Houston
Sponsored by

Bridge jumping

4,906 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 14 yr ago by jetch17
agz win
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone seen any news about someone at the big bridge over the ship channel yesterday?
David_Puddy
AG
Thought for sure this was a thread about our game against KState.
jetch17
AG
i thought this was a planned get together for after our hole reaming by Tech manana.
agz win
AG
I can't recall the big bridge's name but a female jumped and floated on down where they saw her floating at some marina and took her out. She left a very young autistic child.

I presume the local news doesn't report such incidents like they don't on the parking garage jumpers.
Scantron882
AG
The 610 bridge is the Sidney Sherman Bridge.

It's a long way from any marinas though, the nearest one is probably in Baytown.

Then there is the Jesse H. Jones toll bridge on Beltway 8 and then the Fred Hartman bridge in Baytown.

[This message has been edited by Scantron882 (edited 10/23/2009 12:41p).]
pvsherwood03
quote:
i thought this was a planned get together for after our hole reaming by Tech manana.

Texas Tech -21 = Make monay monay! take monay monay monayyy!!!
agz win
AG
It was Hartman. She'd given no indication she was having such issues although has having financial troubles.

FarmerJohn
AG
Someone at my office committed suicide this week. It didn't make the news. Houston is too big a town for that to make headlines.
Texaggie7nine
quote:
Houston is too big a town for that to make headlines.

Depends on how they go. If they make it a spectacular exit, as they should since it's their last one, it makes the headlines.

flipper
It didn't make the news because the news outlets don't report suicides.
Texaggie7nine
quote:
It didn't make the news because the news outlets don't report suicides.

they don't report the boring ones. You have to do something they cannot just ignore.

Maybe take a swan dive off the ferris wheel at aquarium. That would be pretty thoed.

jetch17
AG
reminds me of the documentary on IFC "The Bridge" about jumpers off the Golden Gate in San Fran.

There, Suicides on the bridge become so commonplace that no one really acknowledges it, and a boat just shows up and scoops em.

sorry for the tangent....

I remember years ago the guy who scaled the Williams Tower and just let go...it was news up until the point the news outlets heard he let go and left a stain in the grass.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.