Austin
Sponsored by

Shooting ranges in Austin area

2,002 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Jason Ag
Furlock Bones
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any recommendations for rifle shooting ranges? I live in downtown for reference.
HECUBUS
AG
http://www.redsguns.com

Better question for the Outdoors board. That's the only one I have visited in the area.
Potcake
AG
Gator2_01
AG
I go to Red's up in Pf-ville.

You may want to look into Lone Star Gun Range which is down by Lockhart. You can make a day trip out of it and get BBQ that is almost as good as Austin BBQ!
MarineAggie95
AG
I typically go to Best of the West in Liberty Hill since they have Tactical Bays, known distance rifle range, pistol ranges and skeet. It is a drive from downtown though
aTm papi
I don't like indoor gun ranges due to how loud they get. A .22 sounds like a cannon in those places. I'd rather be outdoors shooting.

Cedar Park: You can always go to Eagle Peak. It's a really nice outdoor facility.

Lockhart: Then there is Lonestar Gun Range. It's family owned, and not as nice as Eagle Peak, but the people are friendly. You can always head to Lockhart to eat BBQ afterwards.
texas898
AG
quote:
I typically go to Best of the West in Liberty Hill since they have Tactical Bays, known distance rifle range, pistol ranges and skeet. It is a drive from downtown though
Agreed that Best of the West is great, but some weekends they'll start putting people on waiting lists pretty quick after opening. It'd be hard to get there early enough not to wait if you're leaving from downtown.
Jason Ag
AG
http://austinrifleclub.org

Just outside of Manor.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.