Metroplex
Sponsored by

Bankhead Brewing

2,502 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by JDCAG (NOT Colin)
adamhdonnell
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anybody familiar? I was driving through downtown Rowlett today and noticed a construction site for Bankhead Brewing Co.. There is pretty much nothing in downtown Rowlett, but a brewery would be pretty exciting. I went to the grand opening of Intrinsic Smokehouse and Brewery last weekend in downtown Garland. The bbq wasn't great but the beer was good. I went to high school with the brewmaster. I recommend checking it out.
Enviroag02
AG
Bankhead Brewing is owned by the same folks that own Zanata's in Rockwall. Some of the same menu items will be carried over from Zanata. If it is half as good as Zanata, it will be fantastic. Last I heard they were expecting early January for an opening.
adamhdonnell
AG
Thanks for the info
supermanrv
AG
Thanks for the heads up.

The food will be great- Zanatas is awesome--we've been to the both Plano and Rockwall locations.
Enviroag02
AG
FYI....Bankhead Brewing is officially open in downtown Rowlett. I plan to go sometime this weekend or next week
strike319
It is great. All the beers were good to great and it may have been the best burger I've ever eaten.
jaypunkrawk
AG
Time to go visit. Zanata has always carried a good selection of beers on tap. They know beer. Nice to have Woodcreek in Rockwall and now Bankhead in Rowlett.
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
We were there a few weeks ago and it was good. Our waitress seemed to lose track of our table, but I think that was more to their just opening and having a pretty new staff than anything systemic. Zanata's is awesome (ate there last night) and we enjoyed the brewery. They have 2oz versions of all their beers which is nice cause you can put together a big sampling list to see what you like.

I had a pizza and it was pretty great.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.