Austin
Sponsored by

Commuting to Temple?

1,093 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by BQ92
Corps_Ag12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does anyone do this? Friend of mine asked me the other day about it since I commute in DFW 100 miles round trip each day. I'd like to be able to give them some advice but I think my commute is quite different.

TIA
96ags
AG
I commuted from Georgetown to Temple for a number of years.

It really isn't a bad commute considering there is usually pretty limited traffic. The construction mess in Salado is a little bit of a downside, but that does seem to be slowly improving.

IMO, it beat the hell out of actually living in Temple.
JAW3336
AG
I live at 35 &45 in Round Rock and commute to Temple everyday.

Not much traffic in the morning.

On the afternoons there is usually traffic in temple/belton which will get better when the construction is done.

There is also afternoon traffic when you get to round rock,
JAW3336
AG
Usually takes my 45-50 minutes for the 50 minute drive in the mornings and 50-60 minutes in the evenings.
Corps_Ag12
AG
quote:
Usually takes my 45-50 minutes for the 50 minute drive in the mornings and 50-60 minutes in the evenings.

What time are you getting to & leaving Temple?
JAW3336
AG
I get to Temple between 730 and 8 am.

If I leave Temple by 430 the traffic isnt too bad. If I leave at 5 or after is can be a 5-10 minute delay.
Federale01
AG
If you live in North or Northwest Austin or Williamson county it is doable. If you live in Central or south Austin it becomes more difficult unless you can get to 130 quickly. My SO did it for over a year and had no problems, but we lived right off 35 so it was a straight shot.
Hoss
AG
It's a pretty easy drive. I used to commute from Round Rock to Waco. I liked that better than commuting from Round Rock to downtown Austin. It took longer but it was 70-75 mph the whole way. I hate sitting in traffic.
BQ92
AG
It absolutely sucks on any Friday of a holiday weekend.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.