What is this flag?

1,899 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by MoreCushing4thePushing
mhnatt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The new Southern Point (or I think they took a French or ballet slant and named it "pointe"??) in south College Station on HWY 6 (former speedway) replaced their huge Texas flag with some big red flag with, I think, a kids head silhouette looking down at empty hands. My wife and I think it's a St Jude logo maybe to celebrate kids cancer? If so, that's pretty cool but curious as to the story behind it.

Kbeauty63
AG
mhnatt said:

The new Southern Point (or I think they took a French or ballet slant and named it "pointe"??) in south College Station on HWY 6 (former speedway) replaced their huge Texas flag with some big red flag with, I think, a kids head silhouette looking down at empty hands. My wife and I think it's a St Jude logo maybe to celebrate kids cancer? If so, that's pretty cool but curious as to the story behind it.

I think it's a St. Jude's flag - as the St. Jude's Dream House is in Southern Pointe this year
trouble
AG
It's a St Jude's flag

https://www.kbtx.com/2024/04/25/massive-st-jude-flag-now-flying-entrance-southern-pointe-neighborhood/
TyHolden
AG
I was curious about this as well
Buford T. Justice
AG
Several years ago, I was contacted by a recruiter for a job, and as we got to know each other, he shared with me that the silhouette of the girl is that of his daughter. She is an adult now and married.
"Gimme a diablo sandwhich and a dr. pepper...to go"
Monywolf
Buford T. Justice said:

Several years ago, I was contacted by a recruiter for a job, and as we got to know each other, he shared with me that the silhouette of the girl is that of his daughter. She is an adult now and married.
That's very cool. It's a great organization.
legalbird
Kudos to the builder, contractors, and suppliers that made the St Jude house a reality.
MoreCushing4thePushing
AG
More importantly, what did you think it was before you found out?
TexAg1987
Parade of homes this weekend also.
mhnatt
MoreCushing4thePushing said:

More importantly, what did you think it was before you found out?

mhnatt said:

"…My wife and I think it's a St Jude logo maybe to celebrate kids cancer?"

MoreCushing4thePushing
AG
One day I'm going to read someone's entire comment before I start running my mouth.

I think a wise person one said something about listening twice as much as you speak.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.