Houston
Sponsored by

Best place to park at IAH

6,415 Views | 29 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by FightinAggie07
Fightin03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm not very familiar with the airport. My truck will be there Tue afternoon through Saturday. I will need to get to it relatively quickly after I land on Saturday. Any recs are appreciated.
BarryProfit
Park at the airport. Valet.
Fightin03
Alright cool. I appreciate it man. Do you know how many places there are to park in and around the airport? Just trying to get some good advice. I appreciate the help
Jock 07
Furlock Bones
AG
I've always used Eco park covered.
Jack Cheese
AG
I think what Barry was trying to say before you jumped his **** is that you should Park at the terminal. That's the best way to get your car quickly upon returning.

If you are looking for cheaper options (you didn't say), Parking Spot has a lot of shuttles as does eco Park. Good luck with your travels and try not to be so volatile at the airport... TSA tends to not be understanding of assholish behavior.
OnlyForNow
AG
Parking spot, parking cents, Eco park... Park at the terminal. There is probably another one too.

All will run you close to 6 bucks a day uncovered, 7-12 a day covered
plowboy1065
S
Eco Park
cajunaggie08
AG
if you want to quickly get back to your car, you can park at the terminal, but it will run you $19/day. Otherwise pick one of the many off site options as all their shuttles run about the same. The off site lots will run you about $6-$9/day. Since you aren't familiar with IAH, be sure you know which terminal you are flying out of as it has 5 separate terminals.
HtownAg92
AG
quote:
I will need to get to it relatively quickly after I land on Saturday. Any recs are appreciated.

This pretty much rules out the off-site outfits. You will have to wait for a shuttle, then possibly go pick up more people at other terminals, then wait for the shuttle to drop people off at their spaces....

Park at the terminal. It's more money, but worth it for convenience and in your case - time to vehicle.

Also, if you are going out of C or E, I would take a pictures of the elevators / parking signs, etc., especially the last one you get out of before heading to ticketing. You can easily end up wandering around the wrong parking lot if you get on the wrong elevator.
drewbie08
AG
Depends on what you mean by "quickly." I park at Eco Park as they tend to be one of the cheapest and quicker to get you back to your vehicle. If you fly in/out of C or E, they shouldn't go to any other terminal when you return. You might have to wait for the shuttle however, or wait as they drop other people off in their HUGE parking lot.

It is a lot more convenient to park in the garage right by the terminal, but will cost you 4x what Eco Park would.
ballchain
Diggity
AG
When I'm not in a big rush, I use these guys. Covered parking for $6/day and quick/frequent shuttles.

www.preflightairportparking.com/reservation/iah-greensroad/houston-bush-intercontinental/airport-parking/10
TheAccidentalAg
AG
Unless you have time to kill, avoid the city economy lot (ecopark).

[This message has been edited by TheAccidentalAg (edited 8/11/2014 3:25p).]
Dill-Ag13
AG
Preflight is good
Duck Blind
AG
Valet.
fire09
AG
If its on your dime, parking spot works well, and they have a lot of buses so you arent standing around waiting at the terminal.
Joker98
AG
I used Fast Park on Will Clayton last week and it was great. Covered parking for $6.47/day. Shuttles were quick; much quicker than eco park.
TefIon Don
AG
I used to use Ecopark every time, but getting a shuttle back to my car has taken over 20 minutes the last few times. I'll try the Parking Spot next time I'm there.
JDUB08AG
AG
I've never waited more than 5 min for a Parking Spot shuttle. Just make sure you get on the right one There are 3 locations now, so check the location label on the shuttle!
Caliber
AG
I used Fastpark for my last trip a couple weeks ago and really liked it. Easy in and out of the lot from 59 and the shuttles were quick.

Previously I had been using Ecopark, but kind tired or watching the other shuttles come and go while waiting for the ecopark one.

[This message has been edited by Brad06ag (edited 8/13/2014 9:57a).]
BarryProfit
Like I said initially, valet at the airport.
Farmer1906
AG
valet or garage.
Aggielandma12
AG
Fly private.
inch05
AG
i always do the parking spot...they seem to have the most buses and the JFK location seems to always have a bus there when i need it (lately).
bevokilla
AG
If you need to leave quickly when you get back, try to park at your return terminal if you can. IE: Flying out United but flying back United Express will probably put you out one terminal and back in at another.
Burnsey
AG
I usually park at the terminal front door. They tow my car. When I get back, I take a cab to the tow yard. It's cheaper that way.
cohibasymas
AG
Best place to park at IAH? Hobby
gougler08
AG
Fast Park and they have a rewards program as well to get free days of parking. Never had a problem with them and it's $7/day for covered parking
AGeng25
AG
There are 3 IAH Parking Spot locations - The Parking Spot JFK, The Parking Spot Will Clayton, and Spot (on Will Clayton). The only difference I can find between Spot and Parking Spot is $8.95/11.50 per day for uncovered/covered at the Parking Spot vs $5.50/7.50 per day at "Spot". The site just says "Spot is our new extended stay and vacation parking servicing Houston George Bush Intercontinental airport..." It doesn't say anything about minimum stay durations...

Is there any other difference outside of price and location?
FightinAggie07
AG
Park at the terminal, pay your $17 a day, and expense that **** to your company/customer.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.