Houston
Sponsored by

do you think niagra falls was a more popular destination in the 70s?

1,354 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 13 yr ago by Smokedraw01
camelclub
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
than it is today?
MaterialAg
AG
I think the area was a lot more prosperous in general ... which may have made it more inviting to visitors
highwayman
Pam and Jim
tamulax33
AG
From a February Article on Cnn.com
quote:
Often considered a cliché -- the region was made so popular by hordes of newlyweds in the 1950s and '60s that it proclaimed itself the "honeymoon capital of the world" -- Niagara Falls is getting a fresh look from modern lovers discovering its beauty and having fun with its retro image.

It continues...

The region also received lots of new attention after "The Office" wedding episode -- set on the American side of Niagara Falls -- aired last October.

So maybe I was wrong on the 'corpse flower' thread... it is so 1950-60's, not 70's.
HotardAg07
AG
Seems pretty hoppin every time I go there
Smokedraw01
We went last year and I've never seen so many rednecks in my life. I thought I was in New Caney/Porter.
jopatura
AG
I really want to go one day. Maybe not for my honeymoon, but I would like to see it.

I had some friends that went to Niagara for their honeymoon. They couldn't afford an international trip.
agsuper1
Last time I was there was in the 70's.
BBRex
AG
Went a few years ago, and really liked it (the Canadian side). I would go back and go farther into Canada.
Scantron882
AG
I was there on a family vacation in the late 70s(1979 I believe to be exact) and the place was mostly filled with Japanese tourists.
Smokedraw01
I can think of a million places I would rather go to than the Buffalo area.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.