Houston
Sponsored by

EZ Tag - New Car

15,347 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Worm01
rockportred
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I bought a new car last week and forgot to get a new EZ tag and have been accidentally rolling through EZ tag lanes and using the Westpark Tollway for a little less than a week now. I am going to the store to get a new tag today, but what should I do about this past week? Thanks in advance.
10andBOUNCE
AG
You'll need to call them and give them your temp tag data. They should have pictures and can apply charges to your account. Once you get a new tag in for your new car just call to activate it and update new license plata info.
rockportred
Thanks
drumboy
AG
Get a tag from NTTA (Dallas) and save the $15 that EZ tag charges to add a vehicle.
dubi
AG
https://www.txtag.org/en/home/index.shtml
LeftyAg89
AG
+1 for TxTag
MrJonMan
AG
Txtag user as well
redag06
Don't understand why people pay for the eztag stocker.
The Wonderer
AG
TxTag
Caliber
AG
quote:
Don't understand why people pay for the eztag stocker.

Get the toll tag for the system that you use the most.

When there is a problem, it is much easier to deal with them if you're their direct customer. My wife had some major issues with TXTag screwing up resulting in HCTRA violations (TXTag claimed card was denied/credit card company had no record of them even trying to charge it).

With EZTag, it would have been an easy fix instead of trying to deal with interagency issues.

This isn't an uncommon problem either.
Woxon
AG
Are all of these interchangeable as far as using them in different cities? As in can an EZTag or a TxTag be used when visiting Dallas?
cajunaggie08
AG
As of right now, an EZ TAG is accepted on all toll roads in Texas except the toll road that runs through DFW Airport.
redag06
I have a txtag, (free sticker) and I use it on a daily basis, 6 toll locations a day, and never had a problem on the belt.
cajunaggie08
AG
Does TxTag get charged the same discounted rates as extag users on the booths that have cash options?
drumboy
AG
quote:
Does TxTag get charged the same discounted rates as extag users on the booths that have cash options?

I got one from NTTA.org and I get the discounts on the beltway.
ChipFTAC01
AG
I've had a NTTA tag since 2003 and lived back in Houston since 2008. I've never had any problems with it other than when I changed by credit card and forgot to update NTTA. I never even bothered updating my address and it kept billing without a problem. When I changed my bank and moved last year I realized NTTA still through I lived in an apartment that I moved out of in 2006.

I don't know what benefits having an EZTag would give me that would cause me to give up my NTTA tag.
AGeng25
AG
So is the only way to handle paper plates to do as the second poster suggested? Call and have them add the paper plates to your account?
Zemira
AG
You can call or login to your account online to add paper plates to your account.

With EzTag they won't give you a sticker until you have a real plate (well at least last time I tried). You can always add cars temporarily to your account without a sticker but you can't go through the tollbooths that have an arm.
Tagguy
AG
I'm only EZ after a few drinks
Furlock Bones
AG
i can't believe people pay for an EZ tag when you can get the TxTag for free. can't fix stupid i guess.
GoneGirl
AG
quote:
i can't believe people pay for a star when you can get the TexAgs for free. can't fix stupid i guess.
FIFY
Furlock Bones
AG
I'm actually getting something out of that star. Access to a different forum and private messages. Paying for extag gets you nothing.
Worm01
AG
Zemira is right, they won't activate your sticker until you have permanent tags, but with temporary tags they will charge to your account without the additional "administrative fee". Just won't raise the arms.

I had NTTA when I moved to Houston and started having some issues. When I traded vehicles, I switched to TxTag specifically because it was free vs. paying the stupid $15 for the sticker with EZTag, Problem is, I work in several buildings that register EZTag so you don't have to stop and badge in. Only works with EZTag, so I gave in and paid the $15 for the privilege of not having to roll my window down and wave my badge several times/day.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.