Metroplex
Sponsored by

FTW to Lakeway (West Austin) w/o I-35

1,649 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Corps_Ag12
JasonD2005
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I know this is going to add 45 min to an hour or more to the trip, but I'm wondering what the best way to go would be, without indulging myself in the amazing cluster**** that is I-35. I'll take the time trade-off to see some trees and prairie rather than a sea of tail lights.

Thanks.
Corps_Ag12
AG
I assume by FTW you mean Fort Worth.

If so, then take Chisolm Trail Parkway to Celeburne & pick up 67 to Glen Rose. Take that until it splits into 220 to Hico. Once you get to Hico take 281 to lampasas. From lampasas take 183 all the way into west Austin & exit 620.

Or if you want to come from the west, don't get off 281 in lampasas & take it all the way to Marble Falls then pick up 71 East. Take that into Bee Cave & pick up 620 N.

I expect they take about the same amount of time.
WBC1994
AG
I'll get my hubby to post the route we take. it is through Glenrose and is a nice drive.

Never Mind Corps_Ag12 just posted the route we wake.
bdenby
AG
The route Corps posted is the route I take from Dallas. Such an easier less stressful drive than 35.
bert harbinson
AG
quote:
I assume by FTW you mean Fort Worth.

Or if you want to come from the west, don't get off 281 in lampasas & take it all the way to Marble Falls then pick up 70 East. Take that into Bee Cave & pick up 620 N.

Do this. Except it's 71, not 70.
Corps_Ag12
AG
Fixed, thanks
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Yeah Ft. Worth is FW not FTW.

Sorry can't get past that.

Oh and the route he posted is great. Nice scenic and a mostly pleasant drive. Prettiest part is between lampassas and the cutoff for 71 though. Either way beats the hell out of I-35.
wannaggie
How many big-boy-pants cop speed traps on this route?

I mean after all one nice thing about taking 35 is that you don't have to worry about getting a speeding ticket because you're going to be creeping in traffic or working your way around construction barriers and potholes most of the way.
Corps_Ag12
AG
Only about a mile or so into/out of each town, and that's if they are even there.
JasonD2005
AG
Corps_Ag12 said:

Only about a mile or so into/out of each town, and that's if they are even there.
How about exactly half way between Hico and Hamilton? And the best part is you will be all by yourself rather than shrouded in a pack of big rigs, and thus easy pray.

**** me.
Corps_Ag12
AG
You win some, you lose some.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.