Austin
Sponsored by

Stiles Switch BBQ

12,937 Views | 76 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by JCRiley09
Specialized
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just went to this new joint on north Lamar near airport blvd and it was VERY good. The pork ribs were the best I've had in quite some time and the turkey and potato salad and pinto beans were fantastic as well.

To top It all off the owner is an aggie and came over to talk to us because I was wearing an aTm shirt. He also gave us complimentary "supporting ags" koozies. Great food. Great owner. Every Austin ag should check this place out. It was as good as franklins without the wait.
Senator Blutarski
AG
The beef ribs are ginormous. Great place.
The Fall Guy
AG
BEEF RIBS!!!!!
defroach
And a good beer selection at decent prices.
AggieOO
good buddy of mine is friends with the owner. we were there for the washer tourney last weekend.
JMH
AG
http://www.stilesswitchbbq.com/static/
Central Texas, holla

The Fall Guy
AG
Just it ribs there!

Great service
The Fall Guy
AG
Ribs fall off the bone!

Wish they were further south
OrdAg81
AG
Ate there today!! Great food. If you wear an Aggie shirt you get a free coozie. Need to make it a game day hang out.
nic01o
AG
agreed. had their beef ribs, brisket, and turkey this weekend for the first time. that's some good bbq
Gundren
I wasn't too fond of the brisket, but ribs were great and the atmosphere is good. Not ay all what I was expecting for that part of town.
jakester03
AG
Had it for lunch last week. The brisket was really good that day. The ribs were dried out and the sausage was mushy in the middle. Sides were excellent.

I'll give it another shot to see if the ribs/sausage were just an off day.
shane8203
Specialized, Thanks for putting Stiles Switch on the board. Much appreciated.

And Thanks to all of you for giving us a shot.. Gundren and Jakester, come see us again soon and I will replace those items for free.

Hope to see more AGS soon at the Switch.
jakester03
AG
That, sir, is excellent customer service. I certainly will. Just ask for Shane?
VegasAg98
AG
i live right down the street. I'll be there soon. That chopped beef sandwich on the website looks perfect.
Gundren
rock on shane, i'll stop in and see yall soon.
wadd96
AG
Stopped in on Saturday while car shopping for the gf... had a little of everything. Brisket was pretty good, although a little too much fat on the leaner cut. Not a big deal at all, just took it off with a knife.

Really liked the ribs. Not too tender, so they still held the bone.

Had the "Thorndale" sausage, was really tasty.

For sides, we had the cole slaw with the vinegar based dressing. Interesting take on the traditional, really liked it.

Mac and cheese was good too. I think if you add a little toasted bread crumb to the top it would be off the chain.

Sauce was a little off to me, not sure what it was (maybe cumin?) but not too bad that it was unenjoyable.

We will definitely be back.

"Today, we showed the resolve of the United States. Today we made a statement to the world... That you can hit us, you can knock us down, but we're gonna get up. And when we do, we will find you and kick your ass!"
- Robert E Clark II, Cpt USN, Commandant of Midshipmen May 1, 2011
Hanrahan
AG
Ate there today based on this thread. Pork ribs were absolutely fantastic. Brisket was very very good but more of the thick cut chunk style like you get at Opies rather than thinner cut slabs. It was pretty fatty but very tasty. I'm not a huge fan of the sauce, it's theore watery type, but still went well with the grub. Turkey was a little dry (as it tends to be everywhere) but with sauce was pretty good. Beans were great, corn casserole was good but adding a little spice would really help it out. Didnt care for the vinegar slaw but they also have traditional. Potato salad was very good. Didn't try the sausage but will next time, along with the beef ribs.

Very friendly staff and great food. Well be back. And I will have to order the "Buford t justice diablo sandwich" on the menu at some point just because that's awesome. And a dr pepper.
The Fall Guy
AG

[This message has been edited by The Fall Guy (edited 6/9/2012 6:39p).]
CrawlingNo5
AG
I ate here on Saturday. Brisket was orgasmic.. I'm stuck in Austin for a couple more weeks, definitely going back.
KT 90
AG
The location is not in my neck of the woods (live down south), but will have to make it a point to stop by sometime after reading this thread and knowing it is Aggie owned.
trouble
AG
Go for lunch on a Wednesday. Have the smoked prime rib.

https://instagr.am/p/BF1d9p2IA3l
DAWG DR
AG
This place is near my hood so we have been there several times. BEEF RIBS!! Tried their cajun coleslaw last week and it was amazing. I have several free koozies from them because it seems I am always weaing something A&M
AggieOO
need to go back soon. have not been in a while.

they catered our wedding last year, so we had leftovers for months. Obviously wasn't fresh, but we froze all the leftovers and ate them for a long time.
JCRiley09
AG
The Switch
SteveBott
AG
Great beef rib. Never get anything else.
Cowboy Curtis
AG
$15 prime rib plate. Off the chain!!
rather be fishing
AG
quote:
$15 prime rib plate. Off the chain!!
Coworker and I are planning on going next week. Looking forward to it.
trouble
AG
It's amazing .

The Frito pie is ridiculous and delicious.
Bob_Ag
AG
Been there twice for work outings, didn't know it was Aggie owned. Loved the food, cool atmosphere as well. Will be back again.
rather be fishing
AG
If I'm not mistaken, the owner is an Aggie fan, but did not graduate. I could be wrong.
trouble
AG
quote:
If I'm not mistaken, the owner is an Aggie fan, but did not graduate. I could be wrong.

He's class of 2000, I believe.
rather be fishing
AG
Yep, my information was apparently incorrect.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
Best beef ribs in town
Spider Monkey
AG
quote:
quote:

He's class of 2000, I believe.

Yes. That's correct. (He's my brother)
Grandfather was c/o1940, and father was c/o 1974.

(I was c/o 2009.)
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.