Houston
Sponsored by

Comcast, AT&T, or DirecTV

3,064 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Aggie1205
astrosaggie1212
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sorry, another one of these threads. Recommendations on who is the best out there right now for TV/internet?

Also, if I remember correctly, there was someone that posted on this board that works for AT&T? Or maybe it was Comcast.

TIA
schmendeler
AG
comcast internet and directv for tv is what i have.
AgDaddy08-11
S
I have comcast/xfinity and have been real happy with them. They have recently doubled their internet speeds on two of their plans at no extra cost. So I'm a happy camper.
rjamizon
I can't deal with Comcast's incredibly poor customer service, so I have AT&T for internet and TV. AT&T has announced gigabit internet for certain neighborhoods in Houston, which is why Comcast recently doubled their internet speeds (did I mention I hate Comcast?). and DirecTV and AT&T just bought the Comcast Sports Network from Comcast, so you'll soon be able to see the Rockets, Astros, and Dynamo on AT&T and DirecTV.
CrossBowAg99
AG
quote:

+1
txaggie_08
AG
I just got Comcast after my recent move. UVerse blew it out of the water. Wish I could get back to UVerse.
Lot Y Tailgate
AG
Get Comcast, customer service is the worst, but the service itself if good as long as you have decent line to your house and RG6 and not RG59 in your walls.
agforlife97
AG
It's all horrible. I have comcast because I hate the rain outages with satellite. But all are overpriced with bad customer service. If you can ever get all your sports with a box, cable companies will all go bankrupt.
whiteman
Recently switched to Comcast Xfinity from Dish Network. Main reason was we were tired of the crappy AT&T DSL and so we could watch the Astros. The internet it connection is awesome, and the TV deal is working out better than i thought it would. CSN Houston > espn
Jock 07
AG
I have directv. In the past I would have recommended it but I can't anymore for multiple issues. Their on demand has been jacked up for going on 2.5 months now with no fix in sight (the engineers are still working on a solution supposedly) the customer service has steadily gone down hill, and probably worst of all, they don't offer SECN+ along with a lot of other online streaming content.
jja79
AG
Comcast wifi is great. Had their TV for 8 years with only one real issue which they resolved quickly and on time.
Post removed:
by user
schmendeler
AG
"Their on demand has been jacked up for going on 2.5 months now with no fix in sight (the engineers are still working on a solution supposedly)"

I don't know what you're referring to. I use it virtually every day.
98Ag99Grad
AG
quote:
quote:

+1

+2
Aggie1205
AG
Comcast customer service is terrible. Uverse has been good to me.
Jock 07
AG
I don't know, whenever I download a show or do the watch now deal the audio cuts out ~ every 4-5 seconds. They keep telling me that they know about it and it's an issue with the genie software or some ****.
Cibalo
when you say AT&T are you talking about Uverse?

I have Uverse and have been extremely happy with it. Quality and speeds are great. Huge on demand section, lots of HD channels, and very efficient and reliable customer support.

A guy at work has Comcast and it seems like once a week he is complaining about they still haven't resolved an issue he has had for the last 2 years but they are his only cable option and he refuses to go to satilite due to a previous bad experience.
astrosaggie1212
AG
The AT&T website says Uverse is not available in the area. AT&T shows the bundle package with DirecTV and the AT&T Internet. It seems like the consensus here is DirecTV and Comcast Internet. Thanks all!
SouthTexasAg06
AG
I am doing DirectTv and ATT internet but the internet speeds are horrible in my area.

Does anyone have the Comcast internet with Blast? What is Blast and is it worth it?

Lot Y Tailgate
AG
Blast used to be 50Mb/s, now I think it is 100Mb/s.

You can get a promo rate of $35 or $40 regularly it's about $65
aggiedrew08
AG
I've got Comcast for both, never had many issues. Definitely enjoy getting my Rockets & Astros.
POW
AG
Have Comcast for internet. It went out for good after some big storms over the weekend. I called on Monday & the earliest they could send a tech out is Saturday! So I have no internet for a week. I don't really even use the internet at home much, but its still annoying. They should probably hire a few more techs if there is always a 5-day waiting period to get some one out to fix their broken service.
schmendeler
AG
if it doesn't look like you have a loose cable somewhere (like a tree limb brought it down or something), why not just take the modem in to the Comcast store and get a new one?
gee_bananas
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

+1

+2
+3
MrJonMan
AG
Love Uverse tv, been with them for almost 6 years, however, ever since the move to the new house, the internet keeps screwing up. Yesterday marked the 5th or 6th time in the last 8 months. They've got 1 last chance to fix it, or I'm going to comcast for internet.
MrJonMan
AG
Uverse tech came and "fixed" Internet today....it works, but he's the 3rd person to tell mewhat he did was just a bandaid fix bc they don't know what's going on.

I'm switching
rhoswen
AG
Have xfinity for both and I can't WAIT to get out of this apartment and back into someplace I can get DirecTV. I HATE xfinity and their customer service is the worst I've seen anywhere. Two week lead time to get a tech out to install the x1 box... which I was perfectly capable of doing myself.
Splitag
AG
I switched from DTV to Comcast in August. I have been very impressed with the overall technology upgrade and the on demand. The DTV ondemand is an absolute joke compared to Comcast X1. I bundled with internet and saved $35 a month, and I get HBO free. I miss Sunday Ticket sometimes, but I have been just fine watching Redzone.
GoAgs92
AG
and when your contract is up your price will increase 250%.

which is the boat I'm in right now...

Thinking bout keeping the comcast internet and switching back to Dish...hmm
Quantum ace
AG
quote:
Get Comcast, customer service is the worst
I had a waiter who took a phone call mid order, in which he threatened to rape the callers mother. He had better customer service than anyone I have ever dealt with at Comcast.
schmendeler
AG
your waiter was simultaneously waiting tables and taking calls from the phone queue at Comcast? that makes so much sense for why their service is horrible.
Mr.Bond
AG
quote:
I switched from DTV to Comcast in August. I have been very impressed with the overall technology upgrade and the on demand. The DTV ondemand is an absolute joke compared to Comcast X1. I bundled with internet and saved $35 a month, and I get HBO free. I miss Sunday Ticket sometimes, but I have been just fine watching Redzone.
Towns03
AG
Dish with Comcast internet.

I've taken Dish with me in both of the last two moves.
The D
AG
I've had all and uverse blows them out of the water
Original_NoOlives
AG
Cumcast here.

Pros: Rockets, 'Stros, Internet speed
Cons: Cust service, Rates, Cust service, Gay
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.