Houston
Sponsored by

Comcast - XFINITY X1 Platform

16,839 Views | 48 Replies | Last: 10 yr ago by StillNotAnAggie
CFTXAG10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If you guys that have the Double Play package don't mind me asking....what does that run you a month after taxes and other fees?

Quantum ace
AG
quote:
UPDATE 6/11/2013 so my appointment is tomorrow and can wait to get my hand on the X1 platform for the first time tomorrow, NOT!!! Just called Comcast to confirm my appointment so I don't have to talk to the automated system. Was asked for my account number, I looked it up on my iPad because I don't know it by heart. After giving her my account number and verifying all of my other credentials, she tells me I'm all good to go. I then look down at my account information and my appointment has magically moved to 7/2/2013, WTF what just happened in the last five seconds. She looks on her end and tells me that it has just changed. So she transfers me back to the US from the other side of the world. Nobody can offer me any explanation for why it disappeared and rescheduled itself magically. If the appointment was cancelled and rescheduled less than five minuets ago why is the open spot still not there, because there is no way that Comcast schedule that fast. TRUST ME. So now I have to wait 22 more day on top of the 27 day I've already waited for X1 to be installed for a grand total of 49, if Comcast can't straighten this out. REALLY PISSED OFF. I've had so many problems that I have the local dispatch center phone number so I will call them! Will post in about 22 days if not sooner, that is if Comcast can get someone out to my house SOON!!!......

This is actually good customer service by Comcast standards. They are liars, cheats, and downright @ssholes.

The day I was supposed to have Comcast installed, I had actually spoken to the installer who said he would be a few minutes late. Then they moved my job off his schedule and started rescheduling without telling me. 6 hours past my installation window, after numerous phone calls and lies, they told me I needed to schedule a new installation date, and the first available date was a week later.

After the *#$%tards finally installed it, they have screwed up my billing every single month. The first thing they sent me was a late notice 2 weeks after it was installed.

If anyone here works for Comcast, or know someone that does, I would really like to talk to someone to figure out why they have screwed me over every possible chance they have gotten.
Max Feldt
UPDATE 6/12/2013 So today is the day that X1 was supposed to be installed at my house, but because Comcast screwed up my appointment yesterday X1 is not happening today. Yesterday they rescheduled my appointment for 22 days more from yesterday (6/11/2013) on top of the 27 days I've already waited for X1. So I got all call back from my local dispatcher that told me he will get somebody out to my house on 6/18/2013. So 6 more days is not as bad as the 22 days they wanted me to wait for another installer. I'am still upset that the appointment was rescheduled with out my permission. I should get them to credit me $20 for every 2 hours that they are late within that 6 day period. 6x24=144 144(hours late)/2(hour appointment window)=72 72(2-hour long appointment windows)x20( late credit fee) so I believe Comcast owes me $1440 but I doubt they will ever give that to me, but will try just for s##t's and grins. I will tell what the Comcast rep says when I ask for $1,440 credit!!!....
BarryProfit
Yeah obviously you won't get anywhere close to that but I suspect you will get something.
Max Feldt
quote:
Yeah obviously you won't get anywhere close to that but I suspect you will get something.

I wish, I'm gonna ask just to see.

[This message has been edited by Max feldt (edited 6/12/2013 6:32p).]
Max Feldt
Well it 6/18/2013 10:00am and Comcast showed up early for my service appointment to have x1 installed, color me surprised. Comcast and the word early do not go together, so I should've know that something was gonna go wrong. They show up and tell me they need to test my signal in my backyard and the box that my house is connected to. So they are gone for 10 minuets, then they tell me that my signal is not strong enough for x1 and my house won't be ready till 6/24/2013. Which is a lie because I've already had my line checked to see if it was strong enough, and had a booster installed on the line the feeds the splitter for my tv lines. What they failed to mention before they left was that Comcast has me pegged in a service outage, even though I'm not effected from what I can tell. This is the biggest headache I've had with Comcast aside from xfinity home. I'm currently on the phone with my local dispatch supervisor, and the only reason i have his number is because we have so many problems with Comcast.

10:44am called the dispatch supervisor and he is making the Comcast technicians come back to my house after they finish up with the person who was after me, so they can do their job. I will be happy if I get x1 today, the supervisor told me that no matter what they say about the signal they can install it. But I have them on my security camera system looking at my pool when they said they where testing my signal, so it looks to me some techs were trying to get an extra long break. If they come out and install it I will not say anything to Comcast headquarters or the supervisor, but if have any problem I will just have to pull out exhibit A, and see what my local supervisor will have to say. I have a history with this supervisor and they will be fired so fast they won't know what hit them. I dare them to give me a problem because I will plaster the video all over youtube, and all the Houston news channels, just like the tech that fell asleep on somebody's sofa.

[This message has been edited by Max feldt (edited 6/18/2013 10:59a).]
Jack Klompus
AG
You can have your remote set-up for IR instead of RF. My installer said that the box would need to stay on all the time for the RF to work, and I said that I wanted it to turn off when I turn it off to save on electricity. He switched the remote/box from RF to IR there. I don't remember how he did it, but it can be done. If your green light goes off when you turn it off, the remote is set up for IR; if not, its RF.

[This message has been edited by Jack Klompus (edited 6/18/2013 11:04a).]
Max Feldt
So the techs weren't lying about the signal, but they didn't even test it they just look at my pool. When the techs returned back to my home, they were told by the supervision to do whatever they had to do to get X1 to work. Following instruction the techs returned with a whole new attitude, and went above and beyond by running a second line just for my tv service. So telephone/ Internet are on coax line 1 and tv (running x1) is on coax line 2. Comcast usually only does this for commercial application, so they really did do what they had to do to get the job done. The install took 2 and 1/2 hour alone. The any-room DVR isn't available till at least 6/24/2013 but could be pushed back all the way till 7/1/2013. The Any-room DVR comes at a cost per month for around $5.00 but goes down for every extra service you have, so from what i was told because i have all 4 services from comcast any-room DVR should cost me nothing, but i have to call to activate. Someone is coming out in the future to put the new line underground. As for the video of them not doing their job it has been erased, and was not discussed with the supervisor. Very pleased with the techs performance even after are first episode, so on the automated they received a 5 out of 5, and called their supervisor to tell him they did an excellent job.

As for X1, it looks great but last week X2 was released. At least X1 can be upgraded to X2. I'm blown away by the new interface and loving every I need to use it Comcast is on to something and other tv providers need to pay attention, but I feel it's coming a little to late. I doubt that we will ever see apps like Netflix or Hulu, but I feel like Comcast could actually retain more customers by adding streaming service app. I do see some new apps that weren't originally released with x1. The number of updates they can send with the X platform is unbelievable. And for the people who don't want x1 and are not triple-play customers and don't want X1 will have no choice after this year. Over all I feel like I had to do a triathlon to get X1 but its worth all the headaches to get rid of that ugly blue guide!!!...
Max Feldt
quote:
You can have your remote set-up for IR instead of RF. My installer said that the box would need to stay on all the time for the RF to work, and I said that I wanted it to turn off when I turn it off to save on electricity. He switched the remote/box from RF to IR there. I don't remember how he did it, but it can be done. If your green light goes off when you turn it off, the remote is set up for IR; if not, its RF.

[This message has been edited by Jack Klompus (edited 6/18/2013 11:04a).]

Below the clock on the main X1 DVR there are two Buttons, press them at the same time, and remote pairing instruction will show up on screen
waco
So did Comcast actually say you couldnt get these without being a subscriber to the triple play? There was an article in the chronicle a while back that didnt say anything about that, only that they wouldnt make you upgrade and there was a service fee to install?
StillNotAnAggie
My box went out yesterday and wouldn't reset, just got such on the loading screen. Sucks, but at least I can go swap it out at the store. Tell me about this X2 box...?
springtxag
AG
Yes, I was told you have to be a triple play customer to get the X1 boxes (for now).
stevopike
AG
reviving an older thread

does anyone who had someone tell them that their signal was not strong enough remember what the numbers had to be?

I had the guy come out on Friday installed everything then told me my signal was at a 56 and needed to be under a 55 for downstream (or may have been upstream) and it was a -2.5 and needed to be at least 0 for the other stream. And when I asked how to get a stronger signal he said that I have to get a collective deal with my neighbors to petition to get a stronger signal.

pinche comcast
Texaggie7nine
I still don't have X1 but my new modem they sent me has my speed up to 80mbps

StillNotAnAggie
They told me mine was outside of the acceptable range, added a booster and we were in business. Ask about a booster.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.