BHS fights on campus

8,255 Views | 70 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by Hornbeck
sunflower
How long do you want to ignore this user?
While I realize a certain amount of kids fight at school, any idea of what the cause of two big fights in one week? School administrator send to ER? Very concerned here. Love BHS.
Ribbed Paultz
I'm hoping there is full reporting on this and it does not get brushed under the rug.

If this kind of nonsense is happening, publicly shame the individuals involved.

Many parents in the community are already home schooling or sending their kids to private schools because of this kind of stuff.
BCSWguru
where are the videos?
gibby03
AG
This is happening at all 4 high schools and the middle schools in BCS. This one just happened to hit the news.

Parents have to do better at supporting the school and controlling their children. The districts have to do better in applying consequences that matter.

Lots of "blame" and accountability to go around.
boredatwork08
AG
Is this actually a new development?
I didn't go to HS here, but this was a consistent thing in a similarly sized city back in the early 2000s.
Buford T. Justice
AG
Unfortunately, not all parents really give a damn.
"Gimme a diablo sandwhich and a dr. pepper...to go"
mtec
These kids should be arrested for assault and finish out the year in DAEP - and that's coming from a parent of a kid who was in the proximity eating breakfast when this broke out. We need better cameras, so we have crystal clear imagery of what went down and who was involved, then charge them appropriately. It is the wild, wild west up there. I feel so bad for teachers and administrators who essentially have to become bouncers when that isn't in their job description. Ridiculous.

The videos are available on Facebook, and they are pretty bad. It's a mob of students with teachers, principals, and police officers attempting to break it up. I love BISD and this is not a good look, but an issue pretty much everywhere these days sadly.
woodiewood
When there is minimal consequences to student's actions, this will continue and probably increase.

Find the criminal students who initiated the fights. Set up some fenced army tents that don't have air conditioning, no TV nor internet access....just fans and put the criminals in there for a week. Give them their school material.

If they behave, tell them you get another chance in regular school and if you don't change, you get a couple of weeks in the tent. If they act up in the tents, they are extended for another week.

It's getting time to take charge of the situation with tough consequences and stop dancing around the problems basically with lip service.

michellecan
I just saw a video from BISD. I'm disgusted.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
michellecan said:

I just saw a video from BISD. I'm disgusted.

Where can people see the video(s)?
michellecan
If somebody will tell me how to put it on here I sure will. It's pathetic when a student breaks the principal's ribs. Why is everybody hiding this? Cuz they're kids? Bull crap!
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
michellecan said:

If somebody will tell me how to put it on here I sure will. It's pathetic when a student breaks the principal's ribs. Why is everybody hiding this? Cuz they're kids? Bull crap!

Just post the link
michellecan
file:///var/mobile/Library/SMS/Attachments/31/01/4CA3BADA-810D-479A-83B9-81D22DC3591D/cm-chat-media-video-156b7833-c2be-5976-a1f4-8d320f7714bc:2358:0:0.MOV
textar4404
michellecan said:

file:///var/mobile/Library/SMS/Attachments/31/01/4CA3BADA-810D-479A-83B9-81D22DC3591D/cm-chat-media-video-156b7833-c2be-5976-a1f4-8d320f7714bc:2358:0:0.MOV

We're going to need your IP, username, and password to view that.
gibby03
AG
Go to Rusty Surette's Facebook post about it. Show "All Comments" and then keep scrolling until you see the videos. They are posted there by different people.
Vinewood_03
This is lame on so many levels. Put 2,000 KIDS from diverse backgrounds for 8hrs a day and there's bound to be conflict. Never understood why school fights get this type of publicity. Another attempt for the media and folks to throw stones at Bryan and its ISD to support a preconceived rhetoric they had already made up in their minds long before video of a fight. There are countless wonderful things the students and administrators of BHS do that never make the headlines. It's a flat out failure of our local "news" to cover this component. I get it. People want to watch car crashes and yeah, video of KIDS fighting will illicit attention; but to take it to this level is a joke. I'm a graduate of BHS and damn proud of it. My kids will be as well.
maroon barchetta
Your emoji shows you may be angry enough to fight about it.
dubi
AG
gibby03 said:

Go to Rusty Surette's Facebook post about it. Show "All Comments" and then keep scrolling until you see the videos. They are posted there by different people.
All the videos have been deleted.
Hornbeck
Yes. Rusty took them all down.
JP76
Yep its a wonderful school and learning environment

This has been going on for a long time now and it did not help that a previous superintendent swept it under the rug to make it look like discipline was improving under his tenure by making referrals disappear instead of the students facing accountability for their actions.
maroon barchetta
dubi said:

gibby03 said:

All the videos have been deleted.

Pravda
woodiewood
Vinewood_03 said:

This is lame on so many levels. Put 2,000 KIDS from diverse backgrounds for 8hrs a day and there's bound to be conflict. Never understood why school fights get this type of publicity. Another attempt for the media and folks to throw stones at Bryan and its ISD to support a preconceived rhetoric they had already made up in their minds long before video of a fight. There are countless wonderful things the students and administrators of BHS do that never make the headlines. It's a flat out failure of our local "news" to cover this component. I get it. People want to watch car crashes and yeah, video of KIDS fighting will illicit attention; but to take it to this level is a joke. I'm a graduate of BHS and damn proud of it. My kids will be as well.
All criminal assults should be covered equally in the news regardless of where they occur.

michellecan
As I said, I don't know how to post the link. Somebody give me your number and I will be happy to send it to you so you can post it.
dubi
AG
michellecan said:

As I said, I don't know how to post the link. Somebody give me your number and I will be happy to send it to you so you can post it.
Email in profile. Note it is "ymail" and not gmail.

I will share it.
Buford T. Justice
AG
Some kids just don't belong in school.
"Gimme a diablo sandwhich and a dr. pepper...to go"
Independence H-D
Hornbeck said:

Shocked that KBTX/rusty would bury this story.

Not really. Clay Falls (former KBTX) is now the communications guy for bisd. Buddy system in effect.
michellecan
Sent Dubi, thanks
maroon barchetta
Independence H-D said:

Hornbeck said:

Not really. Clay Falls (former KBTX) is now the communications guy for bisd. Buddy system in effect.

This will upset KBTX/Rusty in five days when they see this thread.
StinkyPinky
AG
I live in the midwest and we moved yo a very reputable school district when we moved here (one of the top in the state). Has a range of socioeconomic backgrounds that feed into it so very diverse. My kids are always coming home talking about the massive fights that take place often and always tons of videos circulating. My conclusion is this happens EVERYWHERE now, pretty much the norm unfortunately. All the phones recording make matters much worse.
dubi
AG
michellecan said:

Sent Dubi, thanks
It seems to be 50 50 on legality of posting videos of young thugs under the age of 18. So I'm deleting the link.

However the kids deserve to be exposed for their horrific behavior.
woodiewood
Independence H-D said:

Hornbeck said:

Probably took it down because of the student's ages.
maroon barchetta
Where are the ages communicated? They could all be 18 for all we know.
trouble
AG
What do you think are the chances of every HS student in that video being over 18?
Independence H-D
This TexAgs. Common sense is not allowed here.
woodiewood
maroon barchetta said:

Where are the ages communicated? They could all be 18 for all we know.
You really think that all those dozen or so high school students fighing are all over 18? Perhaps, but some look younger.

All it would take is one parent of a student under 18 to maybe give Rusty a lot of grief.

Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.