more about football than any other Houston Sports radio host knows. (Other than Koch and Kalu)
Warner was an NFL scout for years before venturing into radio.

that's fine. still doesn't make him a good radio host as evidenced by his frequent cannings of late.
Aggie Rick
AG
The Nose Wright is absolutely terrible.

You think 610 would know better in this market then to bring a race-baiting raging liberal in on what used to be the highest rated local morning sports talk show.
@Aggie_Rick
Ag_07
AG
I don't think he's that bad. He has his moments that make me want to go off but I think overall he's good.

He's entertaining and his stories of gambling away his life savings are funny. Good mix of entertainment and sports and goes well with Lopez.
aggiemike89
AG
I used the like 610 and still like J-Lo a lot but Wright is absolutely unlistenable. I'll listen the LZ and AC but AC is hard to take too.
The Catfish
AG
J-Lo may be one of the worst on the radio. He puts together arguments like a 2nd grader.
BoxingAg84
Lopez does nothing but laugh 90% of the show.
No matter when you tune in, he's always laughing.
He never used to be that goofy.
Wright is an aquired taste.
At first I couldn't stand him, then I actually figured out that he's pretty smart.
No denying that.
He has a Palillo-like arrogance to him.
Huge upgrade over Josh Innes 100x over.
runontexas
AG
I miss josh Innes

790 for the win!
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I've never been able to take more than 4 minutes of Nick Wright. I know Lopez is an Aggie, and I like him better than Wright, but that's setting the bar pretty low.

Koch & Kalu are brilliant. 610's utter morons for letting them go. I know those two guys are rare among ex-NFLers (Koch a lawyer and Kalu a Rice grad), but it's amazing others don't try to emulate that combo, although I guess 610 has Seth Payne and Ted Johnson on at different times.

I'm an LZ die-hard going back to the days of the bench. I wish Granato could get away from 1560 and get back with him, but c'est la vie.

Here's a piece from Philly.com
about Innes' new digs. Shockingly, he reveals that Rich Lord did not enjoy working with him.
runontexas
AG
Ruben Galvan has reportedly been hired for a weekly 610 segment
bonfarr
AG
quote:
I used the like 610 and still like J-Lo a lot but Wright is absolutely unlistenable. I'll listen the LZ and AC but AC is hard to take too.

I agree, every Sports story has a race angle for Wright.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.