Houston
Sponsored by

127 Vehicles Submerged in Houston Bayous

13,588 Views | 62 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by 1876er
jamaggie06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm sure that's conforting to the families of missing people everywhere as well as to the families of current unsolved homicides.

HPD, when it's hard to solve a crime, why try?
agmatt06
AG
Outside of the crime aspect of it all....who is paying to get all those cars out of the water?

If it's taxpayer money, I would think there is probably a better use for that money...
Frok
AG
They already waste our money on useless things, what's one more? At least this is kind of interesting.
Marvin_Zindler
AG
I'd take them doing this over building more useless toy trains every day of the week and twice on Sundays.
chico
AG
Harris County flood control is very powerful/influential in this city. Seems like they would demand those cars be removed in order to help facilitate water flow to the gulf.
Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:
Harris County flood control is very powerful/influential in this city. Seems like they would demand those cars be removed in order to help facilitate water flow to the gulf.
No comment.
Post removed:
by user
zap
AG
Sounds like an awesome way to cover up a crime. Submerge the car, because the cops don't want to expend time or capital to investigate it.
94chem
quote:
HPD, when it's hard to solve a crime, why try?

Why do a real investigation when you can just have the crime lab make up something?
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Started bringing these cars up.

O/u on dead bodies inside?
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
aTm2004
AG
Bondag
AG
Why didn't Steven Avery dump the car in the bayou?
AGeng25
AG
http://www.click2houston.com/news/sunken-cars-pulled-from-houston-bayou-graves

quote:
The first of what is most likely to be hundreds of sunken cars to be retrieved from Houston bayous was pulled from its watery grave Wednesday. A 1987 Buick got the honor.
Industrial divers wearing heavy duty suits attached flotation bladders to the underside of the car, which was partially buried in the bottom of Brays Bayou near South Wayside.
"We're going to get two more cars out today," Councilman Michael Kubosh said.
An interlocal pilot program agreement provides $49,500 of public funds to pull out an unspecified number of the cars. Texas Equusearch first discovered the trove of vehicles at the bottom of Houston bayous during a sonar search for a single missing vehicle.
"You and I know there are going to be some bodies in some of those cars," Tim Miller, founder of Texas Equusearch, said.
Houston police were on hand Monday morning to inspect the video and collect the license plate and vehicle identification numbers.
BrazosDog02
AG
"Vin is clear, plates are clean, who's opening the trunk?"
" "
" "
"Yeah, me neither, this one looks good to us, next car, please!"

JSKolache
AG
Looking thru the map ... all the high concentration spots are in ****e neighborhoods with streets along the water. I bet half of these are crashed joyrides from the same groups of thugs. Definitely some patterns in there....
jonj101
I can't speak for all of the cars, but some of the ones on the map parallel with Carrolton street definitely were stolen by stupid neighborhood thugs/teens and just pushed in the bayou.

I grew up with a number of friends who lived over there, and while I never witnessed it myself I heard about it a number of times. That was around 12-16 years ago so idk how lately they have been dumped in there.
Al Bula
AG
quote:
An interlocal pilot program agreement provides $49,500 of public funds
What in the god flipping damn sh t does this mean?
quote:
The Submerged Vehicle Removal Pilot Project is a joint effort between Houston and Harris County. Precinct Two Commissioner Jack Morman are footing the bill
County taxpayer money that isn't being burned in the Astrodome is being channeled to a new fund to get cars out of the bayou?

And the City is ponying up 250K more?
quote:
The city has already set aside $250,000 to get more out. Councilman Kubosh says it's up to the county to put up the matching funds to put a serious dent in the number of cars and possible hidden crimes lurking under the surface.
Man, Houstonians/Harris County residents getting hosed.
AgLA06
AG
Right?

I mean why would our tax money be spent clearing obstructions from our drainage system. It's not like it floods here or anything.
Stat Monitor Repairman
So somebody on city council has a brother in law in the crane & salvage business.

Taxpayer money ain't gonna waste itself. Business as usual.
FarmerJohn
AG
Wait, are people whining about the city using money to pull cars out of the bayou? The alternative is, "Ahh- screw it, leave it there." I would love to hear from the pro-abandoned car in the bayou faction.
HerschelwoodHardhead
AG
After spending time on TexAgs, it appears that there is a segment of users here who simply complain about any action the government takes, no matter how necessary.

It's a weird phenomenon, I know.

I'm sure if I check the politics board, I'll find a lot more levelheaded group of individuals who truly value the system and the daily benefit they receive from it.
Chewy
AG
They couldn't cut a deal with the C&D Scrap Metal guy where he gets the cars and can keep his 2 dollar bills for the effort?

I mean everyone wins there.
Jaydoug
AG
So, no corpses yet? Who is offically keeping tally?
Waffledynamics
AG
Is there really nothing of interest found yet? How many cars have they removed?
ChipFTAC01
AG

http://swamplot.com/county-tows-20-cars-left-parked-on-the-bottom-of-brays-and-sims-bayous/2016-02-09/
agnatgas
AG
Out of funding?
RK
AG
looks like Texas Direct Auto will have some new inventory soon.
1876er
AG
quote:
After spending time on TexAgs, it appears that there is a segment of users here who simply complain about any action the government takes, no matter how necessary.

It's a weird phenomenon, I know.

I'm sure if I check the politics board, I'll find a lot more levelheaded group of individuals who truly value the system and the daily benefit they receive from it.

Except roads. For some reason, Houstonians love funding road projects.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.