La Bodega is BACK!!

2,896 Views | 32 Replies | Last: 9 days ago by Costa and Andreas
EriktheRed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thank you so much Costa and Andreas! I can't wait.

https://www.kbtx.com/2024/04/26/blast-past-la-bodega-is-coming-back/

spike427
AG
Yay!! I loved their chips!
nought
AG
Shakers and burritos and La Taq queso, right? Right?!?!?
BCSWguru
they had me at crab cakes
CS78
Thats awesome! But only if they have the breakfast. The breakfast burrito kicked ass. What was the sauce? Some type of poblano cream?
JMac03
AG
Soooo pumped. Especially with the location.
FlyRod
The location is a good decision. Old, nostalgic townies vs the university community. They'll do well down there.
Costa and Andreas
Hi all thanks for the commentary and engagement! Firstly, I will give well wishes to my good friends/brother and sister law Peter and Tara Madden as they move on to the next stage of their lives. We have been friends/family for 30+ years.

We have been very patient over the last 10 years to wait for both the correct opportunity for La Bodega and also to have a presence in Tower Point for one of our concepts. This opportunity presented and immediately appeared to check both of those boxes. It will take around 90 days to obtain a Mixed Beverage permit from the TABC so we are targeting an early August opening.

The new iteration has the addition of a drive thru. We will likely address that, along with weekend brunch and/or breakfast in phases in an effort to master each facet of menu and service before the next hurdle. We will be moving the strawberry tart operation from the Holleman Mojo location to La Bodega. The tart will still be available at both mojos going forward fyi.

Be on the lookout for many old favorites, but also, we will be bringing in quite a few new items as the demos in S. College Station are much different than they were in Northgate.

We are thankful for the opportunity.

Cheers
JMac03
AG
Sooooo excited for it to come back AND to be in South CS. Best of luck!!
Costa and Andreas
JMac03 said:

Sooooo excited for it to come back AND to be in South CS. Best of luck!!

Thank you kindly!
chrisfield
Sponsor
AG
Giddy up!
CS78
I hate to even mention it, but please try to keep some menu items affordable if possible. Id much rather have a place where I can feed my family of five on a regular basis than a date night with the wife on a rare opportunity.

Some people think of tower point as a money area. But it's also an area of large families that are still on a budget.
RafterAg223
AG
CS78 said:

I hate to even mention it, but please try to keep some menu items affordable if possible. Id much rather have a place where I can feed my family of five on a regular basis rather than a date night with the wife on a rare opportunity.

Some people think of tower point as a money area. But it's also an area of large families that are still on a budget.
Food costs have skyrocketed. Labor has skyrocketed. The cost of doing business in general has skyrocketed. Restaurant owners are doing the best they can in this environment while also trying to feed their families and make a decent living themselves.
Costa and Andreas
CS78 said:

I hate to even mention it, but please try to keep some menu items affordable if possible. Id much rather have a place where I can feed my family of five on a regular basis rather than a date night with the wife on a rare opportunity.

No doubt that is a reasonable concern for us all. I have five children, I know. La Bodega by nature is a casual concept and thusly won't be expensive overall. The tacos will vary in ingredients and price of course. Just because we are in South CS doesn't mean we won't want to sell to the masses. We hope to have a little something for everyone.
CS78
RafterAg223 said:

CS78 said:

Food costs have skyrocketed. Labor has skyrocketed. The cost of doing business in general has skyrocketed. Restaurant owners are doing the best they can in this environment while also trying to feed their families and make a decent living themselves.

All very true. I don't know the restaurant business but some of the most successful have good food at a reasonable price so it must be doable.
CS78
Costa and Andreas said:

CS78 said:

No doubt that is a reasonable concern for us all. I have five children, I know. La Bodega by nature is a casual concept and thusly won't be expensive overall. The tacos will vary in ingredients and price of course. Just because we are in South CS doesn't mean we won't want to sell to the masses. We hope to have a little something for everyone.

Sounds great. Thanks for the consideration!
Expert Analysis
EriktheRed
AG
I cannot wait to have some ceviche and a Paloma shaker on the patio! I am very excited to see what yall put together for v2.0. I think it will be a great addition to TP. Best of luck!
spike427
AG
Good news: Strawberry Tart available 5 minutes from my house
Bad news: Strawberry Tart available 5 minutes from my house

Guess I could run there, eat one, and run home...
Costa and Andreas
Just spent the last 5 hours making food for 150 for our church. Can't help but start to practice for Bodega's menu a bit!

Chile Rubbed salmon with chimichurri, sun dried tomato toasted pine nut rice and asparagus. Thinking the salmon/chimichurri will make an appearance on the menu lol.
histag10
AG
Pics or it didn't happen....
AggiePhil
AG
*Caprock Crossing, not Tower Point.
aggies4life
AG
Sounds delicious!

Yall need to bring back those harissa rubbed lamb chops from cafe Excell!

Also - any update on the plans with the ozone building you can share with us
Costa and Andreas
We don't own the ozona building, a friend and business associate does.

I can tell you that so far the math suggests that it will be a tear down and redeveloped into possibly two free standing qsr's. Seems prudent to stand by and see what type of impact Anchor Bar will have on that corridor before deciding a strategy. That's just my opinion.
FlyRod
Costa and Andreas said:

Just spent the last 5 hours making food for 150 for our church. Can't help but start to practice for Bodega's menu a bit!

Chile Rubbed salmon with chimichurri, sun dried tomato toasted pine nut rice and asparagus. Thinking the salmon/chimichurri will make an appearance on the menu lol.

That's some legit good stuff right there.

Costa and Andreas
Thanks! I left out the Napa cabbage salad with Greek lemon vinaigrette. There something magical about fresh lemon juice with oregano and EVOO.
FlyRod
If a Greek did not acknowledge that combo I'd be pretty disappointed.
Costa and Andreas
Haha no doubt. It's Spartan nectar.
FlyRod
Any chance shrimp Santorini might sneak its way into the menu?
ElephantRider
AG
Costa and Andreas said:

We don't own the ozona building, a friend and business associate does.

I can tell you that so far the math suggests that it will be a tear down and redeveloped into possibly two free standing qsr's. Seems prudent to stand by and see what type of impact Anchor Bar will have on that corridor before deciding a strategy. That's just my opinion.

A tear down? Won't someone think of the rats?
Costa and Andreas
FlyRod said:

Any chance shrimp Santorini might sneak its way into the menu?

There is a certain brightness to Latin/Hellenic fusion in cuisine, so you never know. Feta will undoubtedly find its way on the menu haha.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Need a MOJO in South College Station.

Freddy's just doesn't do it for me, and while I like Mooyah the single burger always leaves me unsatisfied (unlike a single from MOJO).
Costa and Andreas
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Need a MOJO in South College Station.

Freddy's just doesn't do it for me, and while I like Mooyah the single burger always leaves me unsatisfied (unlike a single from MOJO).

We would love a Mojo down there but the right deal has yet to present itself.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.