Houston
Sponsored by

Tell me what I really need to know

4,051 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 15 yr ago by pvsherwood03
labcat01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So me and the husband are moving to Houston in 3 short weeks and you guys have been REALLY helpful with all our questions so far... but here is what I still need to know:

Why do you call it "the tine"?
Who is Van Blasingame?
What is the exact definition of "thoed" and can you use it in a sentence?

thanks!!
pvsherwood03
"thoed" can mean cool, tight, fresh, playa, crazy/wild, showin nekkid azz, or under the influence/wasted.

ex:

"i stay thoed from head to toe, my slab is thoed sittin on elbows, when its time to feel thoed, ive gotta po', that purple barre, R.I.P. to Moe"

"H-Tine" is just how "H-Town" sounds with the southern draw used by many of the local rappers and many residents as well.

Van Blasingame is a highly social PSB (professional spring breaker) legend.
flipper
http://www.zazzle.com/van_blasingame_print-228396584627317812
pvsherwood03
http://www.zazzle.com/van_blasingame_shirt-235400295091527682

[This message has been edited by pvsherwood03 (edited 5/13/2008 11:15a).]
TheCzar
AG
I'll take a stab at this:

1) "The tine" comes from "H-tine", which is a southern-slang way of saying "H-town". Slim Thug is arguably the best proponent of this , and can be heard clearly in:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7yDG81qL5Lk(NSFW, I think)
"Headed to the club in the boss top down
Slim Thug bout to clown represent H-town
If you love me you gon smile
If you hate me you gon frown"

or his verse in http://youtube.com/watch?v=T9IotSjibp4 (skip to the end, it's a freaking Beyonce song, but "H-Tine is pretty clear at the end of his verse)
"They all hot, but let me see this ones mine
Its slim thug and DC outta H-town"

Clearly there's a bunch more, but these are the only two that came off the top of my head right now... ht & pvsherwood should be able to help more with this...

2) Van Blasingame is a PSB (Professional Spring Breaker), and this is him:

I think that picture speaks for itself.

3) From UrbanDictionary:
quote:
thoed -- describing word;tight, cool, a state of mind;drunk, gone off dat lean, high, etc
Variation:Throwed

"mmmayne im too thoed"
"dat slab is mo thoed than pizza dough"
"i was too thoed last nite at tha club"
or sarcastically: "damn cuz, that mullet is thoed..."

[This message has been edited by TheCzar (edited 5/13/2008 11:25a).]
pvsherwood03
i love that broad he's with though. throw a c-cup on her and she'd be perfect...in the looks dept. anyway. i still got love for a's and b's.
David_Puddy
AG
pv - do you own that Zindler shirt?
rodubls
AG
I always though Blasingame was like Art Vandelay.
labcat01
THANKS for the help so far -anything else I need to know???
captain angry
pvsherwood03
quote:
pv - do you own that Zindler shirt?

no but i actually randomly thought about getting it the other day...htx has it i believe

the logo on the back needs a little work, couldnt get it to do exactly what i wanted.

[This message has been edited by pvsherwood03 (edited 5/13/2008 1:31p).]
Texaggie7nine
I'm still not clear on the Van Blassingame one. What makes one a PSB and why does the h-tine care, wouldn't that be someone Panama Beach or South Padre cared about?

pvsherwood03
PSB's fill up the local Houston bars/clubs in their affliction shirts and ridiculous outfits...they can party sunday night and pretty much any other night they desire since they apparently do not have normal jobs like the rest of us.

they make for good people watching but i can only take so much at one time

i usually refer to them as dragons...or sharks if they have the feaux-hawk thing
David_Puddy
AG
It is because when you want to go to a bar to enjoy a nice beverage with your friends, PSBs are there, d-baggin it up. When you want to get a nice workout at the gym, PSBs are looking at themselves in the mirror and overstaying their welcome on equipment that people are waiting on. Unfortunately, they wear their ridiculous clothing in public and I am forced to have to look at it. We don't need an overabundance of them in the Tine, which is why the Tine/Tine board cares so much.
David_Puddy
AG
In other words, PSBs = not thoed...H-tine = thoed...therefore, PSBs in H-tine are f'in up the rotation.
Texaggie7nine
I'm aware of these types of peeps, I just never heard em called PBSers. And Van must have done something spectacular to stand out so much, since there are so many of these types.

[This message has been edited by Texaggie7nine (edited 5/13/2008 2:07p).]
pvsherwood03
i think we found him in like 3 seensters photos one time all radded up...there was another ridiculous picture taken at Crome's Sundae Fundae where he was casually sporting a horrible trucker hat and the c**catcher. he was with one of the hottest girls i have ever seen though so no hate
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.