Austin
Sponsored by

Moving to Austin unemployed

4,805 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Sports-Ag
BrayK15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy! I am moving to Austin this weekend and do not have a job. I have been looking for jobs around the Capitol, and it is just taking longer than expected/its not their hiring time quite yet.

So, I am looking for something to do in the meantime while I find a job. I am really interested in home construction or house flipping. I worked as a maintenance boy for a home rental group in College Station. I like working with my hands and would like to learn more, but also do not have a large collection of tools yet. I am also open for other opportunities that would allow me to pay the bills. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions.

Also, any tips for an Aggie moving to the city would be welcomed as well - such as doctors, vets, etc., would love to give Aggie businesses my businsess. Thanks and Gig em
rather be fishing
AG
My wife works for American Cancer Society. They are always hiring call center people.
resmith09
AG
Sign up for Christine's List if you're looking for jobs around the Capitol and don't have many in-roads. The hiring will ramp up in the coming months as you know.
HECUBUS
AG
You can probably get a job keeping the good folks from the Nerdery off the Capitol grass as they pursue Pokemon.
Bitter Old Man
AG
With your experience, you can probably find a maintenance man job at a local apartment complex. Bonus if you get on at a campus area project and get to help fix Sorority girls plumbing issues...
Btron
AG
quote:
With your experience, you can probably find a maintenance man job at a local apartment complex. Bonus if you get on at a campus area project and get to help fix Sorority girls plumbing issues...

Hopefully that is a metaphor. Girl caused clogged toilets are the grossest things
Jones12
AG
You can sell roofs for a contractor. Great way to make a ton of money while you wait around. As long as you don't mind talking to people my customers are always looking for talented people who want to make money. Can get you trained up in no time.
SteveBott
AG
Can you build a fence? I might have a one off job for you.
O'Doyle Rules
AG
We're full
BurnetAg
Moving without a job to Austin where the market is saturated? Good luck.
Furlock Bones
AG
i've been here a month. is that long enough to ***** about people moving here?
Papa_Blaze
AG
http://www.wisenbaker.com/
Take a look at them, they might have an Austin opening. My brother works for them as a Territory Manager. Basically driving to job sites (residential homes) making sure your workers are correctly installing cabinets, counter tops, flooring, etc... The job description isn't up yet but just apply anyways
BrayK15
AG
I can do a fence
BrayK15
AG
quote:
You can sell roofs for a contractor. Great way to make a ton of money while you wait around. As long as you don't mind talking to people my customers are always looking for talented people who want to make money. Can get you trained up in no time.
Do you have more information on who I can talk to about this
AggieHaylea13
AG
You could look into Cadence McShane if you're interested in the construction industry. I work for Apple and they do all of our construction projects on campus. Also, if you are cool with working as a contractor, a lot of people start off working for Apple through Volt or Adecco in a variety of positions. The only thing is that our campus is located in North Austin rather than the Capitol area.

As for local Aggie businesses, my vet is Dr. Jason Foster at Lake Travis Animal Hospital off 620 near the dam. He's awesome... we usually end up talking about football for an extra 30 minutes after my appointments.
txjortsagent
AG
Contact a guy named Ricky Conradt in New Braunfels. Tell him Damon sent you.
aTm papi
House flipping? You're about 10 years too late.
SteveBott
AG
OP any news?

FYI OP rebuilt about half my wood fence and I thought he did a great job.
who?mikejones
AG
Still looking op?
Sports-Ag
AG
Startup crawl is taking place on October 6. A bunch of tech companies. I believe you need to RSVP first. Check out the website.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.