Austin
Sponsored by

Domain restaurants/bars

3,527 Views | 31 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Btron
Potcake
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wife and I live in Brentwood and have been frequenting the Domain more and more due to convenience. We have always liked brunch at Glorias but recently went to Jack & Gingers, Lavaca Street, St. Genevieve, Dogwood (beers only), and yesterday had lunch at Yard House. I'm still trying to get past that we're hanging out at a mall and I feel a little guilty doing California chains (Yard House) but the food was good and a huge beer variety. The Whole Foods up there seems to be the less crowded in town. Is intervention needed?
FTR, not a fan of Blackfinn or The Park. Haven't been to Shake Shack.
Btron
AG
I felt that way until rock rose. That place is legit. You should try General Tso Boys. Very cool and tasty concept.
I live in Northwood and the domain is as south as I need to go for drinks or dinner options.
BQ92
AG

Yard House didn't have SEC Network when I went. Haven't been back.
mforce
AG
Check out Brass Tap. The Domain location just opened and always has a killer beer selection. Usually have live music on Fri and Sat nights.
Potcake
AG
Well, that would be a problem.
Potcake
AG
My boss told me about Brass Tap, I just have to find places where my wife can get Bud Light or Ultra.
jah003
S
Seconded on the Brass Tap. New location is really nice. Plus there is a play area right outside the gates. Had a few beers and let the little one play Saturday afternoon.

Edit: saw some dude drinking cans of Dos Equis. So, seems they might have beer for the masses.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Daily grill has $10 bottomless mimosas and Bloody Mary's.

And the bar scene is getting pretty awesome. Every week a new one opens up.
Jones12
AG
+1 on rock rose. Trying to enjoy it before everyone figures out they don't have to lose their mind parking or take a cab to go downtown. Quickly becoming Austins next big thing.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Oh and for the sexually liberal, there seems to be a budding prostitution scene up there. One of my coworkers who basically spends all his time there has a couple of stories hitting on chicks and then they ask him what he wants to pay for services.
Potcake
AG
My wife won't go for that either. FML
evan_aggie
AG
quote:
+1 on rock rose. Trying to enjoy it before everyone figures out they don't have to lose their mind parking or take a cab to go downtown. Quickly becoming Austins next big thing.

I hear you, but I feel like only people who live north say that.
Furlock Bones
AG
i hate all Yard Houses with a passion.
rather be fishing
AG
The Californians are trying to assimilate everyone.
Furlock Bones
AG
Yard House is chili's with more beers.
hammerhead
Living at the back end of Balcones Woods has been great since this complex opened. I can walk to Kona Grill in 7 minutes.

We usually walk over once a week or so...we ate at Yard House last week and I thought it was great.

Still love going to North and Blackfinn. Will have to check out Brass Tap next time we go over.
emando2000
AG
Also try Surf & Turf at Lavaca St Bar. They're pricy-ish (for what I consider bar food) but the portions are generous!
Federale01
AG
Where is the entrance for the path? Is it by the crossover between the neighborhood and the highschool's road on Calle verde? I hear people using the path over there but have never seen it. It might be easier to park by the path and just walk over.
Btron
AG
The brass tap looks to be at the old indoor golf olsce, the Range. That place was the biggest bust I can think of. Who would want to pay premium prices for food and drink just to hit a ball at a screen. Especially with top golf going right up a couple years later. Not smart at all.
hammerhead
quote:
Where is the entrance for the path? Is it by the crossover between the neighborhood and the highschool's road on Calle verde? I hear people using the path over there but have never seen it. It might be easier to park by the path and just walk over.
Please don't park and walk just kidding but yes at the end of BW and Calle Verde. Walk across the road to Hyde Park, cross over the tracks and there is a "road" that goes under Mopac.
Federale01
AG
I'm off Santa Cruz, so walking all the way from my house is out. I wouldn't make a habit out of it, but I may take advantage of it during weekend nights or the holidays. Thanks! I run that loop and have noticed cars parked there before, now it makes sense.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
quote:
My wife won't go for that either. FML

Does your wife hit on chicks often?
Potcake
AG
No, just trying to be funny.
But again, FML.
Aggietaco
AG
Who knew I had so many neighbors on TA?!

And it's just as easy to bike over there. The rib and I bike over for dinner fairly often using that cut through that hammerhead described. Just sucks peddling back up BW when full after eating.
AggieOO
haven't been to the new brass tap yet. i do hit up draft shack at WF from time to time, but by and large, I avoid the domain like the plague. Seems like its always full of d-bags.
Btron
AG
quote:
haven't been to the new brass tap yet. i do hit up draft shack at WF from time to time, but by and large, I avoid the domain like the plague. Seems like its always full of d-bags.
You're a d-bag for not going to the domain. Take that!
AggieOO
Serious burn.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
quote:
quote:

Well sure. But it's getting so expensive to live downtown that a bunch of people are moving north.
Btron
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Well sure. But it's getting so expensive to live downtown that a bunch of people are moving north.

Parking at the domain can be a pain too
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Parking at the domain can be a pain too

Really? I've never had a problem. I always park in the parking garage right by The Park. It's free and it is always half empty when I go.

But complaining about parking for a bar district when you live in Austin is kind of ridiculous, no offense.
Potcake
AG
The parking garage at Rock Rose is easy to use, at least during the day on weekends.
MondayMorningQB
AG
As long as you don't shop you're okay OP

Cheers
Btron
AG
I said it CAN be a pain. Not that it is a pain.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.