Metroplex
Sponsored by

Any good HH spots in the Las Colinas-MacArthur/635 area

3,385 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by PrincessButtercup
Know Your Enemy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking for something casual with decent drink prices and good music/jukebox.
FincAg
AG
Probably The Ranch over off 114 and MacArthur. There is also a Mi Cocina and Saltgrass at 635 and MacArthur. Most of our happy hours end up at either Ranch or Cool River since it's across the street.
FincAg
AG
No real bars out here to chill at. Something really laid back, there's a Fuzzy's off 114 and MacArthur on the Southwest side of 114.
Know Your Enemy
AG
We've been to that Fuzzy's before and I liked it but some people were complaining about the heat with the patio being outside.
Duncan Idaho
Lodge?
J.P. 03
AG
The NYLO has a pretty cool bar, but it's not the place to go if you're looking for super-cheap drinks.
Shamwowed
AG
The Ranch
redass1876
AG
The Ranch. Some of the best food in all DFW too
castrop08
AG
I work right off MacArthur in Las Colinas and there's Our Glass Restaurant & Sports Bar (used to be called The Grand). It was taken under new ownership and there was a remodel. A ton of people from my job go there. It's pretty laid back with good drink prices and a lot of TVs. Good Luck!
FincAg
AG
Castrop, you mean the bar at the Chineae buffet? Very interesting place. Good buffet if you're craving some Americanese. Never been to the bar before.
Post removed:
by user
Know Your Enemy
AG
quote:
I work right off MacArthur in Las Colinas and there's Our Glass Restaurant & Sports Bar (used to be called The Grand). It was taken under new ownership and there was a remodel. A ton of people from my job go there. It's pretty laid back with good drink prices and a lot of TVs. Good Luck!
We've done numerous HH's there. I wouldn't say the drink prices are good. We were just there a week ago and the whiskey was $8.
walton91
Not very helpful at the moment, but there is a Londoner going in at O'Connor and Las Colinas Blvd, across from the Mustangs statue. Should open next year, so file that one away for now!
OregonAggie
AG
The Ranch would be my pick. Always have a good time there
GarlandAg2012
AG
I work at O'Connor & 114 and plan a monthly happy hour for a young professionals group at work. The Ranch is the top pick for us, although they do allow smoking in the indoor/outdoor patio which is a turnoff for some.

Other places we've been:

The Keg
Cool River (allows smoking inside)
Champps
Taco Diner
CjAg
AG
I was going to suggest Dallas. It's a little east of there.
MsDoubleD81
AG
quote:
I work at O'Connor & 114 and plan a monthly happy hour for a young professionals group at work. The Ranch is the top pick for us, although they do allow smoking in the indoor/outdoor patio which is a turnoff for some.

Other places we've been:

The Keg
Cool River (allows smoking inside)
Champps
Taco Diner
Champps allows smoking in the bar area
GarlandAg2012
AG
Ah ok, we were on their "back porch" which is actually an enclosed room. Now that you mention it, I remember there being ash trays on the tables in there too, but the smell wasn't bad and no one was smoking in that area.
MsDoubleD81
AG
I hadn't been there in ages but went the night of Cowboys and Texans and Tennessee-Appalachian State games. There were quite a few smokers sitting at the bar.
castrop08
AG
quote:
Castrop, you mean the bar at the Chineae buffet? Very interesting place. Good buffet if you're craving some Americanese. Never been to the bar before.
Lol yes FincAg I mean that place. The bars pretty cool, it's like a hidden treasure. Not too fancy by any means, but a great low key place. They also have a band on some night and Karaoke.
FincAg
AG
10 Downing Street

At the corner of McArthur and Walnut Hill. New place, cheap beer, no one is here. State Farm and FedEx are in the same center.

80's music on heavy rotation. Will actually be like having your own party since hardly anyone is here. Ask for Becky.
PrincessButtercup
AG
The Ranch was my first thought. Champps was gross when I went there.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.