Metroplex
Sponsored by

UCLA game watching party in Ft.Worth/Weatherford area?

4,063 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Aries
ryansdad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone know of any places where some Aggies will be at to watch the game?
BrianDemarais
AG
The Fort Worth A&M club has game watching parties.

http://www.tarrantcountyaggies.org/events.html
AggieBand2004
AG
The Parker County A&M always met at Buffalo Wild Wings on I20 and South Main, but I don't know how their crowd has been in recent times
Aries
I'm not driving all of the way to Arlington.

We stream the games but ESPN was really sh*tty last week. I plan on calling Railhead in Willow Park either tomorrow or Saturday morning to see if they will have the game on. My best friend & her husband are coming in this weekend so I'd like to have a place the boys can go watch the game if ESPN sucks again.

Guess us girls would have to stay home with the babies but oh well. I need to keep my blood pressure down anyways so I won't go into early labor.
mhayden
Still somewhat baffling to me that one of the largest cities in the nation with one of the largest concentration of former students can't get a game watching location organized.
AggieBand2004
AG
quote:
I'm not driving all of the way to Arlington.

We stream the games but ESPN was really sh*tty last week. I plan on calling Railhead in Willow Park either tomorrow or Saturday morning to see if they will have the game on. My best friend & her husband are coming in this weekend so I'd like to have a place the boys can go watch the game if ESPN sucks again.

Guess us girls would have to stay home with the babies but oh well. I need to keep my blood pressure down anyways so I won't go into early labor.

Hudson Oaks, here!
The Collective
AG
Parker County here. We need to get things organized out here and have a more active, younger club... for at least game watching functions. Of course, most of us are out here, because we have young kids, so there's that issue.
AggieBand2004
AG
I work on Saturdays, so I am often ruled out
Aries
Really since a lot of us have young kids, we could maybe find a place that kids could run around at. I know when I drive by Railhead there are always kids out on the back patio playing in the evening. We have an almost 2 year old so that complicates some things but it would be nice to have a place to go & watch the game & meet other people.

If I can get an answer from Railhead tomorrow, I will post it. Tcu plays in the morning so that won't be a conflict.
aggie_wes
AG
I'm interested.
GentrysMillTX10
AG
Weatherford here. Game watching parties are hard for me with dove/deer season but I'm interested in getting a group of Ags together out Parker county way.
aggie_wes
AG
Are there any decent sports bars in Weatherford? I haven't found one yet but I haven't looked all that hard either.
Aries
Railhead said they would put it on.
Aries
Husband went to Railhead in Willow Park yesterday to have some beers & pick up some dinner for us during the game. Game was on, no sound but he didn't ask to turn the sound on either.
Dale Earnhardts Stache
AG
The Eagle's Nest in north FW (Boat Club Rd. on the east side of Eagle Mountain) will have the game and sound on. Or at least they did for PVAMU. The bartender that day said that they turn the sound on for all Aggie games.
752bro4
AG
Bump for any suggestions in Fort Worth proper? Going to Billy bobs tonight and will be headed west soon.
aggie_wes
AG
Frankie's in downtown.
752bro4
AG
aggie_wes said:

Frankie's in downtown.

Ended up being my destinstion

Made friends with a few locals
Joe Exotic
AG
aggie_wes said:

Are there any decent sports bars in Weatherford? I haven't found one yet but I haven't looked all that hard either.

Does Boorays count? Not sure if antebellum ale house has tvs but it's legit. There's also Buffalo Wild Wings as well.
AggieBand2004
AG
Buffalo Wild Wings is usually where the local A&Marcus club meets/met. Never been to Boorays, and it is a mile from home
Aries
You are kinda missing out not going to Boo Rays. Food is delicious. Bar area is pretty nice & big. Lots of TVs.
Dale Earnhardts Stache
AG
Aries said:

You are kinda missing out not going to Boo Rays. Food is delicious. Bar area is pretty nice & big. Lots of TVs.
This. I live by the one on Boat Club Rd. It's actually pretty damn good. Although the bar area leaves a little bit to be desired.
aggie_wes
AG
Didn't boo rays move? The old location on 180 is now la playa maya.
The Collective
AG
aggie_wes said:

Didn't boo rays move? The old location on 180 is now la playa maya.

They are just up the road from the old location, now behind the Toyota dealership.
AggieBand2004
AG
Correct. Right behind the Toyota place, on Lakeshore Dr
Aries
Yes. The bar area is much nicer now.
Joe Exotic
AG
I get the seafood platter at Boorays and the leftovers usually last me two more dinners at least. Bar area is pretty nice.
The Collective
AG
I find that portions at many Parker County restaurants will feed me for days.
Aries
The PoBoy from Boo Rays will feed me for a few meals. It is delicious & now I want it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.