Metroplex
Sponsored by

Frontier Communication

20,847 Views | 144 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by TAMUallen
Ol Jock 99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The forced "transition" from FiOS has been a disaster. Intermittent interruptions have given way to a full internet shutdown. This blows.

For future reference, I'll never use Frontier OR Verizon again.
Hincemm
AG
where do you live?
Ol Jock 99
AG
Firewheel part of Garland. Came back for me after about 18 hours. Still out for some neighbors.
Hincemm
AG
in southlake with no issues...knock on wood
Absolute
AG
Rowlett, here. No big issues to speak of outside of the sluggish turnover at the website.

Think the on demand stuff did not work once, but we hardly ever use that. My wife just happened to try it.

Haven't noticed any internet downtime.

So if you were to move internet, what would be comparable to FIOS, speed and consistency? I figure if it sucks or they play with pricing or something, I will just move. Not under contract. Direct TV was okay, just hate losing signal in storms. Always kept the internet though. Wasn't wure what would be as good.
Enviroag02
AG
Jock mine was out in Sachse near Firewheel as well. The whole subdivision had no internet all day today until about 5pm.
bco2003
AG
Has been discussed here the last couple of weeks.
http://texags.com/forums/30/topics/2737106
permabull
AG
Objective Aggie
AG
The tv streaming doesn't exist. I used that frequently.
LoneStarAg10
AG
I just moved to Uverse territory. Cancelled "Fios" only 10 months into it. Frontier did not charge me a cancellation fee.
VonDownByTheRiver
Transition has been garbage for us too (Firewheel Garland area), so many intermittent outages and 1 full day hard down.
permabull
AG
Oh no, we suck again?
AG
Is anyone able to connect to Watch ESPN? I'd love to be able to watch the Ags play baseball but I keep getting 'user not authorized'.
MsDoubleD81
AG
quote:
Is anyone able to connect to Watch ESPN? I'd love to be able to watch the Ags play baseball but I keep getting 'user not authorized'.
I had to set up a new ID with Frontier. Not wild about this change at all!
MsDoubleD81
AG
And now it's not working!
hijakeroo123
AG
Our company's office has also been having problems with both our Fios internet and phone since the Frontier conversion. Our internet frequently cuts out completely, and even when it is up, the upload speeds are almost nonexistant. Our phones have also had a static noise in the background, which has been irritating. I called tech support on Thursday, but got nowhere after an hour on the phone. A tech is supposed to be coming Monday, but we have not received any follow-up communication after our original call on Thursday. Overall, we're not impressed. For reference, we are also located in the Firewheel area of Garland.
Objective Aggie
AG
So will we ever be able to stream from iPad or iPhones?
Pepper Brooks
AG
We're moving to Carrollton(75007) next weekend and setup up cable/internet through Verizon last month. Apparently he switch happened between then and now and I'm wondering whether it's still the best decision.

Is there anyone on here in that area with frontier? Any issues? If you create a frontier account, is the streaming(watch ESPN, etc.) working?

TIA.
bbattbq01
AG
Verizon put fiber in our neighborhood last nov/dec and turned it on late Jan. Decided to wait on switching until the cutover was done. Sounds like I made a good decision... Hopefully frontier figures it out soon because I miss my fios picture from before I moved to a non fios area 5 years ago!
AirplaneAg09
AG
Bit of an update for anyone else dealing with the Frontier nightmare. I'm a previous Verizon customer in Denton and am cancelling my services with Frontier. I received notification of my first bill earlier this morning which is the first time I've been able to login and get access to my account information through my Frontier ID.

Frontier does not have any contracts in place and are in the negotiation process for streaming services on things like WatchESPN, FOX Sports, etc. I was able to finally get my HBO account re-activated over the weekend but the vast majority of my TV watching is through sports apps and Frontier's answer is that those are streaming services provided for free with my current subscription so they're not willing to provide any kind of credit for disruption of those services. That applies to VOD services as well which is still only about half functioning for me.

I think the only other option in my area is Charter Spectrum, but I am beyond fed up with Frontier at this point. Any current Charter users have any opinions?
JohnM88
quote:
We're moving to Carrollton(75007) next weekend and setup up cable/internet through Verizon last month. Apparently he switch happened between then and now and I'm wondering whether it's still the best decision.

Is there anyone on here in that area with frontier? Any issues? If you create a frontier account, is the streaming(watch ESPN, etc.) working?

TIA.
I'm in Carrollton (75010) and so far no service issues that I have noticed. Even my Watch ESPN is working but I did use my newly created Frontier account login. This has been a horribly communicated and executed transaction. Not a single letter, email or anything from Verizon. I have been very happy with Verizon Fios and willing to pay a premium for it but if the service slips with Frontier I will look at going back to satellite.
Pepper Brooks
AG
Thanks for the feedback. Hopefully everything goes well on Monday.
VonDownByTheRiver
Anyone have any luck getting a lower price with Frontier? We're paying 90/month for 75/75 internet only, when Frontier only charges $65/month. I really don't want to extend my contract though...
MGS
Every cable and satellite provider has an HBO free preview weekend right now except for Frontier.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Just got our first bill. Up $50.
MGS
Just my first bill too, up $28.

I called to complain and got $35/month promotional credit added to my account to make up for the change. (after spending 45 min on hold)
Objective Aggie
AG
quote:
Just my first bill too, up $28.

I called to complain and got $35/month promotional credit added to my account to make up for the change. (after spending 45 min on hold)

Likewise my bill was higher. Which is disappointing since you can't stream on a mobile or access your DVR remotely.

Chat not available. On hold forever and gave up. Frontier wins their war of attrition.
Absolute
AG
Looks like mine is up 15 bucks or so looking at the online total. Cannot view a full bill. Due today, but haven't received anything.
goose91
AG
Almost one month into this deal.... Still issues with Video-on-Demand. Online streaming from ESPN and NBCSports apps are both horrible now. Can't access past bill history on their website (and can't login to Verizon anymore to get it either).

The biggest issue I have, which is probably pretty small to most, is I can't access my DVR from their app when I travel. That was a big deal for me as I'm gone a lot of weekends and every few weeks.

Luckily, I've had no issues with my internet as I work from my home.

If I had any other options besides TWC, I would make a change.

Chris '91
Objective Aggie
AG
quote:
The biggest issue I have, which is probably pretty small to most, is I can't access my DVR from their app when I travel. That was a big deal for me as I'm gone a lot of weekends and every few weeks.

Chris '91

I find this incredibly frustrating as well.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
If I could laugh\cry I would right now. I just got a bill from ****ing Frontier. I couldn't even get them to come fix my internet service. WTF do they I'm going to pay them for?
Wheatables02
AG
Fios for 8 years in flower mound. Never had an outage. Internet has been down for over 12 hours so far....tusks Frontier
Pro Ag
AG
Yeah, my bill is due on Friday per their online system but I can't find any details on it. I am not going to pay until they can at least provide me details.
AW 1880
AG
I am also waiting to see my first bill. I will not be paying a bill without seeing it. I am very tempted to switch to TWC,
TAMUallen
AG
Yet another night of 3Mbps +/- 1 down service that regularly times out on entire sites and many images.

Yesterday, I dealt with their Indian customer service who couldn't really speak English.

Today, after waiting 45 minutes I got another Indian that you couldn't understand. She decided to transfer me because for the first time I am becoming an angry customer. I tried the nice guy route. No luck. No luck bad guy. No luck with frontier.

The cherry on top is that we had 2, TWO, frontier trucks at my apartment complex. I left notes on both of their trucks to please either call me or come to my apartment. One has left.

I can't even get connected with a representative to cancel this horrible ****!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.