Metroplex
Sponsored by

Frontier Communication

20,846 Views | 144 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by TAMUallen
Pepper Brooks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Agree TWC has stepped up big time during this fiasco. I had frontier service for 2-3 weeks before I was fed up and switched to TWC. They are still sending me bills telling me I owe them $400+ for that time frame... when I have no contract with frontier and have provided them proof of the pricing Verizon quoted me before the switch.

They aren't getting a dime from me until they get their **** figured out.
Ag CPA
AG
Has anyone switched from Fios to Charter Spectrum in NE Tarrant; we have not had any problems with the Frontier Fios service but Charter is throwing some ridiculous 3-year deals around that make it tempting to switch. My only concern is the internet speeds; I am currently at 75/75 and wondering if Spectrum can match that and if it is reliable.
LoveAussie
AG
quote:
Has anyone switched from Fios to Charter Spectrum in NE Tarrant; we have not had any problems with the Frontier Fios service but Charter is throwing some ridiculous 3-year deals around that make it tempting to switch. My only concern is the internet speeds; I am currently at 75/75 and wondering if Spectrum can match that and if it is reliable.

Same situation here.

I used TWC before and was very satisfied with their customer service, I was forced to switch to frontier fios because TWC don't cover my current area (NE Tarrant). Frontier Fios' customer service is the worst I've experienced though I don't need to interact with their customer service often (I wish).

Thinking about switch to Charter but don't know their internet speed and if their service is reliable.
Twice an Aggie
AG
Frontier sucks. Stuck with them for 2 months while in an apartment waiting for house to finish. Had service 5 days and everything is already down completely. They can have someone here next Monday...so 6 days no internet or cable...and can only tell me it will be between 8-5. Tired of them already...
Ol Jock 99
AG

Was this wrong of me? Perhaps. But it feels so right.
TAMUallen
AG
I just finally switched from Frontier to TWC Spectrum. I was going to reluctantly stay with Frontier because I knew cancelation would be such a horrendous pain.

But... Frontier managed to screw up all of my account details (mailing address, phone number, auto pay billing). That resulted in a giant FUBAR and after I sorted it out by paying in full, they deactivated my account. Learning what happened and sorting everything out took about 5 hours in total on the phone!

I shockingly was going to try to get a new account since according to them, my account was now closed and couldn't be reactivated. They then proceeded to tell me Fios wasn't available at my address! Ummm hello, that's the service I've had and have payed for through November but you just cancelled. Fast forward about an hour on hold and they got back to me and said that the wires have been removed and they'd have to run new ones so Fios isn't available but they could put me on a waiting list and give me DirectTV for my tv. At that point I said see ya later and let them know I'd be protesting the credit card payment since I'm being billed for services that are not being delivered.

The switch to TWC was so quick. They'll have a tech here tomorrow and I'll be billed 50 bucks less a month with no equipment rental fees. Luckily TWC has no contract so if they botch anything, I can cut them with ease.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.