Metroplex
Sponsored by

M-streets people -crazy letter

5,412 Views | 31 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by t - cam
Duncan Idaho
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Did anyone else find a crazy letter on your door this morning?

I alwalked outside to find the ramblings of a lunatic on my Door. A full page about dogs, cats, urine and 2-3 story light blocking buildings.

I have a pretty good idea of who it was but i was just wandering how far she spread the hate.
TresPuertas
AG
Um, please post the letter.

I'm genuinely in love with East Dallas insanity.
Duncan Idaho
t - cam
AG
quote:

No clue on the facts but if herr account of the story is correct than she seems justified. Albeit awfully over dramatic. Is she made about her neighborhood or the dogs or just using the dogs to get to her real frustrations.
aggielostinETX
AG
thats full on crazy.
LoveAussie
AG
quote:

After reading this letter, I start to like that too~

Hope this lady can get the dog urine problem solved, however, don't think she can get other things fixed!

Also I found people living in Lakewood/M Street areas far more active on community social website like nextdoor.
drewser95
AG
The part about being "born 61 yrs ago to entitled bully men" threw me for the first couple of reads until I realized what she was trying to say.
TresPuertas
AG
Do share, because for the life of me I can't figure out what the **** this person is saying in those first few lines
TresPuertas
AG
Also, this is one of my favorites from Nextdoor. Nothing backs up your insane ass point line posing a geo cities website with pictures of dogs.

http://www.dogsagainstfluoridation.com
permabull
AG
walton91
She's weaving all over the road in that letter. Lady, focus! Stay on point!
YouBet
AG
quote:

As a former East Dallasite, there is nothing like the insanity over there. My wife stays plugged in so we can be entertained.
Raptor
AG
Lived on Longview for all of two months in 2006 before owner sold our duplex and bought out our lease. Went back a couple of years ago and the monstrosity that stood where I once lived saddened me.
PorkEatingCrusader
quote:

Duncan Idaho
So talking to neighbors, she posted it on every door for 2 blocks.

The funny thing is she has 2 card in her driveway that have been flagged for towing my the city at least 4 different times. And the only reason her yard is green is becuase the stain has help green up the weeds.

BoomGoesThe
That letter is a perfect example of the baby boomer or old Gen-Xer burnout that lives in the house they inherited from their parents or grandparents. These folks are all over East Dallas, although less common than a decade ago.

YouBet, you don't live in Hollywood Heights anymore?
powerbiscuit
that's the old folks equivalent of a drunken/ambien facebook rant

I'm sure it all made good sense at the time
Demasiado
AG
Two sassy gay dudes get into a fight with the neighborhood crazy lady? Also I think there a little bit of cat lover vs dog lover in there. Lastly I couldn't figure out what she was saying until you guys explained. Born to entitled men...
Dallasag02
AG
I think it's time to go post a similar incoherent letter on all your neighbors' doors saying you received a crazy letter and you're tired of it.
powerbiscuit
quote:
Lastly I couldn't figure out what she was saying until you guys explained. Born to entitled men...
I didn't see it explained. What does the phrase mean?
DannyDuberstein
AG
This old lady is in need of a good rogering while her cat watches. That would probably ease her angst, if any neighbors are willing to bite the bullet and do it.
Demasiado
AG
quote:
Replace "to" with ", two" and it makes a lot more sense
DannyDuberstein
AG
In front of my home where I was born 61 years ago, two entitled bully men...

A comma and changing "to" to "two" clears it up. Mostly.
powerbiscuit
eye sea
AirplaneAg09
AG
So no one else interpreted it like this?

YouBet
AG
quote:
That letter is a perfect example of the baby boomer or old Gen-Xer burnout that lives in the house they inherited from their parents or grandparents. These folks are all over East Dallas, although less common than a decade ago.

YouBet, you don't live in Hollywood Heights anymore?

No, we moved back in november to cut our commute and get a pool. Miss the neighborhood. There is nothing like east dallas in DFW, but the commute became brutal with all the new growth over there.
TheGreatScott12
AG
I definitely did not get this on my door, but it's hilarious!
Phat32
AG
M Streets crazies
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
I'd seriously grade it. Mark it all up in red showing corrections. Give it a D- grade and tape it to her door.
wannaggie
t - cam said:

Quote:

No clue on the facts but if herr account of the story is correct than she seems justified. Albeit awfully over dramatic. Is she made about her neighborhood or the dogs or just using the dogs to get to her real frustrations.
I agree. Don't mistake language-barrier mechanical difficulty for crazy. Crazy may exist, but I read this letter and assume this is someone whose English language mechanics were acquired as a secondary to her first language. This might also make it difficult to resolve conflicts before they escalate.

It's a big if, but if her description of events is basically accurate, then I'd be pissed (tee hee) too, and I'd think most people on TexAgs would agree, since we're all good solid conservative respect-for-private-property folks. Anyone who lets their pets cross into her property at any time for any reason, owes this lady a huge apology. It doesn't matter whether they perceive there to be some physical harm done. Maybe she just has a brown thumb and it's not the dogs killing her lawn, but the thing is, when you own property that doesn't matter. The ethical/moral damage already occurred when you or your pets trespassed and violated her rights as a property owner.
p-wonk01
AG
wannaggie said:

t - cam said:

Quote:

I agree. Don't mistake language-barrier mechanical difficulty for crazy. Crazy may exist, but I read this letter and assume this is someone whose English language mechanics were acquired as a secondary to her first language. This might also make it difficult to resolve conflicts before they escalate.

It's a big if, but if her description of events is basically accurate, then I'd be pissed (tee hee) too, and I'd think most people on TexAgs would agree, since we're all good solid conservative respect-for-private-property folks. Anyone who lets their pets cross into her property at any time for any reason, owes this lady a huge apology. It doesn't matter whether they perceive there to be some physical harm done. Maybe she just has a brown thumb and it's not the dogs killing her lawn, but the thing is, when you own property that doesn't matter. The ethical/moral damage already occurred when you or your pets trespassed and violated her rights as a property owner.
I'd agree with this. It seems to me she really just wanted to vent about the changing neighborhood and people coming in. At least the incomes are going up and not the other way around...that's a change you have to worry about. I'm in Old Lake Highlands and the Nextdoor site gives me gold almost every day. It seems a lot of the new rants are about those "evil developers" and "monstrosity of a house" issues now. I'll admit that the charm of the neighborhood and community feel (inside the city of Dallas) are always worth fighting for, but at some point you aren't going to stop it. I'm really just mad my taxes double ever 1.5 years :/
TresPuertas
AG
.... as do your property values
t - cam
AG
TresPuertas said:

.... as do your property values

Which really only helps if you move somewhere you don't want to live.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.