Austin
Sponsored by

General Contractor in Central Austin

1,875 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by NoneGiven
NoneGiven
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Have some rotting on a patio roof that has spread to a fascia board and soffit that I need repaired. Any suggestions?
CapCity12thMan
AG
I have 21st century roofing coming out to the house to replace some rot on a dormer window. Not the cheapest quote I got but liked all the answers to my questions...I will report back

Mike Loar is the guy's name:
Mike Loar
21st Century Painting & Roofing LLC
512-219-0342 Office
737-222-3009 Cell
www.21stCenturyTexas.com
NoneGiven
AG
How'd you like your results?
CapCity12thMan
AG
Everything went fine and I am not gong to complain, although I am the type of customer that will question and find *something* they did I don't like. They were a little sloppy with some paint (that had to be matched to the existing paint), so it looks a little sloppy. As things have weathered it is less noticeable to me - probably unnoticeable to anyone else.

In the middle of one of the guys painting some replacement trim, I asked if it should have been primed first...the english guy hollered up to the spanish guy and they went and got another bucket of something white and did that...you know I can't be over their shoulder every second, but the cynic in me questions the shortcut possibilities that may have been taken.

I mentioned to Mike that I anted to be sure the painting was good so as to not allow moisture to get into the wood and start this rotting process over. I asked if two coats of paints would be appropriate. He changed the quote to read "2 coats of paint". Whether they did this or not I have no idea...are you supposed to paint a coat on, let dry and come back again, or do you do the second coat while the first one is still mildly wet? I don't know.

This is just how I operate when I hire out work - I hate it. I assume everyone is short cutting corners and doing a crappy job until proven otherwise. Only way to tell with this work is to see if it holds up when it starts getting rainy again.
NoneGiven
AG
Thanks for the honest, thorough review. I have them coming out to give a bid in a few days; so we shall see how they compare to the others.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.