Metroplex
Sponsored by

Cheapest parking for Reunion tower?

6,672 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by MonkeyKnifeFighter
spaceman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy,
Shutterbug here, visiting from Houston. Came to see what your fair city has to offer!
I want to purchase a two-fer ticket to the observation deck tomorrow, so I can take pictures during the day and come back at night. Where's the cheapest/best parking? Could one park somewhere and take the rail to Union Station? I'm happy to walk pretty much any distance, as I'll be hoofing it over a lot of downtown anyway - so what's a little more, right?

TIA
Goldie Wilson
Uber.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
You can get a dart day pass for $5 and ride the DART light rail all over.

Downtown union station is near reunion tower.
Museum and arts district has dallas museum of art and Nasher sculpture museum. Plus the elevated Klyde Warren park connects to uptown and Perot science museum a cool architectural bldg.
Downtown near west end is dealy plaza of course and JFK museum etc. you can see the new bridges from there.

You can ride to fair park the state fair has Art Deco architecture - on the green line

As for parking depends where you are staying but there are tons of free park and ride locations for DART for the light rail. For example at Mockingbird station. You could park all day for free and ride the rail into downtown for $5 day pass and go see all of that. It's 10 minutes on the light rail.

From Houston- if coming up 45 from Houston stay on (turns into 75) exit at Mockingbird about 3 miles past downtown go right and park in the DART park and ride station on your left.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
There are restaurants downtown right off the DART light rail line. 4 stops.

Or up at Mockingbird Station....

Check out the maps online and at the stations.

Red or blue line would take you to union station. You can get on and off all day.

https://www.dart.org/maps/printrailmap.asp

PS - easy to buy the passes at vending machines at the rail lines....(look for Local, Adult, Day Pass) ...but you can also just get the App on your phone and do it ahead of time and activate it on your phone....easy. The App is called Dart Go Pass.

GarlandAg2012
AG
Listen to the Zombie.
normaleagle05
AG
I started commuting to downtown from Garland last week. DART rail is the only way to fly for what you want. Free parking and ride all you want til 3am tomorrow on a $5 pass. Uber will cover any accessory travel that the train doesn't should you feel a wild hair (or DART buses are pretty comprehensive and covered by the local day pass).
MonkeyKnifeFighter
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.