Houston
Sponsored by

4 Dead in Coles Crossing Home

43,166 Views | 193 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by sts7049
I Am A Critic
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So Zemira basically paraphrased the article trip posted at 4:05 and calls it "inside info"?
CrossBowAg99
AG
Critic is taking care of business
Zemira
AG
So when I posted what I had heard the article hadn't been updated. If you look they updated the article at like 10:30 pm. Sorry for trying to provide an update.
MrJonMan
AG
I read the original article, it was extremely short & vague, Z definitely posted more details than it originally stated in said article.
Tom Hagen
AG
Maybe, they weren't making their tribute payments to the Triad.
T Durden
AG
Zemira, did they start looking for a perp last Thursday night right after discovering the bodies?

Hopefully the speculation of murder/suicide was not something the police did as well.
1876er
AG
I'm sure if they saw all four people tied up and executed, and what appeared to be forced entry, the cops were well aware it wasn't a murder suicide.
nu awlins ag
AG
still a bad deal. if the cops knew this, but didn't inform the neighborhood that is bad bull.
T Durden
AG
Right. Just the way the news story comes out on tv. They said something like the medical examiner report came out and officially ruled it a homicide.

Hope the get these a holes that did this.
1876er
AG
quote:
still a bad deal. if the cops knew this, but didn't inform the neighborhood that is bad bull.

I don't think they misled anybody. People just assumed murder/suicide, which is bad bull.
RK
AG
i guess nobody heard 5-6 gunshots? crazy.
RC_57
AG
'i guess nobody heard 5-6 gunshots?"

Silencer?
RK
AG
professionals!

well, they should be pretty easy to track down as i'm sure they went through the appropriate legal channels to acquire said supressor.
Marauder Blue 6
AG
quote:
I don't think they misled anybody. People just assumed murder/suicide, which is bad bull.

Agree. What if the cops didn't release certain details thinking that a neighbor could be a suspect?
Gap
AG
It is certainly unusual that law enforcement and the media didn't have off the record discussions regarding the type of crime here - i.e. home invasion vs murder suicide. That happens in 99% of cases. There are some residents who seem to be very upset by being mislead.
El Mero Guero
Unbelievable...what type of animal does something like this? Even the most hardened thug criminals from street gangs to organized crime typically at least have a "no children" understanding.
Zemira
AG
I assume they have been looking for whoever did this since the beginning. I got the impression there are probably many more details but they weren't letting anything else out right now.

The whole reason I reached out for the brief conversation is I have lots of family in the area and I am looking to buy a house in Cypress/Tomball. So just as everyone else I am very concerned.
DTAg09
AG
I have a 4 month old, and just reading this story nearly made me throw up.. just sickening..

prayers for the souls of that family

they'll be a special place in hell for those involved..

they need to put a HEAVY reward to find these *******s, set an example
agproducer
AG
HCSO is supposed to hold a newser at 2pm on the subject. Hopefully, more information will come out then. I'll keep y'all posted if I can, but that's hitting my newscast crunch time.
spadilly
S
@BillBishopKHOU: Harris County detectives will make a public plea at 2pm today for info.on the family of 4 killed in Cypress.
. . .
egrayen
AG
Did they say or know if anything was taken from their house? Or did the intruders break in with the intent to just murder the family. This is scary.
98Ag99Grad
AG
almost sounds like a professional hit.
Gap
AG
quote:
Did they say or know if anything was taken from their house?

I read the article and had the same question. That would tell us a lot about the circumstances involved - i.e. was this a robbery where a family of 4 was murdered or a home invasion with the seeming sole purpose of killing these people.

Is there a purpose to keeping material information from the public over the course of this investigation? The first incident was that there was indeed a home invasion and murder that was kept from the neighborhood for a week and now second was there a robbery involved or were these people just targeted for murder?

I somewhat understand the lack of information in the 1st case if they were waiting for the murderers to slip up and show themselves - perhaps by fencing some stolen goods. But, I don't the lack of transparency now about whether it was a robbery.

Anxious neighbors do want some level of transparency into what is going on in their neighborhood.
Marauder Blue 6
AG
quote:
Anxious neighbors do want some level of transparency into what is going on in their neighborhood.

So you'd rather the police compromise their investigation to satisfy what is probably a bunch of stay at home hens squawking on Facebook? Crimes like this usually aren't random. There is a reason lurking out there and the investigators are trying to find it. In the meantime, instead of throwing out accusations that the policed are intentionally trying to "mislead" local residents, it's probably best to stay out of their way unless you have something to offer and go on about your business while being observant about what's going on around the neighborhood. Having to deal with nosey neighbors who can't stand not having every single little detail so they can be the first to gossip about it diverts focus and energy away from what is surely a very tough investigation.
Frok
AG
Relax dude, this is the internet. Nobody is getting in the way.

People are concerned about their safety now that they know it wasn't a murder-suicide. The robbery element is important. If robbery was the motive then another hit could happen.

[This message has been edited by Frok (edited 2/4/2014 3:44p).]
Chuck Gay
AG
Marauder,
Now that the cat is out of the bag on it being a home invasion and murder, what possible reason would there be to not provide a detail as to whether anything was stolen from the home?
CrossBowAg99
AG
quote:
throwing out accusations

That whole area of town is going to hell. Id sell my house and move to Hempstead if I lived near there.

Al_Smith
Its highly unlikely this was a house burglary. Your run of the mill burglars aren't going to break in to a house tie up the whole family and then kill them execution style.
IDaggie06
AG
My sister lives across the street. I saw the kids playing in the yard a few times. They, like everyone, were told it was murder-suicide. Crime has gone up significantly in their neighborhood the past couple years.

Something pretty bizarre is supposedly they can't find ANY relatives of this family (including in China). This is leading to total rumors that they were living under fake names and he was somehow associated with Chinese mafia/spy.

I was told the police had been called to the address a couple times over the last few years for domestic disputes. Then COULD have been a possible reason for the murder-suicide report, but unlikely due to the way it is being said they were all tied up.
spadilly
S
Wait...didn't they say the family wasn't tied up earlier today?
spadilly
S
quote:
@MaliniKHOU: #cypress family was not tied up. They may have been shot dead possibly 4days before deputies found them. #khou
T Durden
AG
Mr and Mrs smith kind of thing? Wow, that is out there.
IDaggie06
AG
Oops sorry, I didn't see the report today that said they weren't tied up. That would make more since as to why is was originally a murder-suicide.
1876er
AG
quote:
My sister lives across the street. I saw the kids playing in the yard a few times. They, like everyone, were told it was murder-suicide. Crime has gone up significantly in their neighborhood the past couple years.

Something pretty bizarre is supposedly they can't find ANY relatives of this family (including in China). This is leading to total rumors that they were living under fake names and he was somehow associated with Chinese mafia/spy.

I was told the police had been called to the address a couple times over the last few years for domestic disputes. Then COULD have been a possible reason for the murder-suicide report, but unlikely due to the way it is being said they were all tied up.

I live in Coles Crossing, and crime has not "gone up significantly". It's a good, very ordinary suburban neighborhood.

People just assumed murder/suicide because they think they are crime experts from their CSI watching

[This message has been edited by 1876er (edited 2/4/2014 9:19p).]

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.