Austin
Sponsored by

Google Fiber

1,794 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by chipotle
Agit8r
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Has anyone axed Time Warner and gone with Google Fiber? If so, good experience/bad experience?
johnson2012
AG
One of my coworkers made the jump right when it became available to him and he likes it now. His first couple months had intermittent outages and slowdowns that he had to deal with them to get fixed, but all is good now. From what he tells me it sounds like growing pains were the cause and once the fiber in the neighborhood was totally done things were fine.

That's said I'm totally jumping on whoever brings fiber to me first. 20 up is fine, but increasing that by a few 100 would be much cooler.
Agit8r
AG
Yeah, they're taking signups (again) in my neighborhood here in s. Austin with a 100Mbps up/down package for $50/mo. I think I'm going to jump on it, cut the cord with TW and get Sling TV with the sports package.
VanZandt92
Any verdict on this so far?
chipotle
Google Fiber coming to Austin in 2014....except in my neighborhood and at this rate not for another few years.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.