Metroplex
Sponsored by

Possum Carcas in Yard

2,693 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by wannaggie
cp2011
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I live on the corner bordered on one side by a somewhat busy street. While mowing tonight (I had let the grass/weeds get very tall on the extension between sidewalk and busy street) I found a pretty decomposed possum carcas. By the loom of it I'd say it's been there for about a week or so.

I know it's rare for possums to carry diseases but should I be concerned? I didn't come into direct contact with it, just sort of mowed around it. Also what should I do about it? Bury it? Animal control? Do nothing? Appreciate any insight
blumpkin
AG
city folk
Post removed:
by user
Aggiemike96
AG
Flick it in the street.
Ed Carter
AG
I don't KNOW Margot!
cp2011
AG
This is the Metroplex forum. If it were outside the city limits I'd have no problem leaving it where it is, blowing it up with tannerite, whatever else. But people walk by there all the time, sometimes with small children, and I just wasn't sure what to do in case of diseases. Thank you for your smart ass comment though. It really added to the discussion
Garrelli 5000
AG
My dog came back to the door with a dead rat last night. Brought it in the house and dropped it on the floor.

Damn nastiest thing i've ever seen in my life. Covered in maggots. I grew up above a funeral home and have seen plenty of gore in my life, but something about this was just f'ing foul.

Grabbed it w/a bunch of paper towels and threw it in the garbage can in the garage. Will go out today for trash pickup.

Wash hands, wash wood floor where maggots were still wriggling around, wash dogs face.
aggie_wes
AG
Caught my dog regurgitating a dead mouse, rolling in it, then eating it again.

Next time she threw it up I grabbed it by the tail and threw it into the vacant lot behind me where she couldn't get to it.

Dogs are filthy animals.
Aries
ran over a skunk carcass with the lawn mower this summer. just left the rest there.
jeffdjohnson
How much meat is left? Get the Big Green Egg up to 225, add some apple wood then season with salt, pepper and brown sugar. Should be ready in about 3 hours.
Canyon99
Find a shovel or gloves and put it in a trash bag and then dispose in the dumpster. Immediately go online to find some man classes and sign up stat.
GMM
Are you sure it's dead and not just playing possum?
drmwvr
AG
I if I were you, I'd put some gloves one, throw the carcus into a trash bag, put that bag into another and then dispose into your trash can. Hopefully it's not still there at this point though...
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Adam Ag can we get you best funeral home story?
DamageDone
AG
Jerky /ursus
wannaggie
aggie_wes said:

Caught my dog regurgitating a dead mouse, rolling in it, then eating it again.

Next time she threw it up I grabbed it by the tail and threw it into the vacant lot behind me where she couldn't get to it.

Dogs are filthy animals.
But a dog has personality, and personality goes a long way.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.