Houston
Sponsored by

HPD officer fatally shot at 61 Riesner (City Jail)

11,429 Views | 100 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Lot Y Tailgate
Ryan the Temp
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
http://www.chron.com/houston/article/HPD-officer-killed-in-shooting-5698893.php?cmpid=bna
quote:
A Houston Police officer has died from a gunshot wound.

Jodi Silva, a spokesperson for the Houston Police Department, has confirmed that a Houston police officer has died from a gunshot wound on the second floor of the parking garage at the City of Houston Jail at 61 Riesner near downtown on Tuesday afternoon.

The incident occurred just after 4 p.m. The officer was pronounced dead at the scene.

There are no suspects in the case, police said. They would not say whether the officer died of self-inflicted wounds.

No further details have been released. The identity of the officer has not been released.
Ryan the Temp
AG
Story updated that it was an apparent suicide.
AggieT
AG
Suicide by cop?
The Wonderer
AG
Nope, cop shot himself.
ballchain
The Wonderer
AG
quote:
quote:
Suicide by cop?
quote:
Nope, cop shot himself.

Isn't that the same thing?

sts7049
AG
http://www.khou.com/story/news/investigations/2014/08/19/ticket-rigging-internal-investigation/14322667/
schmendeler
AG
Very interesting
txaggie_08
AG
You know, I received a speeding ticket about a month ago, and the ticketing officer wrote in a witnessing partner. As far as I could tell, there wasn't another cop with him, and I slightly wondered about that. Thought maybe I just didn't notice him. This makes me wonder if it was a case similar to that article....
AMW2010
AG
That's interesting you say that... I got a ticket a few months back, there was an additional witnessing officer that I never saw... taking the case to court in sept, my lawyer said that I have a dirty cop, and the other guy was more than likely not even there. I asked my cousin, who is HPD if he knew the other cop(witness, he told me he is a huge scumbag and I should try to take him down in court... challenge accepted.

After reading that article more... My ticket was in May, and was near that area on I-10 and 610... curious to find out of the name of the dirty cop...

If that was my cop, by chance... does that mean my case gets thrown out?

[This message has been edited by AMW2010 (edited 8/20/2014 10:50a).]
Ryan the Temp
AG
At the least, it means he won't show up to court, so there won't be a witness to testify against you.

Marauder Blue 6
AG
The officer is identified as Rudolph Farias.

http://www.chron.com/news/article/Death-of-Houston-police-officer-being-probed-5699298.php
AGeng25
AG
quote:
The facts indicate it is fiction.

Good job, I-team
Ag_N_Houston
AG
T&P to his family
agnerd
AG
NOTHING worse than a crooked cop. A murderer at least is not entrusted with special priviliges that allow him special priviliges not given to the general population. If this guy was writing bogus tickets and charging overtime he didn't deserve, he is the lowest form of human. Hopefully all of his accomplices will locked up in jail with people that are made aware that they are crooked cops. Glad that this guy is now off the streets.
BBRex
AG
quote:
quote:The facts indicate it is fiction.

Good job, I-team

I liked the use of "citizen" as well. Was it written by a superhero?
whiteman
Agnerd, your replies on the Chron article are very classy.
bularry
all that for more overtime. like most mysteries in life, just follow the money.

the bad thing is not only do guys like this reap the immediate rewards of overtime pay, these inflated wages give them much bigger pensions when they retire, too, and this guy wasn't far from retiring I bet (4 more years to hit 25 years).
texpert68
AG
$158k over 3 years.

Assuming he's making $45/hr for overtime, that's 22.5 hours of overtime a week. That's some serious spare time he had.
SQXVI
AG
quote:
$158k over 3 years.

Assuming he's making $45/hr for overtime, that's 22.5 hours of overtime a week. That's some serious spare time he had.

Guarantee you this ******* was probably doing some extra work as a security guard somewhere or parking lot attendant while making "overtime" that's how some of these ******* cops make 200k/year and then hit pension and retire at age 40, then get ANOTHER government job and get another pension at 60
Ryan the Temp
AG
HPD and HFD (and their pensions) are the sacred cows that are going to break the city's financial limits, yet the civil service municipal employees are the ones who make the sacrifices to protect the sacred cows - and some of us (like me) are not paid with tax dollars, unlike HPD and HFD. They are 100% general fund.
SQXVI
AG
quote:
HPD and HFD (and their pensions) are the sacred cows that are going to break the city's financial limits, yet the civil service municipal employees are the ones who make the sacrifices to protect the sacred cows - and some of us (like me) are not paid with tax dollars, unlike HPD and HFD. They are 100% general fund.

We don't agree on much but you're right on the money there. I've got a friend who is 46 and just hit his 25 years on the force as a Lieutenant; he's retiring with a pension of $60k/year plus 3% annual raise.
Diggity
AG
now I know who the people who are commenting on chron.com!

[This message has been edited by Diggity (edited 8/20/2014 2:58p).]
Samuel E. Cronkowitz
AG
quote:
We don't agree on much but you're right on the money there. I've got a friend who is 46 and just hit his 25 years on the force as a Lieutenant; he's retiring with a pension of $60k/year plus 3% annual raise.

$60k/yr at 46 doesnt sound like much of a retirement.
Lot Y Tailgate
AG
60k a year but you don't have to put any money of that money away for retirement, and it's forever, and you can get another job.
Diggity
AG
those pension benefits look pretty unsustainable to me.

Maybe it people were living to 60.
XpressAg09
AG
quote:

At age 56, he'll make $80,630. Without having worked more than 25 years.

At age 66, he'll make $108,336

At age 76, he'll make $137,275

And so on, and so on, and so on.
Jack Cheese
AG
quote:
quote:

At age 56, he'll make $80,630. Without having worked more than 25 years.

At age 66, he'll make $108,336

At age 76, he'll make $137,275

And so on, and so on, and so on.

Sheee-yot.
AMW2010
AG
So ch 2 just said the names of the other 3 cops involved in this.... One of the 3 cops is the one on my ticket that is a "witness" on my ticket!!! That POS! I knew I never saw anyone!!! So my odds of this getting thrown out are pretty good right?!?
Ryan the Temp
AG
Call the prosecutor's office.
AMW2010
AG
F the po po!! I was mistaken, 2 of the 4 pigs were my cops!!

BarryProfit
What dumbasses. If they didn't get greedy they would have probably never been caught.

[This message has been edited by Barryprofit (edited 8/20/2014 6:55p).]
FtBendTxAg
AG
True pieces of **** that give all law enforcement a bad name unfortunately
AMW2010
AG
Do ya think that means I'll be free to go? Haha
sts7049
AG
y'all some cold hearted SOBs
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.