Austin
Sponsored by

Another body found in Town Lake

5,839 Views | 32 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by KT 90
The Fall Guy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.kxan.com/news/local/austin/1-person-pronounced-dead-after-afd-crews-pull-person-from-lady-bird-lake/

Shhh. It's the norm now.

Drove by today and all the people in the water. Blinders...
AgOutsideAustin
AG
They get DPS to pull the body out ?? Just wondering…..
JAW3336
AG
The Fall Guy said:

What's the back ground here? I don't know the story. Is it dangerous to be on the lake?
MouthBQ98
AG
I'd be curious about the toxicology reports on this. Are these a bunch of people high on Fentanyl or ketamine or whatever wandering in a stupor into the lake? I mean, it's a long lake that goes right through the heart of the city, with often steep banks.

It's just the Colorado river. Nothing dangerous is in it except for drunks and stoned people and lots of bad swimmers. When it gets warmer, more people recreate on the water, and some of them make poor personal safety choices in the process.
The Fall Guy
AG
JAW3336 said:

The Fall Guy said:

What's the back ground here? I don't know the story. Is it dangerous to be on the lake?

If you want to find dead bodies cool. Lol

A couple a year sounds normal. Not a body every month or so.
JAW3336
AG
got it lol, thanks.
AggieOO
its the Rainey Street Ripper!
Apache
AG
Quote:

APD's homicide unit is investigating the incident, but there currently is no suspicious evidence.
Other than the random dead body floating around, nothing suspicious about it!
KT 90
AG
Apache said:

Quote:

APD's homicide unit is investigating the incident, but there currently is no suspicious evidence.
Other than the random dead body floating around, nothing suspicious about it!

Yeah, they keep saying nothing suspicious, but have they released any toxicology/cause of death info on any of these recent cases? Is it four now that have happened in the past two months or so (maybe it's three)?
The Fall Guy
AG
No toxicolity reported. Suspicious
aggiederelict
Which bar is drugging these people? Unbarlievable that this is happening.
The Fall Guy
AG
This is exactly what I think. Nobody gets dead drunk and walks into the lake. This sounds like a drug being taken knowingly or unknowingly.

The Fall Guy
AG
Body identified.
https://www.kxan.com/news/local/austin/austin-police-identify-body-found-in-lady-bird-lake-saturday/
The Fall Guy
AG
Search for the Facebook group

LADYBIRD LAKE SERIAL KILLER/RAINEY ST KILLER.

Interesting group with interview and info.
KT 90
AG
This tweet and article answer the question that was raised: No autopsy or toxicology info has been released yet.

The Fall Guy
AG
They know. Don't want to scare the citizens. I read that the state is helping also because of APD not having the staff.
Apache
AG
Quote:

They know. Don't want to scare the citizens. I read that the state is helping also because of APD not having the staff.
Yeah it's bad for tourism. Serial Killer roaming around & they are playing it off like it's random:

Quote:

While each incident has occurred at the lake, the circumstances, exact locations, and demographics surrounding these cases vary."
The circumstances? What circumstances??

Exact locations? All found dead within a few miles of each other isn't close enough?

Demographics? Aren't the dead all males between the ages of 21-40? Seems like a pattern?

SteveBott
AG
They just busted up a criminal ring drugging and robbing gays in NY. A few ended up overdosed and died. Maybe a copy cat crime?
Bunk Moreland
Asked a friend who's a police officer with APD:

Quote:

LOL...I don't know. A lot of officers think it's a serial killer. Homicide hates us and keeps saying it's just drunks falling in the lake.
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

Asked a friend who's a police officer with APD:

Quote:

LOL...I don't know. A lot of officers think it's a serial killer. Homicide hates us and keeps saying it's just drunks falling in the lake.

Gotta juke the stats Bunk

Bunk Moreland
When he told me that the first thing I thought of was Mcnutty going out of his way with the dead girls in the cans to investigate and stick all the bodies on Rawls and BPD homicide.
The Fall Guy
AG
Doesn't fit the serial killer motive but another person last seen at a downtown bar found dead in Bell County.

https://www.kwtx.com/2023/04/21/missing-austin-woman-tiera-strand-found-dead-bell-county-texas/
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
ttt
Potcake
AG
Sorry guys, I know you had all your hopes pinned on the serial killer Kraken. Sometimes people just drink too much and F up.
https://www.kxan.com/news/local/autopsy-released-for-jason-john-man-found-dead-in-lady-bird-lake-near-rainey-street/
The Fall Guy
AG
Another body found in the lake.
https://www.kxan.com/news/local/austin/afd-body-recovered-from-lady-bird-lake-tuesday/
evan_aggie
AG
Nothing to see here. Investigation has been started and concluded in 12 hrs that suggests just drunk and falling into water.
Froppe
AG
Y'all get with the times. Lady Bird Lake is the Austin equivalent of "The Train Station". Only difference is, these bodies get found. Hey, gotta give the cops something to do, since Sixth Street is always so quiet, peaceful and law abiding, eh?
MouthBQ98
AG
Deep lake with mostly steep shorelines and most places have no walls or rails…
ReloadAg
AG
Lots of underwater hazards too
The Fall Guy
AG
https://www.kxan.com/news/local/austin/man-found-dead-in-lady-bird-lake-identified-by-police/
The Fall Guy
AG
https://www.kxan.com/news/local/austin/rainey-street-ems-patrols-help-intoxicated-man-found-on-ground-near-lake/
Canyon Lake Agbu94
What is the body count up to now? Seems like lots of drowning while drunk going on in Austin?
Don't waste your days on dreams that don't fill you. Find out what you love and let it kill you.
KT 90
AG
Struggle and Strifer said:

What is the body count up to now? Seems like lots of drowning while drunk going on in Austin?

Not positive without researching but too high I had been a number of months since the last one through (seems like anyway). I did see on the news that they also found two cars in the water as well, apparently they were both stolen. No telling what they will find next in Town Lake!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.