Metroplex
Sponsored by

Need a Downtown Dallas rec to watch a&m/tennessee

1,393 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by blitzed
blitzed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Getting dragged with family to tu-ou.... so need something downtown to run to and watch the game. Any recs are much appreciated.
PlanoAg98
AG
The Ebhard (Dallas A&M Club watch party location) is only 15 minutes from Fair Park.
752bro4
AG
I'd look at the Sports Bar in the Omni or the one in the Sheraton if you're decidedly going to be in downtown. There's also a Frankie's, and Woodrow's is about a mile down Ross outside of downtown.

If you are having to attend the fair, the Sheraton is right across the street from a DART stop to Fair Park.
752bro4
AG
I'll also add 3 Sheets right down Ross as well.

The DAMC meets at Eberhart; there is a thread on the first page about that place. I'd read it before I committed to going there.
walton91
If you will be at Fair Park, Craft & Growler, Expo Bar and 8 Bells Alehouse are literally across the street form the front entrance of Fair Park. You can get your hand stamped, watch, and return. None of those are sports bars but they each have a couple tv's that should do the trick. Cold Beer Company is also just down Exposition about a half mile. If you want a sports bar downtown, Frankies is on Main St between Field and Akard or Press Box Grill at Elm and Ervay.
Quinn
AG
752bro4 said:

I'd look at the Sports Bar in the Omni or the one in the Sheraton if you're decidedly going to be in downtown. There's also a Frankie's, and Woodrow's is about a mile down Ross outside of downtown.

If you are having to attend the fair, the Sheraton is right across the street from a DART stop to Fair Park.

Did Woodrow's finally open? They were working on it forever.
walton91
Yes, Woodrow's opened about 2-3 weeks ago. Someone mentioned 3 Sheets earlier. I'd take that off your radar, as its closing soon. Not exactly sure when but I saw an article online that said its becoming a Tiki bar.
aezmvp
Angry Dog will be a **** show this weekend. I'd skip there. Omni is a good call.
blitzed
AG
I'm staying at the Hyatt Regency. Is there a decent option in the hotel or near there?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.